EShakti Question

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.
Max

EShakti Question

Post by Max »

I have been looking at dresses on https://www.eshakti.com/. As a first dress, I am thinking this one: https://www.eshakti.com/product/CL00885 ... ch&index=1.

I know that some here have bought dresses from eShakti. Did you purchase one of their standard sizes or did you have it custom made from your measurements? How did the dress fit you across the shoulders and chest? How was the quality of the material?

Thank you.
Modoc
Member Extraordinaire

Re: EShakti Question

Post by Modoc »

Max, I am not familiar with that brand, but I have seen lots of similar dresses on the racks at the thrift stores where I shop for skirts and the occasional dress. I find that the arm openings and sleeves tend to be a little small, usually, unless the dress is US XL or bigger, which then causes the dress to be a bit too billowy, which is ok for me because I like em' loose.
“And the time came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.”
― Anaïs Nin
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

I have had very good luck with eShakti in the past and have a pair of custom-done dresses and a jumpsuit from them which I am very happy with. The customisation costs a bit more but I recommend it highly if you're aiming for the male physique.
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
pelmut
Member Extraordinaire

Post by pelmut »

That can be a very unflattering style if you have a bit of a tummy and no bust to hold the material well clear of it.
There is no such thing as a normal person, only someone you don't know very well yet.
Max

Post by Max »

crfriend wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2024 3:24 am I have had very good luck with eShakti in the past and have a pair of custom-done dresses and a jumpsuit from them which I am very happy with. The customisation costs a bit more but I recommend it highly if you're aiming for the male physique.
Friend, I saw the pictures and was hoping you would respond. From the pictures and your response above, I am assuming that the upper body of those dresses fit you well. Is that a correct assumption? Thank you for responding.
Max

Post by Max »

pelmut wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2024 8:59 am That can be a very unflattering style if you have a bit of a tummy and no bust to hold the material well clear of it.
Thank you for the input, I appreciate it. That is exactly my situation. What sort of dress would you suggest? I currently don't have any dresses. When I wear a skirt, I wear a jacket or sweater to fill the space. Again, thank you.
pelmut
Member Extraordinaire

Post by pelmut »

Max wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2024 10:29 am [...]What sort of dress would you suggest?
I'm still trying to find one that doesn't make me look at least as pot-bellied as I really am.    :-)
There is no such thing as a normal person, only someone you don't know very well yet.
Modoc
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Modoc »

Max wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2024 10:29 am
Thank you for the input, I appreciate it. That is exactly my situation. What sort of dress would you suggest? I currently don't have any dresses.
I would suggest going to a dress shop that carries a variety of styles and finding a salesperson who would be willing to help. at least you can try on some, and the staff might be helpful with making suggestions. I have done this and found it to be not as traumatic as one might think. Maybe you can find something you like there and skip the hassle of ordering online and having to return multiple items and wait for more to arrive.
M
“And the time came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.”
― Anaïs Nin
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

Max wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2024 10:22 amFriend, I saw the pictures and was hoping you would respond. From the pictures and your response above, I am assuming that the upper body of those dresses fit you well. Is that a correct assumption? Thank you for responding.
Yes, the bodices fit very well -- which isn't terribly surprising as I had to get my precise dimensions of my carcass at specified points, and that took assistance to get right.
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
Max

Post by Max »

Modoc wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2024 12:40 pm
I would suggest going to a dress shop that carries a variety of styles...
I have tried on various dresses. Dresses don't fit well across the chest and shoulders, if I can even get them on. EShakti makes dresses that are custom to an individual's measurements. I am hoping to get someone's input on this. If not, I will just have to take the plunge.

Again, thank you for your suggestion.