Male anatomy

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.
Midas
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Male anatomy

Post by Midas »

I can’t say I’ve ever had a problem with this. Probably because I don’t wear skirts or dresses that are tight enough to restrict my movement. It’s more of an issue with trousers.
pelmut
Member Extraordinaire

Post by pelmut »

If you really want to hide it, look up "tucking" on any transgender web forum.
There is no such thing as a normal person, only someone you don't know very well yet.
rivegauche
Member Extraordinaire

Post by rivegauche »

I think this problem is a bit over-stated. As long as you avoid situations where "the problem might get bigger" (or keep these private!) there need only be an issue if you insist on wearing tight clothes. You then either live with the bulge or do something to conceal it. Apparently some cross-dressers "tuck" which sounds extremely painful to me or you can buy a cache-sex. Personally I just fold it underneath and wear full (women's) briefs and avoid clingy skirts and dresses. Sorry - I know we are not supposed to discuss underwear but the topic is a bit difficult to avoid here.
denimini
Member Extraordinaire

Post by denimini »

pelmut wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2023 6:26 pm If you really want to hide it, look up "tucking" on any transgender web forum.
I think that going back to pants would be more comfortable than that, assuming that comfort was one of the reasons for men wearing skirts.

This concern it is making a mountain out of a mole hill :)
Anthony, a denim miniskirt wearer in Outback Australia
KiltedBigWave
Distinguished Member

Post by KiltedBigWave »

I do not see the issue, men wear tight pants and shorts all the time, the bump is part of who we are. I tend to wear short pleated skirts and kilts and really do not have the problem.
"Look at Scottish guys wearing kilts - you could look at them and laugh, but the way they carry themselves, how can you? You can wear some of the weirdest things and be cool. If you believe in it, that's what makes it cool."
Myopic Bookworm
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Myopic Bookworm »

happykilt wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2023 5:01 pm A female wearing trousers looks different from a male wearing trousers, especially if they are close fit.
So, why couldn't a male wearing a skirt look different from a female?
That strikes me as a very good comment on the topic.
r.m.anderson
Member Extraordinaire

Post by r.m.anderson »

happykilt wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2023 5:01 pm A female wearing trousers looks different from a male wearing trousers, especially if they are close fit.
So, why couldn't a male wearing a skirt look different from a female?

It is a different story if you are trying to emulate the look of a female.
And well they should the clothing on the other side of the aisle is cultured TAILORed to fit wider hips - narrower waist lines and
shorter inseams and further the height factor is usually hem shortened.
Then the tightness factor kicks in - form fitting stretchable fabrics that hug the shape of the body.
Consider the placement of of the waist with zippers front side even in the back and maybe two imitating sailor gear.
Lacking these the pure and simple pull-on skirts and those ugh bifurcated pants/shorts.
The savings of those few inches of fabric can mean another skirt made out of that bolt yard of material.

Granted one does not want to make an exposition/exposure of the male form but certain types of clothing leave no choice i.e. Speedos -
bike pants - compression running gear - then again this is not ordinary street wear either. Dedicated athletic functions ?
The same is or would be true for female athletes.

I concur making a mountain out of a molehill - - - if afraid of that ridicule about one's tight fitting clothing hinting of being a male and you
can't stand that exposure/ridicule then maybe one should consider another clothing choice or cover.
"YES SKIRTING MATTERS"!
"Kilt-On" -or- as the case may be "Skirt-On" !
WHY ?
Isn't wearing a kilt enough?
Well a skirt will do in a pinch!
Make mine short and don't you dare think of pinching there !
Tazzmac

Post by Tazzmac »

G'day ...I'm 63.. I am a few kilos overweight too... I can get away with standard mens kilts because the sash tends to hold an unflattering tummy in..Helps actually... No good in a skirt until now ... I have had two of these female mini kilts for a fair while Probably five years,,
The other day while we were copping a massive deluge I decided to modify one pre owned kilt by switching the straps over to the right and move the Sport Kilt logo down a bit so the kilt belt I must wear doesn't hide it .. Pretty happy with the result...fun to wear..
IMG_20240109_065205.jpg
Like to know what you think ...too over the top or not ..
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Modoc
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Modoc »

Tazzmac wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2024 9:36 pm
Like to know what you think ...too over the top or not ..
G'Day back to you Tazzmac. The outfit in the picture is fine, I'm a bit envious because it's cover-up time in my part of the world.
“And the time came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.”
― Anaïs Nin
Epantsimated

Post by Epantsimated »

Boy parts are a fact of anatomy -- it's true of course -- but I can understand men having varying levels of comfort with degrees of conspicuousness of their boy parts. For example, the same man who would not be comfortable in biker shorts might wear sleek contour-exposing dress trousers with ease.

I've thought about this in my skirt-making. While I do come down on the side of "we're boys, we have boy parts, and it's okay if you notice them," at the same time I appreciate subtlety. On the front panel of most of my skirts, I place two knife pleats facing outward (away from each other). This provides a little extra space for boy parts, kind of accentuating and concealing at the same time -- if that makes sense. (Obviously no zipper in the front. And not feasible on kilts.) Maybe if I can get with the technology I will try to post a picture.
Jim
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Jim »

Epantsimated wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2024 2:34 am Maybe if I can get with the technology I will try to post a picture.
I'd like to see the pictures.
Dust
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Dust »

Epantsimated wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2024 2:34 am On the front panel of most of my skirts, I place two knife pleats facing outward (away from each other). This provides a little extra space for boy parts, kind of accentuating and concealing at the same time -- if that makes sense. (Obviously no zipper in the front. And not feasible on kilts.)
This actually sounds like the design of most of the Utilikilts I have. They have pleats most of the way around with only a small overlapping front panel with extra pleats behind them, and a bunch of snaps holding them together and outward facing pleats to either side.
skirtyscot
Member Extraordinaire

Post by skirtyscot »

I find that any reasonably heavy fabric hides the male bulge well enough. Here is a page from my pictures thread viewtopic.php?t=19498&start=285 with three skirts which I wear to the office, not a place for showing off one's bulge. The stripey and the red are straight, the grey one is more a pencil skirt. Each of them is cut to allow for the female posterior, so on me there is enough slack that they aren't tight or revealing at the front. The 80D tights help, of course.

The grey one at the foot of the page is today's outfit. 14 months of wearing skirts to the office, it's beginning to look like it's allowed!
Keep on skirting,

Alastair
new2skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Post by new2skirts »

skirtyscot wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2024 8:42 pm I find that any reasonably heavy fabric hides the male bulge well enough. Here is a page from my pictures thread viewtopic.php?t=19498&start=285 with three skirts which I wear to the office, not a place for showing off one's bulge. The stripey and the red are straight, the grey one is more a pencil skirt. Each of them is cut to allow for the female posterior, so on me there is enough slack that they aren't tight or revealing at the front. The 80D tights help, of course.

The grey one at the foot of the page is today's outfit. 14 months of wearing skirts to the office, it's beginning to look like it's allowed!
I do love that tweed one, I think thicker skirt materials certainly help along with good underwear, so long as it's comfy and practical for the working day :oops: :wink:
Formerly Kilty / Joe Public etc...
jamie001
Member Extraordinaire

Post by jamie001 »

I am one that believes that if you are going to wear feminine fashion, bulging male parts need to be concealed!! Many women find the bulging male parts obscene and even my wife will call me out on this and tell me that I should not wear that!

Concealing those parts that are objectionable to women is one of the best roads to acceptance.