CBS SUNDAY MORNING The long and short of skirts

News from High Street, for the Fashionistas among us! Couture only here please; if you can buy it off the rack, try another forum.
big_daddy_thong

CBS SUNDAY MORNING The long and short of skirts

Post by big_daddy_thong »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AcWLc-B7DTA

While skirts have hemmed women into traditional notions of femininity, a skirt's length, style and fabric – dangling from the waist with few restrictions – can also connote freedom, wealth and agency. Correspondent Faith Salie talks with fashion designer Christian Siriano, and with Kimberly Chrisman-Campbell, author of "Skirts: Fashioning Modern Femininity in the Twentieth Century," to discuss what skirts tell us about our culture – and how women think of themselves. Short mention about men wearing skirts at the end
Modoc
Member Extraordinaire

Re: CBS SUNDAY MORNING The long and short of skirts

Post by Modoc »

I liked that presentation a lot even though not much on MIS, What there was was good.
“And the time came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.”
― Anaïs Nin
Uncle Al

Post by Uncle Al »

A good, yet some-what erroneous presentation.
My comment:
Slight error in this story. Women were not 'allowed' to wear pants, they won the right during the end of WWII & the Korean War because women were the factory workers, building the tanks and aircraft for the wars. I'm a 72 year old male, who has not worn 'pants' since 2001. Love the freedom of a skirt, and now a dress. A skirt/dress makes life so much easier, and fun 🙂
Not sure how far this 'comment' will go to reach others but, hey, I gave it a shot :D

Uncle Al
:mrgreen: :ugeek: :mrgreen:
Kilted Organist/Musician
Grand Musician of the Grand Lodge, I.O.O.F. of Texas 2008-2009, 2015-2016,
2018-202 ? (and the beat goes on ;) )
When asked 'Why the Kilt?'
I respond-The why is F.T.H.O.I. (For The H--- Of It)
Barleymower
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Barleymower »

Uncle Al wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2023 12:16 am A good, yet some-what erroneous presentation.
My comment:
Slight error in this story. Women were not 'allowed' to wear pants, they won the right during the end of WWII & the Korean War because women were the factory workers, building the tanks and aircraft for the wars. I'm a 72 year old male, who has not worn 'pants' since 2001. Love the freedom of a skirt, and now a dress. A skirt/dress makes life so much easier, and fun 🙂
Not sure how far this 'comment' will go to reach others but, hey, I gave it a shot :D

Uncle Al
:mrgreen: :ugeek: :mrgreen:
The guys across the pond won't know about "The Archers" on radio 4. An episode I partially caught talked about women wearing trousers when women never wore trousrs..the dialogue went:
"I see Dorothy is wearing her husbands trousrs again" ha ha ha.
"And why shouldn't I?" Dorothy replied. Standing up
To the other women.
It's the only way, they did it, we have to do it.