Hello from Cambridge/London UK

If you're new to the Cafe, please grab a seat by the potted palm, settle down with a nice big latte, and tell us a little bit about yourself. Please also look here for forum principles and rules.
Mouse
Member Extraordinaire

Hello from Cambridge/London UK

Post by Mouse »

Hello all, I have been a member for some time but until Friday I had not taken part in the comunity. Friday I found myself in a cafe in London with eight other chaps in skirts. I really enjoyed meeting and chatting with people who have similar experiences to me. After crashing the gathering on Friday, it seems fair to finally introduce my self and say hello.

I have been dressing in skirts since I was a young boy. For the vast majority of my life, this was always a private/secret part of my life. The only person in the world who knew about this part of me was my wife. Before we married I did tell her about this other me, but I am not sure she understood the depth of the secret me.

This all started to change when I hit 50. I think I decided to pay slightly less attention to what others thought of me and to live more for me. Over the last 10 years the following things happened roughly in this order:-

I got my ears pierced and streched to 10mm.
Bought a Denim Utilikilt and started to wear it out in public.
Stated to wear my kilt to family events.
Bought my favourite tall Timberland boots from a shop!!! (I am lucky that my feet are 8 - 9 so I get to choose from both sides of the shop).
Took a weeks holiday in Brighton with my wife wearing my Utilikilt the whole time.
Took my wife to Chelsea flower show in Utilikilt and Timberland boots.
Bought more kilts and boots.
Got my tongue and septum pierced.
Supported Skirtcraft kickstarter and got two skirts. (Unisex skirt allowed entry to standard skirts)
Made my first latex clothes. Circle skirt, leotard and stockings.
Went to Chelsea in camouflage kilt and wedge heels with wife.
Took out tongue stud and got tongue split instead.
Covid - Skirts worn all the time. Made two kilts and a skirt on my sewing machine.
Went to a fetish market in my full latex set with DM 4" heel boots
Post Covid I decided that it was time to wear skirts to work. (I should explain that as I work for my own company, this was much easier for me to do than many others.)
Stated painting my nails.
Second set of ear piercings.

So I am now 60 and very happy wearing skirts all of the time. I tone down my look with kilts and flats boots for work, but my basic style is the same. The two versions of me are now one and I am very happy. I have an amazing family who have accepted the current me and I know I am very fortunate from the chats I had with a few members on Friday night.

I live in Cambridge and work mainly in London. I ride the tube quite a bit and since I started wearing a skirt, have found people will start conversations with me. My work takes me on building sites and I get the normal Scottish jokes, but always in good humour.

I apologise for not introducing myself before now, but this is me now. The Mouse name was my nick name my Father used for me, when he was alive.

Many thanks to all for this site and the community. The welcome on Friday was also very special. Many Thanks
Daily, a happy man in a skirt...
Uncle Al

Re: Hello from Cambridge/London UK

Post by Uncle Al »

:welcome:
Glad you had a grand time with the gang at the bookstore :D

Uncle Al
:mrgreen: :ugeek: :mrgreen:
Kilted Organist/Musician
Grand Musician of the Grand Lodge, I.O.O.F. of Texas 2008-2009, 2015-2016,
2018-202 ? (and the beat goes on ;) )
When asked 'Why the Kilt?'
I respond-The why is F.T.H.O.I. (For The H--- Of It)
KiltedBigWave
Distinguished Member

Post by KiltedBigWave »

Welcome, sounds like you have been quite bust.
"Look at Scottish guys wearing kilts - you could look at them and laugh, but the way they carry themselves, how can you? You can wear some of the weirdest things and be cool. If you believe in it, that's what makes it cool."
victor1964
Member Extraordinaire

Post by victor1964 »

Welcome Mouse, was a pleasure to meet you last Friday.

Quite a journey you've had, don't think I could ever do latex lol :lol:

Tony
Barleymower
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Barleymower »

Hi mouse it was great to meet you and all the guys in Waterstones on Friday.
Reading your story, my eyes did widen when you went to the fetish market in full latex and DM boots - good for you!
Faldaguy
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Faldaguy »

Sounds like a heck of a journey and a lot of integration this past decade -- good on you. What a delightful "introduction" meeting with 8 other members in a public venue -- nothing better for 'normalizing' MIS. Keep posting, we all gain from the insights, observations and experience of one another.

Faldaguy, Costa Rica
andrewsh

Post by andrewsh »

Mouse wrote: Sun Nov 26, 2023 8:26 pmI live in Cambridge and work mainly in London. I ride the tube quite a bit and since I started wearing a skirt, have found people will start conversations with me.
Oh hi 👋

I go to Cambridge about two-three times a year. I’ll be happy to meet the next time I’m around 🙂
Mouse
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Mouse »

Hi Andrewsh, I would be happy to meet up when ever you are next in Cambridge.
Daily, a happy man in a skirt...