A case of mistaken skirting - pays to read comments

Clippings from news sources involving fashion freedom and other gender equality issues.
Grok
Member Extraordinaire

Re: A case of mistaken skirting - pays to read comments

Post by Grok »

Coder wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2023 10:18 pm
The handbag was certainly a thing - but designer/luxury handbags have been gaining popularity with men I've read. Could just be a reflection on that like pearl necklaces were a thing briefly (or are they still a thing???).
Perhaps items such as these will eventually gain traction. But like MIS, these seem to be thin on the ground now.

Occurred to me that, like skirted rigs, other modes of personal expression are in a early experimental phase. Perhaps a few experiments will lead to long term change, while others may not.
denimini
Member Extraordinaire

Post by denimini »

I suspect that there have been cases of mistaken shorting when strangers see me in a mini skirt.
Anthony, a denim miniskirt wearer in Outback Australia
Ozdelights
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Ozdelights »

I'm sure that some people have seen me outside the house and mistakenly assumed shorts.
victor1964
Member Extraordinaire

Post by victor1964 »

Coder wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2023 10:18 pm
Barleymower wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2023 9:55 pm Aside note. Dior handbag? Not many of the skirts I own have pockets and when they do they are shallow and I don't trust them. Consequently I carry my wallet and keep losing it around the house. I either need some kind of wallet holder or a handbag but I would probably lose that too.
The handbag was certainly a thing - but designer/luxury handbags have been gaining popularity with men I've read. Could just be a reflection on that like pearl necklaces were a thing briefly (or are they still a thing???).
I bought a handbag a few weeks ago to carry all my stuff, took a while to get used to it but now I love it. Holds everything I need and more, a handy pocket on the side that I can fit a bottle of water/Pepsi in. Only £10 from Amazon! I did cut the short handles off as I didn't like them as they just got in the way. I use it every day skirted or trousered.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Barleymower
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Barleymower »

I use a canvas bag all the time.
Screenshot_20240424_203227_DuckDuckGo.jpg
Not quite right but similar
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Dust
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Dust »

I had a friend from church over the other day to help with some yardwork. He was carrying a small bag cross body bag. It was canvas in some military-like color either khaki or olive (I forget which), and had a more vertical orientation with one strap off the top and the other off the side.

Near the end, I asked him about it, and he said he had taken to carrying his stuff in jacket pockets during the winter, but needed something else for the summer. He was in men's jeans, so he had pockets, but I didn't ask if he carried too much stuff, if he was just getting away from the wallet in the back pocket thing to save his back, or what.

Of course, I was in an old worn out Utilikilt for working outside and had no issues with pocket space for the basics. But it was interesting to see one of my conservative male friends carrying what was arguably a purse. I'm used to seeing him in a suit for church where he doesn't carry a bag.