Am I Still Welcome Here?

Discussion of fashion elements and looks that are traditionally considered somewhat "femme" but are presented in a masculine context. This is NOT about transvestism or crossdressing.
JeffB1959
Member Extraordinaire

Am I Still Welcome Here?

Post by JeffB1959 »

As I’ve said several times in my own thread, I’ve been slowly transitioning (for lack of a more descriptive term) to wearing dresses full time on my outings. While this is a site devoted mainly to skirts, I haven’t had much interest in them for quite some time now, it’s hard to explain, but, dresses better suit who I am as a fashion freestyler. I love how I look in dresses, and, more importantly, I love how I feel in them, and it’s indescribably wonderful. What I do is all part of the complete image I present to the public at large, which includes heels, earrings and handbags, for sure, that makes me an outlier here as I sport womenswear from head to toe when out and about, and I wouldn’t have it any other way. That said, would I still welcome here, now that I’ve said yes to the dress? Don’t get me wrong, I haven’t completely bailed on skirts, but, I can’t deny they’re no longer as important to me as they were when I first came here. The lure, and allure of dresses are just too strong for me to resist, and, I’m not bothering to try, I’m having way too much fun wearing them. I’d like to know what you all think.
I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman.
Uncle Al

Re: Am I Still Welcome Here?

Post by Uncle Al »

Don't change a thing, Jeff. Your 'outings' are a great source of encouragement for the rest of us :D
I'm also wearing more dresses around the house due the ease of wearing, and the less time it takes
to get ready for the day.

Uncle Al
:mrgreen: :ugeek: :mrgreen:
Kilted Organist/Musician
Grand Musician of the Grand Lodge, I.O.O.F. of Texas 2008-2009, 2015-2016,
2018-202 ? (and the beat goes on ;) )
When asked 'Why the Kilt?'
I respond-The why is F.T.H.O.I. (For The H--- Of It)
Kirbstone
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Kirbstone »

With your figure, Jeff, dresses are by far the best option. You need no constriction at the waist at all. I enjoy your posts and your 'dress' sense is impeccable.

Tom
Carpe Diem......Seize the Day !
Modoc
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Modoc »

Jeff, as far as I'm concerned, your presence is not just welcome but desirable. I enjoy reading of your jaunts. I can't imagine anyone objecting to presence. I fully understand your attraction to dresses, as I feel pretty much the same way, though I don't have your fashion sense. You always look put together, whereas I would consider my usual looks as rater hodge podge and quirky.
Last edited by Modoc on Tue Feb 06, 2024 2:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“And the time came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.”
― Anaïs Nin
Midas
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Midas »

I would define ‘skirt’ as any garment that includes a skirt, which clearly includes dresses. A dress is no more than a skirt with top attached. It is a logical step to progress from skirt wearing to include dresses and a move that widens the available choice very significantly.

While I wear skirts some of the time I prefer dresses and now have more dresses than skirts.
denimini
Member Extraordinaire

Post by denimini »

You are more than welcome :)
Anthony, a denim miniskirt wearer in Outback Australia
denimini
Member Extraordinaire

Post by denimini »

Midas wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2024 2:16 pm A dress is no more than a skirt with top attached.
Ahh, I thought it was a skirt with the waist band around the neck.
Anthony, a denim miniskirt wearer in Outback Australia
Spirou003
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Spirou003 »

I agree with others, you are greatly welcome here :-)
denimini wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2024 2:53 pm
Midas wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2024 2:16 pm A dress is no more than a skirt with top attached.
Ahh, I thought it was a skirt with the waist band around the neck.
Sorry for you but nope, you were wrong. Your definition of a dress doesn't match this one for example: https://image.made-in-china.com/202f0j0 ... Dress.webp
🤪
JohnH
Member Extraordinaire

Post by JohnH »

Jeff, like you I like to dress en femme. I have taken things even further by being on estrogen in the past 12 years and have acquired a feminine appearance.

The only requirement is that men (which I am one of them) use their real masculine names and not some made up feminine name.

John
Last edited by JohnH on Tue Feb 06, 2024 7:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
new2skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Post by new2skirts »

More than welcome... it's great to read of your jaunts, you inspire us all. I just keep following for that day you tell us of a jaunt in a skirt :mrgreen:
Formerly Kilty / Joe Public etc...
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

Jeff, in two words: "Hell, YES!"

I may not respond all that often, but those are good reads and good looks!
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
john62
Member Extraordinaire

Post by john62 »

I certainly enjoy your outings which is a great encouragement.
Fred in Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Fred in Skirts »

Jeff,
As a full time skirt wearer and sometimes dresses I want to say of course you are most welcome here. I really enjoy reading your outings and the pictures you post. Don't worry wear a dress and enjoy the life of a freestyler. Just don't stop being a member and don't stop posting!!! :D :D

Fred
A former Philly idiot!
"It is better to be hated for what you are than be loved for what you are not" Andre Gide: 1869 - 1951
Always be yourself because the people that matter don’t mind and the ones that mind don’t matter.
Stu
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Stu »

We are all different and we all have our own motives. Some might say I'm more of an outsider because I wear trousers at least 80% of the time as they are more convenient for most of my lifestyle. As most women seem to know these days, trousers are the default, but skirts just make a brilliant change now and again. If women can enjoy them - so can blokes!
Grok
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Grok »

You are very welcome, Jeff.