Male anatomy

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.
Hendy

Male anatomy

Post by Hendy »

I frequently wear skirts but I'm becoming more and more conscious of the unflattering fit around my male parts.

Clingy, shiny skirts definitely seem to make the situation worse and this limits my choice to denim or loose fitting A line skirts.

This must be a common issue with other people visiting this forum?
Modoc
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Male anatomy

Post by Modoc »

Assuming that your question is serious, I would suggest that you search online for ways to conceal the offending parts. I don't find that to be an issue because, for one, I don't wear tight skirts, and secondly, bumps, lumps, and bulges are part of human anatomy, and while I don't take any pride in revealing mine, I am also unashamed of whatever incidental level of revelation might occur.
“And the time came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.”
― Anaïs Nin
Barleymower
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Barleymower »

Well, my wife says my male 'bulge" looks nice in a skirt. I would not worry about it too much. Maybe wear loose fitting skirts?
We are not Ken dolls.
denimini
Member Extraordinaire

Post by denimini »

Have you ever seen men in bike shorts? They don't seem to worried although I think it is a bit "in your face" to my liking. I don't think any skirts could bulge like that because of the fact they don't have an inseam.
I wear some close fitting mini skirts and sometimes there is a bump but not enough to worry me or others. When I used to wear denim shorts I am sure that there was more of a bulge.
Many women have breasts that stick out and that is accepted by most people, if not enjoyed by many of the other sex. We are men and that is the nature of our anatomy. If we start wearing restrictive garments to prevent this then we lose one of the main benefits of skirts and I believe that skirts are more beneficial to the male anatomy because of the "freedom" offered.
Anthony, a denim miniskirt wearer in Outback Australia
Jim
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Jim »

I agree with denimini.

Women don't worry about their female anatomy making bulges. We guys shouldn't either. Be free.
Dust
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Dust »

Okay, a few points:

Anything with more texture, less shiny will help. Just like texture and/or a flat finish in wall and ceiling paint helps to hide imperfections in what's underneath. Patterned fabrics may help as well.

Intentional things in the construction of the skirt. A front fly (or even just a centered front seam) is the easiest one to explain, but I also have a skirt with some intentional bunching of the fabric that hides things well. There is another name for this, but I can't spell it.

A touch looser will go a long way. Women with perfect figures can wear anything, reveal everything, and look good doing it. The other 99.9% of the population can't. Avoid clingy stretch fabrics cut to fit snuggly. It just won't work.

You may also just need to find things that fit better. Women tend to have hips, men don't as much. Extra weight goes to different places. You get the idea. But different brands cut things differently, so try different things.
Uncle Al

Post by Uncle Al »

Another point to ponder is a basic instinct - Sex.

Men enjoy looking at female bust lines.
It provides a mental image of what they(men) want to see and touch.

Women consider the 'male bulge' in the same way, mental sex.

It's a natural experience.

The brain is the biggest sex organ humanity has.

Uncle Al
:mrgreen: :santa: :mrgreen:
Kilted Organist/Musician
Grand Musician of the Grand Lodge, I.O.O.F. of Texas 2008-2009, 2015-2016,
2018-202 ? (and the beat goes on ;) )
When asked 'Why the Kilt?'
I respond-The why is F.T.H.O.I. (For The H--- Of It)
Seb

Post by Seb »

As others said, I think its mostly a matter of being comfortable with showing bulges, some men feel ok in speedos or bike shorts(etc) and some don't and both should be ok. Myself I prefer garments that hide it, I feel more comfortable that way.
Not alone with a dream, Just a want to be free, With a need to belong,
I am a skirtsman
Freedom, Freedom, Freedom, Freedom
r.m.anderson
Member Extraordinaire

Post by r.m.anderson »

Consider wrap skirts with the front apron overlap.
Kilts come to mind in this area.
Pleats all around is another.
Caution about solid colors - - -
White pastel soft colors emphasize/reveal the male form outline.
Dark opaque colors tend to hide/camo it better.
Tartans geometric patterns break up distinct visual lines.
Still yet - - -
If you have a problem with this - you need to get over it.
I don't mean to discourage your skirting wearing -
But some of us at one time or another have had to overcome
this worry/fear of an exposure factor.
Family and community issues may not make this easier.
This especially around children.
"Why is that man wearing a skirt?"
Obviously there is a time and place for your introduction of
skirt wearing outside of the closet.
Getting burned at the stake is not the right way.
Gradually adding co-ordinated accessories that go with that
skirt (dress) to blend in if you have a knack for fashion sense.?

Good Luck - with your skirt outing !
"YES SKIRTING MATTERS"!
"Kilt-On" -or- as the case may be "Skirt-On" !
WHY ?
Isn't wearing a kilt enough?
Well a skirt will do in a pinch!
Make mine short and don't you dare think of pinching there !
Kirbstone
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Kirbstone »

They say that if you don't have an ear for music, don't try learning to play the violin....or any other non-fretted stringed instrument. Early on I discovered that I had no eye for a ball and try as I might and did, I scored zero points at all ball games. Enter boat-shoving, or competitive rowing.

As of about the 80s the 'one piece' in stretchy material appeared. These had the great advantage of being shorts and singlet combined with no gap opening up in the lumbar region as one crumpled up ready for the next stroke. Being tight fitting and pull-on they reveal the male anatomy , so the shorts part usually is dark in colour to minimise this, but any photo of successful rowers on the podium will leave one in no doubt about their gender.

The sporran was placed where it is, precisely to hide any bulge under kilts, but wearing no sporran, the choice of flared, pleated or looser skirts does the trick admirably. My choice in unbifurcated wear. I'm personally not into dresses as they look good on girls, period. Not on males.

Tom
Carpe Diem......Seize the Day !
Mouse
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Mouse »

Some skirts are designed to show off a women’s flat tummy. Of course the human body is different for all sexes and some women do not look good in these types of skirts in my humble opinion. But here is the rub, we should all be allowed to wear what we want, even if some others don’t think we look good in them. If the garment makes you feel good and you have the will to wear it then you should. Of course taking into account who you are meeting with and where……as we all have to judge our environment.
Daily, a happy man in a skirt...
jamodu
Member Extraordinaire

Post by jamodu »

If the OP insists on wearing tight ‘bodycon’ Skirts it’s inevitable that lumps and bumps will be obvious. There’s a huge variety of different Skirt types that will naturally drape over such issues, without the obvious bulge showing.

Even so, wearing Control Top Tights or Knickers with bodycon Skirts or Dresses is my suggested solution to minimising any concerns.
Fred in Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Fred in Skirts »

1. You are a man!
2. You wear skirts!
3. You have male parts that show!
4. You can't hide it all, so don't try!
5. You should just be happy and enjoy the skirts!

Simple isn't it!!!
"It is better to be hated for what you are than be loved for what you are not" Andre Gide: 1869 - 1951
Always be yourself because the people that matter don’t mind and the ones that mind don’t matter.
FLbreezy
Member Extraordinaire

Post by FLbreezy »

Some things that have helped me: a cotton slip (vs the thin silky stuff that does not help), skorts, pleats, kilt-ish design (wrap or apron), designs that flare away from the waist, heavier material, material with irregular patterns or dark colors.
happykilt

Post by happykilt »

A female wearing trousers looks different from a male wearing trousers, especially if they are close fit.
So, why couldn't a male wearing a skirt look different from a female?

It is a different story if you are trying to emulate the look of a female.