Ultra thick tights

Discussion of fashion elements and looks that are traditionally considered somewhat "femme" but are presented in a masculine context. This is NOT about transvestism or crossdressing.
skirted84
Distinguished Member

Ultra thick tights

Post by skirted84 »

What are others thoughts on wearing very high denier tights, like 100, 200, 300? I usually feel warm enough with 40 denier unless its actually down to freezing ie frost/ice around, and considering factors like walking a lot, inside heated buildings etc. Such a cold snap has arrived my way and the heavier tights become more tempting. 300 denier however kind of feels like trousers and feel I may as well pull jeans on (I still do sometimes, its about choice).
JeffB1959
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Ultra thick tights

Post by JeffB1959 »

Living in the northeast corridor of the U.S., I often wear 200 denier tights on cold days, and they work just fine for keeping my legs warm. While I've never owned or even seen 300 denier, I opt for leggings for optimum warmth.
I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman.
r.m.anderson
Member Extraordinaire

Post by r.m.anderson »

As an alternative one could wear fleece lined leggings but not as full all time wear inside heated areas.
"YES SKIRTING MATTERS"!
"Kilt-On" -or- as the case may be "Skirt-On" !
WHY ?
Isn't wearing a kilt enough?
Well a skirt will do in a pinch!
Make mine short and don't you dare think of pinching there !
Mouse
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Mouse »

I have some winter tights which claim to be 800d https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B08K2R ... JTTQ&psc=1 They are fuzzy on the inside allow me to wear skirts through the winter. To me the act of wearing a skirt is not just the comfort. The fact I am being me and out in a skirt is the important bit. So if I have to wear thick tights to maintain my skirt wearing, so be it. During the warmer times I will be in stockings and more comfortable. I am a wimp and feel the cold, but I will stay in a skirt and not resort to trousers. I spent years in trousers and now I am redressing the balance of my life.
Daily, a happy man in a skirt...
Barleymower
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Barleymower »

I've had cold feet all day 🫥
But I am wearing something I like 😀
Last edited by Barleymower on Mon Jan 15, 2024 10:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bertino56
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Bertino56 »

Why only black?
Black tights and leggings look neat and understated and slimming, but I also like colors.
85 or 90 percent of women are wearing black leggings. Must men do the same?
I'm in a skirt (warm weather) or leggings (cold weather) most of the time.
I have plenty of blacks and greys and solid colors. I also like plaids and tasteful patterns.
(No clown-suit or florals for me, thank you). A lady passed me in the market last week and
said, "Nice tights, hon." (I think I was wearing an inconspicuous blue/green plaid legging.)
MrSoapsud

Post by MrSoapsud »

My favourites when it's cold are a pair of AUTOGRAPH 100 Denier Velvet Touch Luxe Tights I got from M&S. Lovely and warm and soft without being too thick.
Mouse
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Mouse »

To get past the ‘male drab’ I get many bright colours from this site https://www.amazon.co.uk/Opaque-Denier- ... psc=1&th=1 The 100d are not as warm as some black tights I have, but are good enough for normal winter we get in the south UK. The site is also where I get all of my colourful 40d stockings for the rest of the year. You would not believe the number of women who want to know where I get my “tights” from…..
Daily, a happy man in a skirt...
JeffB1959
Member Extraordinaire

Post by JeffB1959 »

Bertino56 wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2024 10:10 pm Why only black?
Black tights and leggings look neat and understated and slimming, but I also like colors.
85 or 90 percent of women are wearing black leggings. Must men do the same?
I'm in a skirt (warm weather) or leggings (cold weather) most of the time.
I have plenty of blacks and greys and solid colors. I also like plaids and tasteful patterns.
(No clown-suit or florals for me, thank you). A lady passed me in the market last week and
said, "Nice tights, hon." (I think I was wearing an inconspicuous blue/green plaid legging.)
Well, I can't speak for anyone else here, but, I prefer wearing black because it makes my legs look sleek, and they pair well with all my skirts and dresses.
I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman.
Ray
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Ray »

I’m happy with 40-50, and some 60, but that’s my limit. No more than 60. They start getting too thick, and I may as well wear trousers.
Brad
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Brad »

I bought 80 denier opaque tights to wear with skirts and also under shorts when going to the gym. They look nice and keep me warm. But they are difficult to put on. I feel like I'm getting into body armor.
KiltedBigWave
Distinguished Member

Post by KiltedBigWave »

I purchased 120 denier blackout opaque coverage tights from Walmart at the recommendation of Uncle Al and love them. They are just thick enough to give some warmth and look great.
"Look at Scottish guys wearing kilts - you could look at them and laugh, but the way they carry themselves, how can you? You can wear some of the weirdest things and be cool. If you believe in it, that's what makes it cool."
Coder
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Coder »

I just tried out a pair of those fake sheer fleece-lined tights/leggings, and they work. It was 1F yesterday (mild wind) and I decided to give them a try - was a bit anxious as they are kind of silly if you know how they work. They are basically a two-layer construction - a skin-colored fleece-lined base layer, and a sheer layer on top. Walked for 15 minutes outside to the office (then back at end of day) and had no issues. However, the building was a "normal" temperature and the entire day I was way too warm. Went with black, and paired them with a charcoal grey wrap skirt.
CarumBarstrum

Post by CarumBarstrum »

I buy my opaque tights from www.Gipsytights.com and www.SnagTights.com
They have many colours and many sizes.
See me modelling some of my opaque tights on TikTok: https://vm.tiktok.com/ZGe63EtRE/
Seb

Post by Seb »

I bought a pair of 480g fleece lined fake sheer ones for my wife, I tested them out in -25°c and they were a lot warmer than wool long johns and jeans, they were how ever to short for me, kept ridning down so she gets to keep those for herself(otherwise we share most of the tights).

I have a bunch of thick generic leggings that I use a lot and I like Snags wool tights too.
Not alone with a dream, Just a want to be free, With a need to belong,
I am a skirtsman
Freedom, Freedom, Freedom, Freedom