Trouser Skirt

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.
Coder
Member Extraordinaire

Trouser Skirt

Post by Coder »

It's not being sold for men, but saw this pop on my Instagram and I thought - hey - this could solve some issues for those here who need to be able to change from pants (erm, culottes) to a skirt in an instant:

https://www.vecona-vintage.com/en/Trous ... A/D-CSA-BR

This was the instagram post, video shows how they transform:

https://www.instagram.com/p/C1XWPj-oZg8/

(yes, expensive)

I'd actually buy one of these if they were cheaper - I like the look of the fabric, and would make bicycling possible though I could see the loose fabric getting caught on my chain.
Modoc
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Trouser Skirt

Post by Modoc »

I watched it a bunch of times, and it seems to me that it's never really a skirt but rather a bifurcated garment in which one side can be opened up to look like a skirt while one leg appears to remain separated by fabric. Maybe I am missing something In the video. I'm not knocking it, but I am just not convinced that it is what they claim it to be.
“And the time came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.”
― Anaïs Nin
Coder
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Coder »

Modoc wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2023 12:41 am I watched it a bunch of times, and it seems to me that it's never really a skirt but rather a bifurcated garment in which one side can be opened up to look like a skirt while one leg appears to remain separated by fabric. Maybe I am missing something In the video. I'm not knocking it, but I am just not convinced that it is what they claim it to be.
It’s basically a loooong skort. I’m pretty sure it’s the equivalent of adding a front flap to a pair of cullotes, one that can be moved around. As a kid I was always fascinated by with reversible clothing, and this sparks the same kind of interest.
denimini
Member Extraordinaire

Post by denimini »

It is cheaper to transform one's own mind to be comfortable with wearing skirts, perhaps not easier though. Fartoo long.
Perhaps not a long skort as I think that skort is a play on words between shorts and skirt.

Could be useful if one needed to unexpectedly jump on a horse when wearing a long skirt. A mini skirt would be OK in that situation.

I created an instagram account to view such things but it has been suspended for not revealing my true identity (which I won't). I don't know how they check on such things but it would seem invasive.
Anthony, a denim miniskirt wearer in Outback Australia
Coder
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Coder »

denimini wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2023 3:44 am I created an instagram account to view such things but it has been suspended for not revealing my true identity (which I won't). I don't know how they check on such things but it would seem invasive.
Strange - I know I gave Instagram fake info on myself. If they ask for a birthdate I tend to give a realistic date (ie, year between 1970 and 2000).