What will crossdressers do if dresses becomes mainstream for men

Discussion of fashion elements and looks that are traditionally considered somewhat "femme" but are presented in a masculine context. This is NOT about transvestism or crossdressing.
crfriend
Master Barista

Re: What will crossdressers do if dresses becomes mainstream for men

Post by crfriend »

jamie001 wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2023 4:21 pmI used to be of the opinion that men and women wear equals but that opinion changed over the years with mass shootings especially with the killing on children in school shootings.
If you go beck through the history you'll find that the first "school shooter" was, in fact a girl and did it for the simple reason that she "didn't like Mondays".

Women have always played a pivotal role in the world. Hedy Lamarr wasn't the only one involved in engineering, either. The person who designed the propulsion plant for the S.S. United States happened to be a woman. It's also clearly recognised in literature and even language, as in, "They who rock the cradle rule the world."

We need to stand down from the sexual Apartheid that's a-building now and treat all humans -- no matter what sex -- as equals. If you're torqued off that you were born a boy and not a girl then you -- and you alone -- own that. Don't make it other peoples' problem.
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

We all know what the modern numbers look like, and that's going to be down to any number of factors with sex/gender being but one of them. I was referring to this, which set the whole mess into motion.

Men and boys have been getting a very, very raw deal over the past several decades, and in a world where there is no legal recourse we're seeing something entirely predictable. It has precisely ZERO to do with sex, it has everything to do with societal pressure on men and boys, no recourse to deal with conflict, and the expectation that men and boys are emotional zombies and incapable of emotion. Bluntly, it's an entirely toxic situation, and we've gotten here by design.

Recall the adage of, "Figures don't lie, but liars figure." That's what we're seeing in the "statistics". Clearly the old thinking has abjectly failed; therefore, it's time to set out on a new path -- and it's going to take at least a human generation to take hold, and we're likely going to have to write off the current group.
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
JohnH
Member Extraordinaire

Post by JohnH »

crfriend wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2023 4:52 pm [If you're torqued off that you were born a boy and not a girl then you -- and you alone -- own that. Don't make it other peoples' problem.
I'm glad I was born male. At my age of 71 years I can drive a 2.4 meter (8 foot) grounding rod into the ground with a framing hammer without getting sore at all, something that most genetic women my age could not do. And thanks to the estrogen I take I look a lot younger than a typical woman my age. And I love having a bass voice that makes me sought after for singing in choirs.
Some wise guy asked me what kind of voice I had before puberty. I told him I was a soprano. He responded, "Why didn't you get an operation? " Needless to say my response was not pleasant at all. Church choirs have an a abundance of sopranos and altos with far fewer tenors and basses. So the last thing my church choir would have needed was a male soprano (castrato)

John