Interesting pose in a kilt

Kilt-based fashions, both traditional and contemporary. Come on guys, bring on the pleats!
Freedomforall
Member Extraordinaire

Interesting pose in a kilt

Post by Freedomforall »

I am curious what others think of the expression and pose of this model sporting a kilt. Is he implying you must have testicles to wear a kilt?

https://superkilts.com/advanced-athleti ... vcQAvD_BwE
Coder
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Interesting pose in a kilt

Post by Coder »

That's kinda weird/gross.
Freedomforall
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Freedomforall »

I agree Coder. It struck me as very off.
Spirou003
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Spirou003 »

Actually if there were other pictureS(S intended) it would not have shocked me, but there the first one he his grabbing his pack and the second one he is showing it (but showing his back to the camera so we can't see), while being topless in both. What the heck? It could have interrested me (granted it is possible to deliver in Belgium which I didn't even checked) but those pics don't suffice to get an idea of how it looks when you "pose normally".
Also sad that they needed to photoshop the picture to remove background, they should better get a proper photoshoot place and use the photo as is.
STEVIE
Member Extraordinaire

Post by STEVIE »

Freedomforall wrote: Thu Nov 02, 2023 2:50 am I am curious what others think of the expression and pose of this model sporting a kilt. Is he implying you must have testicles to wear a kilt?

https://superkilts.com/advanced-athleti ... vcQAvD_BwE
First off to the kilt Nazis , that's a skirt!
This is the sort of machismo inducing B******T that sells the "kilt" to a certain demographic of guys and females.
One thing though, great stealth skirt, I wonder if it is just his junk under there?
Certainly no help to men in skirts.
Steve.
r.m.anderson
Member Extraordinaire

Post by r.m.anderson »

Disgusting - this type of imaging does nothing to forward the skirt and kilt movement.
Reminds me of the dirty ole man wearing nothing but a trench coat exposing himself in public !
"YES SKIRTING MATTERS"!
"Kilt-On" -or- as the case may be "Skirt-On" !
WHY ?
Isn't wearing a kilt enough?
Well a skirt will do in a pinch!
Make mine short and don't you dare think of pinching there !
Freedomforall
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Freedomforall »

Totally agree that this does not help us at all. It only furthers false masculinity.
Last edited by Freedomforall on Fri Nov 03, 2023 12:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Uncle Al

Post by Uncle Al »

The picture reminds me of something a "Pro-Wrestler" would wear upon
entering the arena, stage and ring. That's the type of flamboyancy which
comes to my mind. The "rednecks" love wrestling. They try to emulate
the wrestler by wearing the same 'costume' that the wrestler wears into
the arena. This MAY help convince "rednecks" that wearing a skirt is an
OK idea/event. (Hey if Iron Duke can wear a skirt/kilt, then so can I.)

Just my $.02 worth :D

Uncle Al
:mrgreen: :ugeek: :mrgreen:
Kilted Organist/Musician
Grand Musician of the Grand Lodge, I.O.O.F. of Texas 2008-2009, 2015-2016,
2018-202 ? (and the beat goes on ;) )
When asked 'Why the Kilt?'
I respond-The why is F.T.H.O.I. (For The H--- Of It)
denimini
Member Extraordinaire

Post by denimini »

If that is what some males think they need to do when wearing a skirt then they should stick to their camo pants.
Anthony, a denim miniskirt wearer in Outback Australia
Faldaguy
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Faldaguy »

Freedomforall; You might collect the comments here and send them to the manufacturer -- see if perhaps they might see the light and serve the market better. I certainly concur it is a pretty disgusting portrayal of what some apparently deem is a good look for men.
new2skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Post by new2skirts »

Perhaps the model had an unfortunate itch in a sensitive area when the picture was taken? :lol:

BTW that's a poorly made skirt with yellow panels, not a kilt :wink:
Formerly Kilty / Joe Public etc...
Fred in Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Fred in Skirts »

The only thing I see is a man grabbing his junk while wearing a skirt that looks ridiculous.
I consider it slightly obscene. The seller/manufacturer should change the pictures to something less objectionable.
"It is better to be hated for what you are than be loved for what you are not" Andre Gide: 1869 - 1951
Always be yourself because the people that matter don’t mind and the ones that mind don’t matter.
STEVIE
Member Extraordinaire

Post by STEVIE »

Fred in Skirts wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2023 10:26 pm The only thing I see is a man grabbing his junk while wearing a skirt that looks ridiculous.
I consider it slightly obscene. The seller/manufacturer should change the pictures to something less objectionable.
Now that's an "INTERESTING" comment, Fred.
The model's pose is no accident and meant to be provocative for good or bad, it is advertising no more, no less.
No matter whether it is a kilt or a skirt, the dubious taste of the picture won't likely hurt the uptake on the thing.
From here alone, we may never know if someone actually goes the distance of buying one.
Cheap and nasty, but still perfect for some because it definitely is not bifurcated, pants or trousers.
Steve.
Dust
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Dust »

Okay, I just saw the pic and laughed. I thought we all had to have a good sense of humor for this skirt wearing stuff...

Does anyone else remember the old Utilikilts website? They had the most ridiculous Q&A section. It was over the top and hilarious on purpose. And I think it was absolutely the best marketing they could have had at the time.

This company is marketing to a different demographic than most of us here. Nothing wrong with that...

I'd never heard of this website before. I'm seeing a lot more kilt selling websites than when I started. I used to bookmark every single one I could find. Now I don't unless it looks particularly good.
Coder
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Coder »

Dust wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2023 11:17 am Okay, I just saw the pic and laughed. I thought we all had to have a good sense of humor for this skirt wearing stuff...
Yes - I think many of us enjoy humor - but not when it perpetuates vile stereotypes.
Dust wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2023 11:17 am This company is marketing to a different demographic than most of us here. Nothing wrong with that...
Who, flashers? Because the second picture where's he's lifting the hem... (being a bit sarcastic here - in a kind way)

Look - I'm not clutching my pearls - but his behavior is juvenile and yes - gross - disgusting. If the site had a theme (it looks like some kind of drop-shipper generic website), or the description gave context, I might reconsider my opinion. But this doesn't appear to be a seller at the same level of Utilikilts, even back when UK was just starting. One other thing - I'm tired of men playing the fool. They do it to dad's on all the sitcom's (though, tbh, I haven't watched a sitcom in years), they do it in movies, etc... You can inject humor without resorting to crass "jokes" or putting people down.