NDEs

Non-fashion, non-skirt, non-gender discussions. If your post is related to fashion, skirts or gender, please choose one of the forums above for it.
Stu
Member Extraordinaire

NDEs

Post by Stu »

I read an article in a quarterly periodical I take about Near Death Experiences (NDEs). As an atheist, I treat any such claims with a hefty dose of scepticism. I have no doubt that most of those claiming these experiences are sincere, but I would generally attribute their experiences to brain activity rather than any encounters with the supernatural or an after-life. Generally, these experiences accord with what the subject either already believes or expects, or has already experienced in their lives. I would dismiss 99% as such. However, 99% is not 100% and, having read the testimonies of a number of people, there is a minuscule gap about which I am prepared to keep an open mind.
Jim
Member Extraordinaire

Re: NDEs

Post by Jim »

They don't fit my theology either but are fascinating, and the reports of knowing what's happening while no detectable brain activity gives one cause to not completely dismiss them.
Fred in Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Re: NDEs

Post by Fred in Skirts »

While I personally have never experienced an NDE. I know someone who claims he did. I have known this person for over 40 years and have never know him to make things up. So I have to keep an open mind on the subject and do read about some of them from time to time. I find them very interesting.
"It is better to be hated for what you are than be loved for what you are not" Andre Gide: 1869 - 1951
Always be yourself because the people that matter don’t mind and the ones that mind don’t matter.