Missing Cafe' Members

Non-fashion, non-skirt, non-gender discussions. If your post is related to fashion, skirts or gender, please choose one of the forums above for it.
Uncle Al

Missing Cafe' Members

Post by Uncle Al »

This post is for all members who haven't posted in a long time.

YOU ARE MISSED :!:

I've noticed several members who have visited Skirt Cafe', even recently
but, haven't posted any comments.

PLEASE let us know that you are alright and doing well.

Again - -

YOU ARE MISSED :!:

Uncle Al
:mrgreen: :ugeek: :mrgreen:
Kilted Organist/Musician
Grand Musician of the Grand Lodge, I.O.O.F. of Texas 2008-2009, 2015-2016,
2018-202 ? (and the beat goes on ;) )
When asked 'Why the Kilt?'
I respond-The why is F.T.H.O.I. (For The H--- Of It)
RichardA
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Missing Cafe' Members

Post by RichardA »

I'm OK................I think, can't remember the last time I posted, well there isn't a lot you can say about a skirt/kilt without repeating yourself
trainspotter48
Member Extraordinaire

Post by trainspotter48 »

Likewise, I'm still about, although I'm doing a lot more reading than posting at present.
Fred in Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Fred in Skirts »

I am still wondering what happened to SINNED aka Dennis from York UK.
"It is better to be hated for what you are than be loved for what you are not" Andre Gide: 1869 - 1951
Always be yourself because the people that matter don’t mind and the ones that mind don’t matter.
victor1964
Member Extraordinaire

Post by victor1964 »

I admit to being more of a lurker than a poster. I just don't think I've got much to say.

I wear skirts often, with MOH support, almost anywhere. Don't have any issues been seen by my neighbours or people I know. Wear skirts to work without any issues.

I lean towards the gothic style and like clothes that are a bit 'out there'. Black is my happy colour, I'm a fan of pleated skirts and short skirts but as almost 60 I need to be careful with looking alternative rather than silly lol.....

BM I will reply to your PM regarding the meet....
Barleymower
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Barleymower »

victor1964 wrote: Fri Oct 27, 2023 10:02 pm I admit to being more of a lurker than a poster. I just don't think I've got much to say.

I wear skirts often, with MOH support, almost anywhere. Don't have any issues been seen by my neighbours or people I know. Wear skirts to work without any issues.

I lean towards the gothic style and like clothes that are a bit 'out there'. Black is my happy colour, I'm a fan of pleated skirts and short skirts but as almost 60 I need to be careful with looking alternative rather than silly lol.....

BM I will reply to your PM regarding the meet....
👍
Kirbstone
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Kirbstone »

We haven't heard from Big & Bashful, aka Cep'n Boydseye for a while either.

Tom
Carpe Diem......Seize the Day !
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

You know, sometimes these things get "worrisome"...
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
6ft3Aussie
Member Extraordinaire

Post by 6ft3Aussie »

We haven't heard from Kilted John in Washington (at least I think it's Washington) or Dan recently either.
r.m.anderson
Member Extraordinaire

Post by r.m.anderson »

Never have so few been called to post - yada yada yada

Yes sadly the recent forum topics have what appears to be declining activity (membership participation ?)

I frequent the skirtcafe almost twice a day -
posting something anything if I have something constructive to the thread/conversation -
so for the (this) moment I am dumbfounded in thought - nothing to add not even a twit of wit (LOL)

Make the best of it and have a great day - - -
"YES SKIRTING MATTERS"!
"Kilt-On" -or- as the case may be "Skirt-On" !
WHY ?
Isn't wearing a kilt enough?
Well a skirt will do in a pinch!
Make mine short and don't you dare think of pinching there !
STEVIE
Member Extraordinaire

Post by STEVIE »

I met up with Big and Bashful and Skirted 84 in September , the pics provided the evidence.
B&B is enjoying his retirement which has turned partial as he drives a cab around his local area.
Got to say they were both in fine fettle that day.
Another couple who have disappeared are Bodycon and Skirtingtoday.
Steve.
papato15

Post by papato15 »

I don't think I've been missed, since I don't post things. But I do come by quite often to see what going on.
maninafrock

Post by maninafrock »

Sorry not posted anything recently. I do pop into the cafe regularly but prefer not to get involved in "deep and meaningful" conversations. Am off soon on another cruise (100% skirted/dressed, not even taking any trousers) so I'll post pics of my outfits when we come back end of November.
Coder
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Coder »

r.m.anderson wrote: Sun Oct 29, 2023 4:41 pm Yes sadly the recent forum topics have what appears to be declining activity (membership participation ?)
To some degree, the discussions might be rehashing of what was written before, and I think you can only write or read the same thing so many times before growing tired of a topic (or feel like you have nothing more to contributor or are shouting into the void). Also, and this is just a personal observation, but it feels like once one realizes the world out there is a lot more accepting, well, the need to come here and get support is lessened.
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

Coder wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2023 10:08 pmTo some degree, the discussions might be rehashing of what was written before, and I think you can only write or read the same thing so many times before growing tired of a topic (or feel like you have nothing more to contributor or are shouting into the void).
Indeed, and I suspect that's part of the problem, but more of a problem might be explained by a conversation I overheard between a pair of 20-somethings (one male, the other female, although I was hard-pressed to tell the difference) which was the most depressing thing I've heard in decades. Now, I have a pretty dire view of the future, but these two were even darker than my worst fears -- and it was enough to put me off my dinner.

There seems to be no beauty to kids any longer: nothing pretty, nothing cute, nothing even frivolous -- only darkness. Men are expected to be animals, women are expected to be whores, and everything else that might excite the heart is abjectly missing. As I was getting set to cash out, the bartender (a lovely woman some 20 years my junior) queried me pointedly whether the food was good (it was), and I "came clean" about intercepting said conversation, and her impression mirrored mine perfectly: utterly and abjectly depressing. We smiled at each other, knowing that neither of us was exactly alone.

In the meantime I had flashed upon a "difficult conversation" my current lady-friend and I needed to have yesterday which focussed on that old chestnut that I've had to deal with for 50 years of whether I was homosexual or not (I'm not) because I don't fit any of the standard models -- and I realised that if she was using "modern rules" I'd blow the standards so badly away there could be no match on anything anywhere! I'm hoping that this is behind us. Just because I like and cherish beautiful things does not make me queer; it marks me as sensitive, caring, and someone who has an appreciation for the "finer things" in life. I compared my fashion choices to someone who likes beautiful buildings, graceful bridges, and elegant solutions to problems in a world increasingly bereft of those things and wants to express the change I want to see in the world.
Also, and this is just a personal observation, but it feels like once one realizes the world out there is a lot more accepting, well, the need to come here and get support is lessened.
The world may seem more accepting, but I'd not bank on that -- not by a long-shot. If anything, it's gotten worse; it's just that everybody is in shell-shock from precisely how bad it's gotten.
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!