Male anatomy

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.
jamie001
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Male anatomy

Post by jamie001 »

crfriend wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2024 5:21 pm
jamie001 wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2024 4:53 pmAlso one of the issue is that most men do not want to see the bulge of other men highlighted in tight fitting clothing. I believe that crossdresses use duct tape to keep it under control.
This is the case because it's considered "tacky" for men "to advertise" in public. Men have more advanced methods than that. Sometimes women don't, and thus "go for the show".

Generally speaking we should retain some taste in our costume and adornment. Sometimes "too much information" is precisely that.

As far as duct tapes goes, I suspect that's Urban Legend. There are better ways to conceal things. Contemplate the removal thereof later in the evening.
This post makes sense. We don't need to provide TMI even though some women do. I am mush more attracted to a woman that is tastefully dressed and leaving things to the imagination rather than a woman that looks like she escaped from the Hollywood and Vine area. Men should do the same when wearing skirts or feminine clothing.
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

jamie001 wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2024 5:58 pmI am mush more attracted to a woman that is tastefully dressed and leaving things to the imagination rather than a woman that looks like she escaped from the Hollywood and Vine area. Men should do the same when wearing skirts or feminine clothing.
Men should do so irrespective of setting. Whither the notions of dignity and gravitas? Both of those can be had in either trousers or skirts.

If we're running around looking like tramps what are we likely to attract?
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
JohnH
Member Extraordinaire

Post by JohnH »

Yes, I have a male bulge as I'm a man. Unlike most men I have two noticeable bulges in the chest area (bra cup size DD with no filler). So nobody is likely to notice my male bulge. Tucking my.male junk? No.way, José.

John
Last edited by JohnH on Thu Feb 01, 2024 7:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jamie001
Member Extraordinaire

Post by jamie001 »

JohnH wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2024 11:15 pm Yes, I have a male bulge as I'm a man. Unlike must men I have two noticeable bulges in the chest area (bra cup size DD with no filler). So nobody is likely to notice my male bulge. Tucking my.male junk? No.way, José.

John
John,

I also have the noticeable bulges up top but not as noticeable as most women. I wear clothing that does not accentuate the bulge below otherwise I would be saying "please pass the duct tape", or is it dick tape LOL.
jamie001
Member Extraordinaire

Post by jamie001 »

crfriend wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2024 9:45 pm
jamie001 wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2024 5:58 pmI am mush more attracted to a woman that is tastefully dressed and leaving things to the imagination rather than a woman that looks like she escaped from the Hollywood and Vine area. Men should do the same when wearing skirts or feminine clothing.
Men should do so irrespective of setting. Whither the notions of dignity and gravitas? Both of those can be had in either trousers or skirts.

If we're running around looking like tramps what are we likely to attract?
Completely agree with this post! We should not be running around looking like Hoochie Mamas!
JohnH
Member Extraordinaire

Post by JohnH »

jamie001 wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2024 4:14 am
JohnH wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2024 11:15 pm Yes, I have a male bulge as I'm a man. Unlike must men I have two noticeable bulges in the chest area (bra cup size DD with no filler). So nobody is likely to notice my male bulge. Tucking my.male junk? No.way, José.

John
John,

I also have the noticeable bulges up top but not as noticeable as most women. I wear clothing that does not accentuate the bulge below otherwise I would be saying "please pass the duct tape", or is it dick tape LOL.
That's BAAAAD!!!
jordan

Post by jordan »

I wrote an article on this topic called Elephant in the Room: Skirts and the Male Bulge.

https://everybodyskirts.com/blogs/posts ... male-bulge

There were so many good ideas in this thread and I thought it would be fun to compile different perspectives.

I also categorized the different options for obscuring the bulge, ie. textiles, prints, tailoring, and accessories, with before + after pics.

Any feedback is appreciated!
Uncle Al

Post by Uncle Al »

Great advice :!:
Whether you choose to obscure the bulge or not,
have fun exploring the options! And don’t overthink it ;)
The emphasis is mine :!: This is what most people do - Over Think It :!:

If your outfit is coordinated, it will pass muster anywhere :!:

Uncle Al
:mrgreen: :ugeek: :mrgreen:
Kilted Organist/Musician
Grand Musician of the Grand Lodge, I.O.O.F. of Texas 2008-2009, 2015-2016,
2018-202 ? (and the beat goes on ;) )
When asked 'Why the Kilt?'
I respond-The why is F.T.H.O.I. (For The H--- Of It)
rode_kater
Member Extraordinaire

Post by rode_kater »

jordan wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 11:13 pm I wrote an article on this topic called Elephant in the Room: Skirts and the Male Bulge.

https://everybodyskirts.com/blogs/posts ... male-bulge
What an amazingly cool idea. I liked all the different photos, that's must have taken some effort to work it all out, well done.

The speedo thing is interesting, definitely cultural. Go to any swimming pool and you'll see that people come in all shapes and sizes. Men have bulges, women have bulges. I suspect most of your comments could apply to hiding typical female bulges too :)
denimini
Member Extraordinaire

Post by denimini »

Interesting article, although I think calling "it" and elephant is a bit of an overstatement.
Anthony, a denim miniskirt wearer in Outback Australia
jordan

Post by jordan »

What an amazingly cool idea. I liked all the different photos, that's must have taken some effort to work it all out, well done.
Thank you! Yeah, it did take a longer than expected, with all the photos. I really wanted to create some comparisons though, in case the difference wasn't obvious.
I suspect most of your comments could apply to hiding typical female bulges too :)
I think to a degree, yeah. Female bulges seem more normalized, though - maybe due to female bodies being more sexualized in most cultures.
jordan

Post by jordan »

Interesting article, although I think calling "it" and elephant is a bit of an overstatement.
Heh, agreed. I went with cheesy humour at the expense of exaggerating the issue.
KurtC

Post by KurtC »

Great debate. Personally I think less is more. I like the link to wearing skirts and bulges. I prefer pleated skirts and if wearing a lighter skirt I wear appropriate undergarments to smooth out the bulge. Looking at fashion runway photos of feminine menswear bulging is not popular. Same is true of woman's fashion not displaying large breast.

So it would also depend on how you are presenting when wearing the skirt. Still a guy in a skirt looks better than a guy in cargo shorts.