Male anatomy

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.
Fred in Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Male anatomy

Post by Fred in Skirts »

jamie001 wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 6:39 pm I am one that believes that if you are going to wear feminine fashion, bulging male parts need to be concealed!! Many women find the bulging male parts obscene and even my wife will call me out on this and tell me that I should not wear that!
Concealing those parts that are objectionable to women is one of the best roads to acceptance.
With that kind of thinking then as far as I am concerned if they don't want to see male bulges then female bulges should be hidden as well!!
How well do you think that would go over???
We are men we have some areas that bulge out, SO do women. I have seen women that have pants so tight you can see their neither regions clearly and blouses that for all intents and purposes might as well not be worn.
We either just stop wearing clothes or we stop trying to tell others what and how they should dress.
I am a man I was born a man and I have man parts if they bulge out then they bulge out period.

So you can tell the loud mouth feminist that they can put that in their pipes and smoke it!!
"It is better to be hated for what you are than be loved for what you are not" Andre Gide: 1869 - 1951
Always be yourself because the people that matter don’t mind and the ones that mind don’t matter.
happykilt

Post by happykilt »

jamie001 wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 6:39 pm I am one that believes that if you are going to wear feminine fashion, bulging male parts need to be concealed!! Many women find the bulging male parts obscene and even my wife will call me out on this and tell me that I should not wear that!

Concealing those parts that are objectionable to women is one of the best roads to acceptance.
I believe that wearing skirts and dresses does not necessarily be a synonym for wearing feminine fashion. And if you do not wear feminine clothing (or try to emulate a feminine outfit) there is no need to camouflage to a female. Men have different bodies, shapes and bulges and that's about what it is. and on that body, you don what you don.
Uncle Al

Post by Uncle Al »

Fred in Skirts wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 8:19 pm
jamie001 wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 6:39 pm<snip> Many women find the bulging male parts obscene. <snip>
We are men, we have some areas that bulge out, SO do women. I have seen women that have pants so tight
you can see their neither regions clearly and blouses that for all intents and purposes might as well not be worn.
The women who find male bulging parts obscene, must be from the Victorian Era of prudishness.
I over heard, several years ago, some women discussing a well built male at a conference.
I remember a phrase, or two, from that time - "I wonder how big his tool is"(or something to that effect).
"He really has a large awning over his tool shed." Women look and fantasize too, you know :!:

Men have no problems looking at, and admiring, female "bulges" so why would women have problems looking at,
and admiring, the male "bulge" :?:

Women have used their "bulges" to lure men into a relationship, and many men have used this concept towards women.
Remember that the best way to sell a car is to show it with a svelte, sexily dressed model standing next to it.
If you don't like this idea, I would not buy a car from you. The key is, Sex Sells Products :!:
Sexy thoughts release Dopamine into the pleasure areas of the brain, enhancing the person's desires.

So Jamie001, I don't know where you live but 95% of the rest of the world understand that this is a natural process
between the male and female of our species.

Uncle Al
:mrgreen: :ugeek: :mrgreen:
Kilted Organist/Musician
Grand Musician of the Grand Lodge, I.O.O.F. of Texas 2008-2009, 2015-2016,
2018-202 ? (and the beat goes on ;) )
When asked 'Why the Kilt?'
I respond-The why is F.T.H.O.I. (For The H--- Of It)
rivegauche
Member Extraordinaire

Post by rivegauche »

When asked, women deny ever looking at the male groin area. Perish the thought. When they are fitted with special goggles that show what they have been looking at ... guess what. Yup - attention on groin area. Just sayin'.
jamie001
Member Extraordinaire

Post by jamie001 »

I believe that most male clothing such as trousers, shorts, or sweat pants are tailored so that they do not accentuate the bulge.
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

How about "leggings" that are so tight that they reveal a woman's "personal grooming habits"? How's that sit with you?
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
Dust
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Dust »

crfriend wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2024 12:30 am How about "leggings" that are so tight that they reveal a woman's "personal grooming habits"? How's that sit with you?
Not directed at me, but I'll answer anyway: Nope. Not okay with that.

I'd say both men and women should be concealing certain things, to varying degrees, in public. Reasonable effort now. Not saying we should all be in sacks, just that some things should be left to the imagination.

