Gynecomastia

Discussion of fashion elements and looks that are traditionally considered somewhat "femme" but are presented in a masculine context. This is NOT about transvestism or crossdressing.
jamodu
Member Extraordinaire

Gynecomastia

Post by jamodu »

Due to them having Gynecomastia, I wonder how many guys on this forum have to wear a Bra out of practical necessity - rather than as an alternative wardrobe choice?

What are the issues for you on having to stealthily conceal your Bra under your ordinary male clothing?

Does your significant other accept you having no other choice but to wear a Bra due to your Gynecomastia?

https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-con ... 0unevenly.
JohnH
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Gynecomastia

Post by JohnH »

My breasts are a bra cup size DD.

So when I am out in public I HAVE to wear a bra. I also need to wear one when I'm driving or riding in a vehicle, and for walking long distances due to the jouncing of the breasts.

I make NO attempt at all to conceal my beasts under any of my clothing, male attire included. I also.wear dresses even out in public.

When my wife was alive she accepted my wearing a bra.

John
Jim
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Jim »

Many women prefer not wearing a bra. I've seen people with quite big breasts at nudist resorts doing fine. I don't understand the "have to" part, but then again I haven't discussed the topic with people with size DD breasts like John.
JohnH
Member Extraordinaire

Post by JohnH »

It's one thing to see a young woman with bouncing sexy breasts without a bra but it's another thing to see an old geezer like myself (71 years) with the same thing. And around the house I don't wear a bra. But for activities such as walking, running, or riding in a vehicle the jouncing of the breasts is annoying.

I don't understand why A and especially AA cup bras exist. Anybody with such a small cup size clearly doesn't need a bra. I think the wearing of bras should be based on breast size and NOT by gender.

John
pelmut
Member Extraordinaire

Post by pelmut »

JohnH wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 11:50 am I don't understand why A and especially AA cup bras exist. Anybody with such a small cup size clearly doesn't need a bra. I think the wearing of bras should be based on breast size and NOT by gender.
John
Many young women want to show off their breasts as soon as they begin to grow; even at A and AA size, a bra lifts them and makes them look more prominent.  Of course, the bra can be padded or stuffed with 'chicken fillets' to make them look even bigger.
There is no such thing as a normal person, only someone you don't know very well yet.
JohnH
Member Extraordinaire

Post by JohnH »

Ah, another use for socks... If you are going to stuff a bra at least get a C size cup. :D :D :D

It's interesting my.mother's.sister had to use falsies.when she.was young.

John
port_berger

Post by port_berger »

Well, not only the size matters - swollen and sensitive nipple poking through shirts or being rubbed is also a reason.... My 95B/C wouldn't need it but the nipples appreciate a bra or bralette.
Greetings
JohnH
Member Extraordinaire

Post by JohnH »

Interesting. I don't have that problem.
jamodu
Member Extraordinaire

Post by jamodu »

If you read the contents of my link above, Nipple sensitivity with rubbing against clothes is one of several possible symptoms of Gynecomastia.

In the UK, the NHS provide more comprehensive information…

https://www.nhs.uk/common-health-questi ... ecomastia/
JeffB1959
Member Extraordinaire

Post by JeffB1959 »

JohnH wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 11:50 amI don't understand why A and especially AA cup bras exist. Anybody with such a small cup size clearly doesn't need a bra. I think the wearing of bras should be based on breast size and NOT by gender.

John
I agree. At best, I’m just an A cup, so a bra would be a waste of money for me.
I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman.
phathack
Member Extraordinaire

Post by phathack »

JohnH wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 11:50 am I don't understand why A and especially AA cup bras exist. Anybody with such a small cup size clearly doesn't need a bra. I think the wearing of bras should be based on breast size and NOT by gender.
I think women wearing Bras in the smallest cup sizes has more to do with hiding women's nipples than anything else as they don't need the support.
photoguy207
Member Extraordinaire

Post by photoguy207 »

I had this problem from the age of 12 or so. I thought it would go away with age or if I lost weight. At one point I had myself in the low 160s during college but they were still there. In my early 20s, after getting my first job, I went to see a plastic surgeon for lipo suction, only to hear him say the word gynecomastia for the first time. The surgery was elective so I had to pay for it myself. I paid off my credit card, only to max it out again between the doctors charge and the hospital, which totaled about $5000 in 1994. I was off for a few days over a long weekend. It was the best thing I ever did. I was finally able to go swimming etc without being embarrassed. I didn’t have to wear baggy shirts. It changed my life. I believe it’s hereditary, I see it on a few of my cousins.

Not sure of this even fits in this post. But I posted it to help if somebody here had the same issue.
Uncle Al

Post by Uncle Al »

phathack wrote: Sun Oct 15, 2023 2:35 amI think women wearing Bras in the smallest cup sizes has more to do with hiding women's nipples than anything else as they don't need the support.
It could be for their mental support. With out a bra,
some women don't feel like they're a woman.

I must admit that at 72, and reaction to a medication I had to take, I'm now wearing a "C" cup,
and yes, they do need the support otherwise I end up with pain. I don't need the support when
sleeping, only when I'm up and moving about. I'll continue to wear a bra than pay out the nose
for doctor visits and pain medication. Even with medical insurance, retirement income is tough.
I have to squeeze every penny I can, to make ends meet.

Uncle Al
:mrgreen: :ugeek: :mrgreen:
Kilted Organist/Musician
Grand Musician of the Grand Lodge, I.O.O.F. of Texas 2008-2009, 2015-2016,
2018-202 ? (and the beat goes on ;) )
When asked 'Why the Kilt?'
I respond-The why is F.T.H.O.I. (For The H--- Of It)
pelmut
Member Extraordinaire

Post by pelmut »

photoguy207 wrote: Sun Oct 15, 2023 3:19 am [...] I believe it’s hereditary, I see it on a few of my cousins.
I used to say mine was hereditary; my grandmother, my mother and my sister all had it.
There is no such thing as a normal person, only someone you don't know very well yet.
JohnH
Member Extraordinaire

Post by JohnH »

I also inherited gynecomastia from my paternal grandmother through my father, who also had gynecomastia. In my case I have been on estrogen over 12 years and that helped things along. Most men on estrogen don't get a bra cup size greater than B; thanks to my genetic inheritance I have a bra cup size of DD.

John