Walmart Skirt for Men Review

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.
Uncle Al

Walmart Skirt for Men Review

Post by Uncle Al »

I purchased the following skirt for men, from Walmart.

Looks are deceiving. It does have a pen/pencil pocket but who wants a pen/pencil stuck in their lap :?:
The ONE pocket is only good as a crumb catcher. The pocket is 16 3/4" wide, and 10 1/2" deep, covering
one fourth of the circumference of the skirt hem. The "pleats", when stretched out, will add about 2.5-3.0"
to the circumference. The material is great for hot weather as it is light and airy, yet durable.
I ordered the largest size offered as I knew it was Asian sizing. The skirt fits if I suck-in my waist before fastening.
Stitching is very secure. The skirt has belt-loops, and a belt would accent the over-all look.
I'm 6' 2" tall and the skirt length is about 2" below my knees, which I find VERY COMFORTING.

I'ld rate this as a 6.5 on a scale of 1 to 10. I plan on taking it to a tailor and have "the" pocket removed,
using the removed material to make side-seam/slash pockets, similar to pants pockets.

IMHO, If you don't mind the flaky design, this skirt is a good buy. Would be great for hiking or most
other outdoor activity. A very casual event skirt :)

Uncle Al
:mrgreen: :ugeek: :mrgreen:
Kilted Organist/Musician
Grand Musician of the Grand Lodge, I.O.O.F. of Texas 2008-2009, 2015-2016,
2018-202 ? (and the beat goes on ;) )
When asked 'Why the Kilt?'
I respond-The why is F.T.H.O.I. (For The H--- Of It)
Stu
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Walmart Skirt for Men Review

Post by Stu »

I am glad they are trying, but why the drab colour and all the fussy detail? I would much rather see something like this - with a matching jacket:

Kirbstone
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Kirbstone »

...and matching lipstick too. Lovely if I were 50 years younger.

Tom
Carpe Diem......Seize the Day !
Uncle Al

Post by Uncle Al »

Stu wrote: Fri Oct 27, 2023 8:28 pmI am glad they are trying, but why the drab colour and all the fussy detail?
This skirt is offered in 4 different colors. I chose this color as it will blend with almost any shirt,
looking like a pair of khaki shorts.

Uncle Al
Kilted Organist/Musician
Brad
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Brad »

Re the woman in the red outfit --I remember when a woman never wore sneakers with a skirt
geron
Member Extraordinaire

Post by geron »

Uncle Al wrote: Fri Oct 27, 2023 9:54 pm
Stu wrote: Fri Oct 27, 2023 8:28 pmI am glad they are trying, but why the drab colour and all the fussy detail?
This skirt is offered in 4 different colors. I chose this color as it will blend with almost any shirt,
looking like a pair of khaki shorts.

Uncle Al
At the risk of repeating myself, this is the Chinese clone of a nicely made French design yet again. I have one in black.
<https://hiatus-shop.com/en/2010-hiatus- ... lour-khaki>
Uncle Al

Post by Uncle Al »

geron wrote: Sat Oct 28, 2023 5:57 amAt the risk of repeating myself, this is the Chinese clone of a nicely made French design yet again. I have one in black.
<https://hiatus-shop.com/en/2010-hiatus- ... lour-khaki>
The hiatus skirt has buttons sewn into the fly opening. The Walmart skirt has a sturdy metal zipper instead of buttons.
From the looks of each skirt, I'll go with the Walmart skirt because it has the zipper and is easier to wear.
Here's the LINK to the Walmart skirt and you can see the four colors(black, blue, grey and white) it comes in.

Anyway, if you want to try it, go for it. Just READ THE SIZE CHART to get one that will fit you.

Uncle Al
Kilted Organist/Musician
STEVIE
Member Extraordinaire

Post by STEVIE »

Stu wrote: Fri Oct 27, 2023 8:28 pm I would much rather see something like this -
Like this maybe, alas no matching jacket or lippie.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Stu
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Stu »

STEVIE wrote: Sat Oct 28, 2023 6:12 pm Like this maybe, alas no matching jacket or lippie.
Perfect. Looks brilliant!
STEVIE
Member Extraordinaire

Post by STEVIE »

Stu wrote: Sun Oct 29, 2023 2:57 pm Perfect. Looks brilliant!
Thanks, that shot was originally posted here in 2011, the skirt I wore to death but I still have that jersey.
I now have a shorter M&S one which started life as a similar colour but now looks like a strange shade of pink.
That one did resemble the shot you put up and I do wear it with sneakers except I'd call them trainers or even gymshoes.
Steve.
denimini
Member Extraordinaire

Post by denimini »

Cheap enough and a pocket that can hold a large screwdriver, shifting spanner and ball-pein hammer .......... if you don't mind them bashing your legs.
Long enough that it would need those few pleats for walking. Certainly a good start for someone, especially someone who requires the "Mens" designation.
Anthony, a denim miniskirt wearer in Outback Australia
KiltedBigWave
Distinguished Member

Post by KiltedBigWave »

Interesting skirt and it does look like khaki shorts. I feel it would need a few more pleats.

I could see the red skirt with a short black jacket maybe!
"Look at Scottish guys wearing kilts - you could look at them and laugh, but the way they carry themselves, how can you? You can wear some of the weirdest things and be cool. If you believe in it, that's what makes it cool."