Not sure we can or should try to draw a hard line, but an effort to be decent will likely help us gain more acceptance. And regardless of what you think should be okay, if you are worried about acceptance from society, employers, partners, or anyone else, you should probably aim to do better than the women in the leave-nothing-to-the-imagination outfits that are all too common. Hold yourself to a higher standard. People will notice, and in a good way.

That said, we have an insane double standard where men aren't supposed to show so much as their calves in many settings, and women can flaunt thighs, shoulders, cleavage, back, etc. in nearly any situation. And yes, it is getting better, but only slowly.

On the other hand, I've heard of women getting mad about kilts because, even though everything is not just covered but thoroughly concealed, it makes them think about the male anatomy... That's just insane. But feminism has women so spoiled that they think men must submit to their every demand, no matter how crazy. And they can't see the double standard, or simply don't care so long as it doesn't affect them personally in a negative way.
SkirtsDad
Member Extraordinaire

Post by SkirtsDad »

Nice to see a range of opinions. I agree with the idea that men should not need to hide what they have, and many these days don't. Just take a look at a gym, for example, or, as someone mentioned, swimming. I remember that Speedos generally went out of fashion in the UK, at least for the casual beach bathing swimmer. Are they back? I have no idea. Anyway back to my point, at the end of the day, I think it comes down to personal preference. I am really not into accentuating what I have, whether in a bodycon dress (or skirt), pole shorts or skin tight yoga leggings. To keep bulges to a minimum in these situations I ensure that I have well fitting sports type (high lycra) underwear. This also serves the purpose of keeping everything in place if going high impact movements. Plus, for me, I find them really comfortable, so an all round win, I'd say.
Faldaguy
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Faldaguy »

Your preconditioning phrase defies everything this site is all about: We are not wearing "feminine" fashion -- that is the fundamental misnomer. Following your logic, men not wearing so-called feminine clothing (pink shirts?) need NOT conceal anything -- equally absurd.

People come in two basic forms, and pretty much all have natural elements that do not follow flat planes -- 'tis pretty hard to be straight in this world! Sorry, but the absurdity that any of us need to hide our biological structure is ludicrous-- perhaps we should not have been given eyes!

As to the sexual element -- that is inherent biological imperative -- carry this nonsense a bit further and you'll not only achieve zero population growth, but rid the planet of homo sapiens!

Clothing has two primary criteria -- protection from the elements; and decoration. I will grant that different shapes in a similar garments create images that may appeal more or less to your personal perspectives --- as they say, beauty/art is in the eye of the beholder. But it is long past time to throw the judgment hammer away when it comes to clothing, or lack there of, for that matter.
jamie001
Member Extraordinaire

Post by jamie001 »

Also one of the issue is that most men do not want to see the bulge of other men highlighted in tight fitting clothing. I believe that crossdresses use duct tape to keep it under control.
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

jamie001 wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2024 4:53 pmAlso one of the issue is that most men do not want to see the bulge of other men highlighted in tight fitting clothing. I believe that crossdresses use duct tape to keep it under control.
This is the case because it's considered "tacky" for men "to advertise" in public. Men have more advanced methods than that. Sometimes women don't, and thus "go for the show".

Generally speaking we should retain some taste in our costume and adornment. Sometimes "too much information" is precisely that.

As far as duct tapes goes, I suspect that's Urban Legend. There are better ways to conceal things. Contemplate the removal thereof later in the evening.
pelmut
Member Extraordinaire

Post by pelmut »

crfriend wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2024 5:21 pm [[...]
As far as duct tapes goes, I suspect that's Urban Legend. There are better ways to conceal things. Contemplate the removal thereof later in the evening.
Does the 'thereof' refer to the duct tape or to the things?  If the latter, please do not give details.
There is no such thing as a normal person, only someone you don't know very well yet.
Bertino56
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Bertino56 »

Male ballet dancers have something called a "dance belt."
Think industrial-strength jock strap.
40-some years ago, curiosity grabbed me, and I tried one on.
For about 10 minutes. That was more than enough.
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

pelmut wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2024 5:57 pmDoes the 'thereof' refer to the duct tape or to the things?  If the latter, please do not give details.
Oh my word! It's not often I read something that keeps getting funnier with time, but that response clearly did. What started as a chuckle got to full-blown laughter over a couple of minutes, and I suspect my sides may still be hurting come morning. BRILLIANT!
GothScot

Post by GothScot »

I do try to go for a flat front, but I'm likely in the minority.
Opaque tights tend to keep everything, erm, "level" for me.