ridiculous price on awful mens towel skirt

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.
timemeddler
Distinguished Member

ridiculous price on awful mens towel skirt

Post by timemeddler »

Stu
Member Extraordinaire

Re: ridiculous price on awful mens towel skirt

Post by Stu »

I saw this in the Daily Telegraph. It is indeed absurd both in design and price. Some people have way more money than sense.
denimini
Member Extraordinaire

Post by denimini »

Stu wrote: Fri Nov 17, 2023 11:13 am Some people have way more money than sense.
Did someone actually buy one?
Anthony, a denim miniskirt wearer in Outback Australia
Coder
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Coder »

denimini wrote: Fri Nov 17, 2023 12:40 pm
Stu wrote: Fri Nov 17, 2023 11:13 am Some people have way more money than sense.
It's balenciaga - I'm sure some did. I still don't know how that company is still in business, especially after that scandal this year.
familyman34
Distinguished Member

Post by familyman34 »

Coder wrote: Fri Nov 17, 2023 1:13 pm
denimini wrote: Fri Nov 17, 2023 12:40 pm
It's balenciaga - I'm sure some did. I still don't know how that company is still in business, especially after that scandal this year.
The Guardian also has an opinion: https://www.theguardian.com/fashion/202 ... hion-trend.
Familyman34
Modoc
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Modoc »

You have to wonder who the target market for this item is supposed to be. It almost seems like a joke or some kind of ploy to get brand attention by any means, even if it's negative.
“And the time came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.”
― Anaïs Nin
Barleymower
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Barleymower »

It's nonsense marketing ideas like this that discredit mens fashion freedom. By making mens fashion rediculous, men are portrayed as stupid and rediculous. The idea of men wearing anything other than what's left of their meagre wardrobe is thereby crushed.
Coder
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Coder »

Barleymower wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2023 10:06 pm It's nonsense marketing ideas like this that discredit mens fashion freedom. By making mens fashion rediculous, men are portrayed as stupid and rediculous. The idea of men wearing anything other than what's left of their meagre wardrobe is thereby crushed.
Yep - that is more or less the most logical outcome. Still, I wonder what my coworkers think when they see articles on stuff like this.
Barleymower
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Barleymower »

Coder wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2023 10:14 pm
Barleymower wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2023 10:06 pm It's nonsense marketing ideas like this that discredit mens fashion freedom. By making mens fashion rediculous, men are portrayed as stupid and rediculous. The idea of men wearing anything other than what's left of their meagre wardrobe is thereby crushed.
Yep - that is more or less the most logical outcome. Still, I wonder what my coworkers think when they see articles on stuff like this.
It will take more than the towel skirt to mess things up for you with your co-workers. Maybe bring it up?
Coder
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Coder »

Barleymower wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2023 11:13 pm
Coder wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2023 10:14 pm
It will take more than the towel skirt to mess things up for you with your co-workers. Maybe bring it up?
No - not so much that it will mess things up or them to think I’m weird - just that - well I figure now anytime a celebrity or fashion retailer makes news with a skirts for men article, if my coworkers reflect on it and say, “oh, that’s what coder does or is championing”. And the same goes for any of us here.