Partners

Discuss recent changes, make suggestions, etc.
STEVIE
Member Extraordinaire

Partners

Post by STEVIE »

This is a suggestion which arises from some talk in the Mass Meet Thread and I wonder if our Mod team would give it consideration?
Would it be possible for a "Partners/Significant Others" category to be added to the board?
We know that a fair degree of our members have partners who vary widely in their attitudes toward MIS and maybe it would help if they could share experiences and feelings in a space away from the main forum.
I will say, that for my own purposes, that boat sailed long ago, but I do believe there could be benefits for many guys.
Steve.
crfriend
Master Barista

Re: Partners

Post by crfriend »

STEVIE wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2023 7:50 pmWould it be possible for a "Partners/Significant Others" category to be added to the board?
In this world, most anything is possible -- even bad ideas. However, I don't think this is necessarily a bad idea -- quite the opposite, really, as it's a common problem. I'll have a chat with the team to see if we can reach a consensus.
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
TonautBrom

Post by TonautBrom »

I would like this. I haven’t broached my skirt wearing with my wife yet - I’m thinking I could raise it next summer when the weather is hot. It would be interesting to hear the thoughts of other women on the topic to help frame my approach.
STEVIE
Member Extraordinaire

Post by STEVIE »

crfriend wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2023 8:18 pm
STEVIE wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2023 7:50 pmWould it be possible for a "Partners/Significant Others" category to be added to the board?
In this world, most anything is possible -- even bad ideas. However, I don't think this is necessarily a bad idea -- quite the opposite, really, as it's a common problem. I'll have a chat with the team to see if we can reach a consensus.
Thanks Carl, I don't think we can ask for more than that.
Steve.
r.m.anderson
Member Extraordinaire

Post by r.m.anderson »

crfriend - Sent PM - did you receive it -or- did the great internet void swallow it in a black hole ?
"YES SKIRTING MATTERS"!
"Kilt-On" -or- as the case may be "Skirt-On" !
WHY ?
Isn't wearing a kilt enough?
Well a skirt will do in a pinch!
Make mine short and don't you dare think of pinching there !
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

r.m.anderson wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2023 3:29 pmcrfriend - Sent PM - did you receive it -or- did the great internet void swallow it in a black hole ?
Hmm... I never saw it -- and it's not because my in-box was full.
Uncle Al

Post by Uncle Al »

Carl,

I, too, have sent you 4-5 PM's via Skirt Cafe' messaging and had no response from you.
60% of those PM's were about Cafe' matters, supplies and such.
What Gives :?:

Uncle Al
:mrgreen: :santa: :mrgreen:
Kilted Organist/Musician
Grand Musician of the Grand Lodge, I.O.O.F. of Texas 2008-2009, 2015-2016,
2018-202 ? (and the beat goes on ;) )
When asked 'Why the Kilt?'
I respond-The why is F.T.H.O.I. (For The H--- Of It)
STEVIE
Member Extraordinaire

Post by STEVIE »

Good Morning All.
Now I feel moved to request further consideration for a "Partners' Section"
The fact that 50% of the last meeting was made up of significant others surely provides compelling evidence for a try to be worthwhile.
Over to the Mods and members now.
Steve.
Barleymower
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Barleymower »

STEVIE wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2024 7:52 am Good Morning All.
Now I feel moved to request further consideration for a "Partners' Section"
The fact that 50% of the last meeting was made up of significant others surely provides compelling evidence for a try to be worthwhile.
Over to the Mods and members now.
Steve.
Quite right Stevie.
Bee Guy

Post by Bee Guy »

Thanks for considering! I don't know that my wife would ever participate, but it sure would be nice if it were available. I think she would be more interested in what other wives/girlfriends think than a bunch of guys who are all in favor of skirt wearing.
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

It has come to pass. The new section is in place under "People" and should be visible to all members in good standing. I wanted to protect this, at least initially, from the prying "eyes" of web-crawlers and bots, but everyone really ought to be able to access, read, and post to it. If that's not the case, please fel free to lean on the Barista!
STEVIE
Member Extraordinaire

Post by STEVIE »

Thanks Carl.
Steve
STEVIE
Member Extraordinaire

Post by STEVIE »

Thanks to the Mods' work, we now have a dedicated board.
Now nobody seems to wish to use it after a few declarations of support too.
There are two sides, the trouble with partners is very well known around here, but I am also aware that there are actual partners here too.
Yes, we know there are some who are wholly supportive, yet I suspect that wasn't achieved without a degree of effort
There is a safe space to use and perhaps the shared information can help others too.
Think on!
Steve.
Bee Guy

Post by Bee Guy »

crfriend wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 1:29 am It has come to pass. The new section is in place under "People" and should be visible to all members in good standing. I wanted to protect this, at least initially, from the prying "eyes" of web-crawlers and bots, but everyone really ought to be able to access, read, and post to it. If that's not the case, please fel free to lean on the Barista!
Thanks, Carl!

Ed
Kirbstone
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Kirbstone »

As a life-long rower I have grown used to not 'rocking the boat'... on the 'partner' front. My situation is that although I actually did my skirting well away from MOH, she found 'evidence' in the form of skirts &c left where she could find and dispose of them as she strongly disapproved. This has not changed over the years, nor likely to.
Our togetherness is well into its 56th year, with numerous descendants around, so my skirting continues and remains strictly my domain, never in MOH's company or that of progeny/descendants. Great care is taken to hide 'evidence', hence only a small store/selection is kept available, so frequent skirted fashion parades are quite out of the question for me, now into my 80s and I am thankful that a few opportunities do still present and MOH is unaware, so the 'boat' sails on steadily.

Tom
Carpe Diem......Seize the Day !