David Tennant presenting BAFTA Film Awards in a Kilt

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.
MrSoapsud

David Tennant presenting BAFTA Film Awards in a Kilt

Post by MrSoapsud »

Surprised no-one has mentioned this yet. Caught a brief glimpse but didn't watch it all. Saw enough to see DT in a Kilt though at the start.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/m ... wards-2024
MrSoapsud

Re: David Tennant presenting BAFTA Film Awards in a Kilt

Post by MrSoapsud »

If you can't (or don't want to) get into the iPlayer coverage there's a picture at https://twitter.com/SherlockW_H/status/ ... 2632354835
rivegauche
Member Extraordinaire

Post by rivegauche »

David Tennant is Scottish and wearing a kilt for a formal occasion is no big deal. For some reason he changed into trousers half-way through the show.
Myopic Bookworm
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Myopic Bookworm »

rivegauche wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2024 11:54 am David Tennant is Scottish and wearing a kilt for a formal occasion is no big deal. For some reason he changed into trousers half-way through the show.
It's a very smart, non-clan kilt, worn with modern boots.

He may have changed for comfort: I would have thought that a full weight kilt with woollen hose is a pretty warm way of dressing in a venue which is probably heated to a temperature suitable for female actors who might be wearing little more than a bikini and a silk handkerchief.
MrSoapsud

Post by MrSoapsud »

rivegauche wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2024 11:54 am David Tennant is Scottish and wearing a kilt for a formal occasion is no big deal. For some reason he changed into trousers half-way through the show.
I'm aware of where David is from. You just don't see Kilts on TV that often.
Myopic Bookworm wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2024 2:49 pm It's a very smart, non-clan kilt, worn with modern boots.

He may have changed for comfort: I would have thought that a full weight kilt with woollen hose is a pretty warm way of dressing in a venue which is probably heated to a temperature suitable for female actors who might be wearing little more than a bikini and a silk handkerchief.
The kilt was "Silver Mist" from MacGregor and MacDuff apparently - lots of very positive comments on Twitter (I refuse to call it by its new name!) including some featuring the word "Hot"!
I suspect the outfit change was indeed down to comfort and/or spreading the love between competing sponsor designers!
STEVIE
Member Extraordinaire

Post by STEVIE »

MrSoapsud wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 3:14 pm You just don't see Kilts on TV that often.
Hmmm, any sporting event involving Scotland?
Point of interest though, this is at least an honest tartan.
To speak of Clan Tartans nowadays is pretty much a load of hype and nonsense.
Steve.