ASOS genderless skirts

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.
Andy_G

ASOS genderless skirts

Post by Andy_G »

ASOS have a few items in that are marketed as genderless, such as this:

https://www.asos.com/reclaimed-vintage/ ... &gclsrc=ds

I quite like it, and went ahead and ordered :D
KiltedBigWave
Distinguished Member

Re: ASOS genderless skirts

Post by KiltedBigWave »

It might be a little long for my taste, but I personally like the skirt, it looks comfortable.
"Look at Scottish guys wearing kilts - you could look at them and laugh, but the way they carry themselves, how can you? You can wear some of the weirdest things and be cool. If you believe in it, that's what makes it cool."
dressedbrewer

Post by dressedbrewer »

Doesn't look like a bad skirt, could see myself wearing it.
However, whatever attempt they have to go genderless, why not have universal measurements, cm or inches, or both? Having female sizing is not a good sign imho
r.m.anderson
Member Extraordinaire

Post by r.m.anderson »

Yeck - some kind of floor duster - mud soaking rag - sure to cause trips and falls ascending/descending stairs/steps pitfalls.
"YES SKIRTING MATTERS"!
"Kilt-On" -or- as the case may be "Skirt-On" !
WHY ?
Isn't wearing a kilt enough?
Well a skirt will do in a pinch!
Make mine short and don't you dare think of pinching there !
Faldaguy
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Faldaguy »

r.m.anderson wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2023 5:08 am Yeck - some kind of floor duster - mud soaking rag - sure to cause trips and falls ascending/descending stairs/steps pitfalls.

Hey there RM -- it ain't that hard to learn to lift your long skirt! I can't say I much care for the fabric, but this past week back in the Pacific NW -- I've been grabbing my longer, and lined skirts as first choice -- my acclimation needs that extra fabric right now! I do concur a few inches above the floor is helpful -- but let's not knock any efforts to put men in skirts! :D
greenboots
Member Extraordinaire

Post by greenboots »

There are lots of other skirts on ASOS that could easily be worn by men without seeming too feminine.
stephanie53

Post by stephanie53 »

it's on it's way. expected delivery 11/22
Lower_limb_liberty

Post by Lower_limb_liberty »

I've ordered too, along with a couple of others. There's a good looking kilted skirt in fake leather that wouldn't look overly feminine 😁
KiltedBigWave
Distinguished Member

Post by KiltedBigWave »

Lower_limb_liberty wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2023 4:13 pm I've ordered too, along with a couple of others. There's a good looking kilted skirt in fake leather that wouldn't look overly feminine 😁
Wow, there are a lot of nice looking kilts on their page.
"Look at Scottish guys wearing kilts - you could look at them and laugh, but the way they carry themselves, how can you? You can wear some of the weirdest things and be cool. If you believe in it, that's what makes it cool."
stephanie53

Post by stephanie53 »

Well it cam yesterday, I was so excited, but disappointment struck . It's about 2 or 3 sizes to big. They only give credit no exchanges :cry:
The size conversion from UK to US is very confusing. Ill have alook at the site again and see if anything else strikes my fancy
KiltedBigWave
Distinguished Member

Post by KiltedBigWave »

stephanie53 wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2023 7:27 pm Well it cam yesterday, I was so excited, but disappointment struck . It's about 2 or 3 sizes to big. They only give credit no exchanges :cry:
The size conversion from UK to US is very confusing. Ill have alook at the site again and see if anything else strikes my fancy
So sorry to hear that, the size conversions can be confusing to say the least. Good luck with your search.
Lower_limb_liberty

Post by Lower_limb_liberty »

stephanie53 wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2023 7:27 pm Well it cam yesterday, I was so excited, but disappointment struck . It's about 2 or 3 sizes to big. They only give credit no exchanges :cry:
That sucks, hope mine aren't too big too! :shock:

Out of interest, was the skirt ok apart from the size?
stephanie53

Post by stephanie53 »

Yup the skirt was great, super long floor duster. It has a elastic waist in the back and a zipper in the front, and the fabric feels kinda papery like. I'll see how the refund works before I order something else. Over all I like what they have to offer