Level of Freedom

Non-fashion, non-skirt, non-gender discussions. If your post is related to fashion, skirts or gender, please choose one of the forums above for it.
Uncle Al

Level of Freedom

Post by Uncle Al »

Whether it's your choice of clothing, job or anything,
When you truely don't care JPG 2023-12-14.jpg
So keep being YOU :!:

Uncle Al
:mrgreen: :santa: :mrgreen:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Kilted Organist/Musician
Grand Musician of the Grand Lodge, I.O.O.F. of Texas 2008-2009, 2015-2016,
2018-202 ? (and the beat goes on ;) )
When asked 'Why the Kilt?'
I respond-The why is F.T.H.O.I. (For The H--- Of It)
JohnH
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Level of Freedom

Post by JohnH »

I am my own self. I have been on estrogen for over 12 years and developed a feminine appearance. Do I try to sound like a woman when I talk? Not only no, but HELL NO!
There's a choir anthem my choir has where the second bass part, which I sing, goes down to C2, two ledger lines below the bass staff. I have been practicing going down to that pitch and even below, just the opposite of trying to achieve a feminine speaking voice.
So here I am, wearing a dress, having long hair and a bust, and singing deep second bass at choir practice.

SO FREEDOM IS WHERE IT'S AT!

John
KiltedBigWave
Distinguished Member

Post by KiltedBigWave »

so true, thanks for sharing
"Look at Scottish guys wearing kilts - you could look at them and laugh, but the way they carry themselves, how can you? You can wear some of the weirdest things and be cool. If you believe in it, that's what makes it cool."
Fred in Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Fred in Skirts »

Being free is only part of it you have to be able to maintain that freedom!! And the only way to do that is by practicing it daily. Go forth and let the world know you are a freeman and can do and dress as you please as long as it harms no-one!
"It is better to be hated for what you are than be loved for what you are not" Andre Gide: 1869 - 1951
Always be yourself because the people that matter don’t mind and the ones that mind don’t matter.
denimini
Member Extraordinaire

Post by denimini »

I had to learn not to care about what others might think so I could wear skirts in public. Now I have achieved this I find it very liberating in all aspects of life.
Anthony, a denim miniskirt wearer in Outback Australia
Mouse
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Mouse »

Since Covid I have worn skirts for all parts of my life and my happiness at doing this has been noticed by all that are close to me. This in turn has widened acceptance for my style with those around me. Of course I am fortunate that I work for my own company, but I still have to meet new clients and turn up on building sites to organise work. The secret for me is to match my attire to where I am going and who I am meeting. So a number of utility kilts are my main wardrobe for work, although today I am in central London working in a Skirtcraft skirt! You may call me out for saying that I am not totally free since I am limiting myself for work, but I am happy in my wardrobe for the first time in my life and for me this is my happy level of freedom. The rest of my life is more free but the sorting out the work bit has meant that Monday is just another day, in some form of skirt.
Daily, a happy man in a skirt...
Barleymower
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Barleymower »

Mouse wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2023 12:00 pm Since Covid I have worn skirts for all parts of my life and my happiness at doing this has been noticed by all that are close to me. This in turn has widened acceptance for my style with those around me. Of course I am fortunate that I work for my own company, but I still have to meet new clients and turn up on building sites to organise work. The secret for me is to match my attire to where I am going and who I am meeting. So a number of utility kilts are my main wardrobe for work, although today I am in central London working in a Skirtcraft skirt! You may call me out for saying that I am not totally free since I am limiting myself for work, but I am happy in my wardrobe for the first time in my life and for me this is my happy level of freedom. The rest of my life is more free but the sorting out the work bit has meant that Monday is just another day, in some form of skirt.
Well done mouse. I well know the feeling of being more settled rather than the nawing discomfort of watching others wear what they want. Enough of that talk from me.
I also work on building sites but I have to wear ppe along of the time ie if I'm on site then ppe must be worn: lace up boots with steel mid sole and ankle protection, long reflective trousers, reflective top, glasses, helmet and gloves. In the site offices I wear whatever I want but I would not go in a skirt. No way.
Mouse
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Mouse »

Thanks BM. I know I have an easier run, since I am my own boss. I do have proper JCB work boots and Hivis and helmet, which I wear with my util kilt when required. However due to the nature of my work, I am always on site advising how things are going to work or installing hitech kit or programming. Since I am old and have a long white beard with a black bush hat, I create my own space as a wacky tech guy. I often get the nickname professor or the best was lighting Gandalf when I was doing a computer controlled lighting job in central London. This gives me the space to be freer in my dressing. Whether I will ever get to a skirt skirt on a building site, I am not sure. I am happy to be getting away with what I have.
Barleymower
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Barleymower »

The Lighting Gandalf is a little bit funny! The guys on sites say these things and when the joke is on us we we have to take it or be the miserable one who can't take a joke.
When the jokes on me and they remind me, I generally say "I don't remember that", look solemn with a wry smile.
Doesn't Lighting work involve the use of ladders?
Mouse
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Mouse »

Ladders...? Yes, I just go up them. I am covered if someone wants to look. I guess I am not totally free, but I am happy.
Coder
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Coder »

Mouse wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2023 12:40 pm Thanks BM. I know I have an easier run, since I am my own boss. I do have proper JCB work boots and Hivis and helmet, which I wear with my util kilt when required. However due to the nature of my work, I am always on site advising how things are going to work or installing hitech kit or programming. Since I am old and have a long white beard with a black bush hat, I create my own space as a wacky tech guy. I often get the nickname professor or the best was lighting Gandalf when I was doing a computer controlled lighting job in central London. This gives me the space to be freer in my dressing. Whether I will ever get to a skirt skirt on a building site, I am not sure. I am happy to be getting away with what I have.
That's a great nickname - lighting Gandalf of course - would give you wide berth around halloween time for hijinks.

Also - and the realization came to me after an article was posted here and the ensuing discussion - but we aren't "getting away" with anything. Perhaps "privileged to work in a kind / understanding" community, maybe "blessed" to be able to wear what we like. I've tried to eliminate "getting away" from my lexicon as that kind of thinking puts kilting/skirting in a negative light.
Mouse
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Mouse »

You are totally correct Coder. I would never want to put skirting/kilting in a negative light.
I just have to pinch my self sometimes that I have moved from dressing in private/secret when no one was around to being ME, in the middle of a London street being free to wear what makes me happy. It is hard to express in words the feelings I have....
Coder
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Coder »

Mouse wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2023 11:39 pm You are totally correct Coder. I would never want to put skirting/kilting in a negative light.
I just have to pinch my self sometimes that I have moved from dressing in private/secret when no one was around to being ME, in the middle of a London street being free to wear what makes me happy. It is hard to express in words the feelings I have....
Yes! This is *not* a dream, though sometimes it feels surreal.