It takes a man to wear a dress

Discussion of fashion elements and looks that are traditionally considered somewhat "femme" but are presented in a masculine context. This is NOT about transvestism or crossdressing.
JohnH
Member Extraordinaire

It takes a man to wear a dress

Post by JohnH »

This morning I went to church wearing a dress as usual. Upon getting there I discovered I was the only person to wear a dress! Everybody else was wearing trousers.
The excuse for wearing trousers instead of a skirt or a dress is the cold (-9 deg C/15 deg F). I wore a long sleeve sweater maxidress with heeled boots.
During Coffee Hour at a table I quipped, "It takes a man to wear a dress" and boy, did the women at the table react to that!

John
JeffB1959
Member Extraordinaire

Re: It takes a man to wear a dress

Post by JeffB1959 »

Good for you! Cold weather doesn’t stop me from wearing dresses, even if they have short hemlines because I wear thick tights (200 denier) or leggings which keeps my legs nice and warm. I couldn’t agree more that it takes a man to wear a dress!
I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman.
Myopic Bookworm
Member Extraordinaire

Re: It takes a man to wear a dress

Post by Myopic Bookworm »

JohnH wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2024 1:34 am During Coffee Hour at a table I quipped, "It takes a man to wear a dress" and boy, did the women at the table react to that!
:lol: