GQ: Lil Nas X is the supreme leader of guys who wear skirts

Clippings from news sources involving fashion freedom and other gender equality issues.
Coder
Member Extraordinaire

GQ: Lil Nas X is the supreme leader of guys who wear skirts

Post by Coder »

https://www.gq-magazine.co.uk/article/l ... coach-2023

Hey guys - when was the vote for supreme leader? I don't recall being notified :P

I like that he went with a longer skirt - unambiguously skirt (that is, no kilt/skort confusion) and managed to match the top. Not a big fan of cropped clothes, but I guess if you have it you can flaunt it.
Modoc
Member Extraordinaire

Re: GQ: Lil Nas X is the supreme leader of guys who wear skirts

Post by Modoc »

I don't know much about Lil Nas but I do remember him taking a lot of flack from the rap community a while back for wearing his skirted outfits. This group in particular has focused on macho imageing and a lot of players sought to discredit him for his choices. As in most cases their objections probably only helped to raise his profile. Which seems to be what most entertainers live for.
I think about the sagging pants that pretty much gut promoted to the world on the rap stage and and found it amazing that the trend became as widespread as it did.
“And the time came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.”
― Anaïs Nin
STEVIE
Member Extraordinaire

Post by STEVIE »

Oh dear, Kim Jong Un is going to have to wear a skirt now, maybe he already does?
Just a bit of hype, but in 70 years or so he might be known as the guy who made MIS popular.
The Korean dude that is, not the Hollywood person.
Steve
jamie001
Member Extraordinaire

Post by jamie001 »

Lil Nas is awesome and is an inspiration!