Am I Still Welcome Here?

Discussion of fashion elements and looks that are traditionally considered somewhat "femme" but are presented in a masculine context. This is NOT about transvestism or crossdressing.
Mouse
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Am I Still Welcome Here?

Post by Mouse »

I think the modern women wear what they like according you their desire and conditions. At the London meet, Barleymower’s daughter surrounded by MIS told us she was in trousers today since it was cold. My own daughter wears trousers all the time except for hot days in summer where she breaks out her skirt.
Daily, a happy man in a skirt...
Barleymower
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Barleymower »

Mouse wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2024 7:24 am "she was in trousers today since it was cold. My own daughter wears trousers all the time except for hot days in summer where she breaks out her skirt."
The joy of no restrictions 😀
new2skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Post by new2skirts »

JeffB1959 wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2024 2:29 am Thanks to everyone for your kind words and encouragement. It’s very much appreciated.

As new2skirts and Ray can tell you, I used to be a member of HHPlace, in the beginning, I was content to wear heels with men’s clothing, but, over time, I ditched jeans and pants for skirts, then men’s tops for women’s, followed by handbags, jewelry and, finally, dresses. From that moment on, heels went from the be all and end all to just an accessory as I was more about the complete outfit and not just what I wore on my feet. Most of the time, I rarely sported heels higher than three inches on my outings, often lower, and during summer, I lived for my flat sandals. Problem was, my appearance didn’t at all sit well with one of the mods because I was no longer about just heels, he openly griped about that, even saying I had ventured into crossdressing, despite not wearing wigs, padded bras or makeup. Those comments made me feel unwelcome, and while I wasn’t asked to leave the site, I decided to do just that, and I haven’t looked back.

Now you know why I created this thread as I wondered if history was repeating itself here as I’m gradually moving on from skirts in favor of dresses. I’m glad that’s not the case, and, again, I appreciate the support.
Our Moderators are more accommodating, they've put up with me over the years :oops: Over at HHP, I think the sole Mod who seemed to be very blinkered in his view that men should wear heels ONLY, but with slacks or jeans, did not like guys who wore them with anything else. To me, heels would go with a skirt and tights, though I never could do stillettoes or anything that would bust an ankle... but the regular booties or boots just go with a skirt the way sneakers would go with a pair of jeans in regular drab. Sad thing was quite a few men embraced the skirted look which seem to make him kick off, and it led to a mass exodus... the place is dead, save for pictures of bootcut jeans and, er, boots :roll:

I like your sartorial contribution and comments on your trips to the mall and museums :mrgreen:
Formerly Kilty / Joe Public etc...
JeffB1959
Member Extraordinaire

Post by JeffB1959 »

Ozdelights: Thanks! We all have to find a level of comfort in the clothes we choose to wear.

moonshadow: Yes, I can see where we are all on a journey, exploring what makes us happy and content. And yeah, I'll hang around.

Mouse: I'll do all I can to further the cause of alternative fashion for men. While I'm not egotistical enough to think of myself as any sort of style expert, I like to think I do good enough with the skills I have.

Stevie: Yes indeed! Couldn't agree more!

new2skirts: That particular mod failed to understand that by wearing pants and jeans, heels ended up being hidden, thus defeating the purpose of wearing such shoes in the first place! A pity about HHP.
I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman.
timemeddler
Distinguished Member

Post by timemeddler »

I just recently started re-purposing pull over type dresses as nightwear, I can literally get them cheaper than actual nightshirts sometimes.
Mouse
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Mouse »

In researching my post regarding handbags, I realised that we also need you for the depth of knowledge on handbags. Put 'handbag' in to skirt cafe search engine and you get pages and pages of Jeff pages mentioning handbags. No other member comes close on the subject.

Just thought it would give you a chuckle.
Daily, a happy man in a skirt...
JeffB1959
Member Extraordinaire

Post by JeffB1959 »

timemeddler: Good for you!

Mouse: Really? WHOA! I honestly had no idea! That's so darn cool! Well, when it comes to handbags, I absolutely NEVER leave home on an outing without one as I refuse to put stuff in pockets, not that the dresses (or few skirts I still own) have any. Besides, it's fun to carry a bag!
I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman.