New Adventure begins

Non-fashion, non-skirt, non-gender discussions. If your post is related to fashion, skirts or gender, please choose one of the forums above for it.
Elisabetta
Member Extraordinaire

Re: New Adventure begins

Post by Elisabetta »

KiltedBigWave wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2023 6:40 pm Congrats and good luck with everything.
Thanks
"When life gets blurry adjust your focus."
Grok
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Grok »

The call of nature....

In downtown Seattle, the public library. I believe that Pike Place Market is another possibility.

Having to ask for a code-just to pee-is irritating.
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

I worked late last night in Seattle and I found myself driving southbound on I5 downtown at night... I was awestruck by the Seattle skyline at night, what a beautiful city.... like something out of the future.

People are so friendly here. It's by far the friendliest metro area I've ever experienced. People get a kick out of me... often playfully asking where I'm from and striking up friendly conversations.

I love being the "old southern boy" up here.... :lol:
Grok wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 7:42 am Having to ask for a code-just to pee-is irritating.
Yeah, that's a bit of a pain. But I understand the reasoning.
-Andrea
The old hillbilly from the coal fields of the Appalachian mountains currently living like there's no tomorrow on the west coast.
Coder
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Coder »

moonshadow wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 2:35 pm People are so friendly here. It's by far the friendliest metro area I've ever experienced. People get a kick out of me... often playfully asking where I'm from and striking up friendly conversations.

Promise me you'll try to convince them (when skirted) that "oh yeah, skirts are all the rage down south, surprised it hasn't caught on up here" :lol:
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

moonshadow wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 2:35 pm I worked late last night in Seattle and I found myself driving southbound on I5 downtown at night... I was awestruck by the Seattle skyline at night, what a beautiful city.... like something out of the future.

People are so friendly here. It's by far the friendliest metro area I've ever experienced. People get a kick out of me... often playfully asking where I'm from and striking up friendly conversations.

It truly is a spectacular city, and the first time I visited it in the early 1990s when my late ex- and I took trains 'round the lower 48 it took my breath away. At night it shimmers like a jewel, and in the day it just nestles into its location like it was always there.

One of the wonderful delights one gets when one arrives by train is the view out the windows into Puget Sound, where in places one can see starfish scuttling around in some of the shallow pools right next to the tracks.

I visited again in 2013 and it was still spectacular.

The Skagit Valley is something worth exploring, too, as some of the scenery there is breathtaking.
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
Grok
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Grok »

Interstate 5 (I-5) runs by the high rises of down town Seattle. Lit up at night, the buildings make for an impressive sight, these really tall things you are skimming along the edge of.

And commuting on I-5 during the day can also be impressive. (So long as it isn't over cast). Mountains. Puget Sound. Especially impressive is Mount Rainier, the big mountain that is displayed in postcards with downtown.
Ozdelights
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Ozdelights »

I missed all of your adventure, but I'm back on line now. Congratulations on the move both personally and work wise. A new place can be very challenging because it's different but also an exciting new experience.

We have just travelled 11,500Km (7,000 miles) across parts of Australia. It's great to see how different other parts of our world are and the people that inhabit them.

Best wishes to you both in you new adventure.

Barry
timemeddler
Distinguished Member

Post by timemeddler »

quite a trip, you'll have plenty to see around the sound.
Elisabetta
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Elisabetta »

Check over in personal stories for pictures everyone!!
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

Effective tomorrow (Monday) for the first time in my life, a vehicle registered to me will not bear a Virginia plate....

I've almost completed lining out my bona fides.... I eagerly await my new "hard copy" license to arrive in the mail, along with my voter registration.

ImageNew license plate by Andrea Palumbo, on Flickr

The whole licensing (drivers and vehicle) process was very easy and straight forward. I'm not sure why all the locals complain about it... If they want to experience a good old fashioned bureaucratic fuster-cluck... try to get a car registered in an eastern state... :wink:

I know a guy back east that moved from New York to Tennessee two years ago and he's still fighting New York to get his titling issue resolved...
-Andrea
The old hillbilly from the coal fields of the Appalachian mountains currently living like there's no tomorrow on the west coast.
Elisabetta
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Elisabetta »

moonshadow wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2023 4:41 am Effective tomorrow (Monday) for the first time in my life, a vehicle registered to me will not bear a Virginia plate....

I've almost completed lining out my bona fides.... I eagerly await my new "hard copy" license to arrive in the mail, along with my voter registration.

ImageNew license plate by Andrea Palumbo, on Flickr

The whole licensing (drivers and vehicle) process was very easy and straight forward. I'm not sure why all the locals complain about it... If they want to experience a good old fashioned bureaucratic fuster-cluck... try to get a car registered in an eastern state... :wink:

I know a guy back east that moved from New York to Tennessee two years ago and he's still fighting New York to get his titling issue resolved...
Things sure are coming along for the both of us. Now the next goal is to get our truck and camper paid off so we can get into an apartment.
Elisabetta
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Elisabetta »

Moon and I will have our first Christmas here in Washington tomorrow. Been so nice here loving this life.
6ft3Aussie
Member Extraordinaire

Post by 6ft3Aussie »

Congratulations to you both, Andrea and Elizabeth on your first Christmas on the West Coast!

If you dipped your toes in the ocean and I did they same, we'd be dipping our toes in the same ocean!!
From Sheila, Elijah and myself, hoping that you had a great Christmas and that 2024 brings you many new experiences and takes you to new levels.
Elisabetta
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Elisabetta »

6ft3Aussie wrote: Tue Dec 26, 2023 12:26 pm Congratulations to you both, Andrea and Elizabeth on your first Christmas on the West Coast!

If you dipped your toes in the ocean and I did they same, we'd be dipping our toes in the same ocean!!
From Sheila, Elijah and myself, hoping that you had a great Christmas and that 2024 brings you many new experiences and takes you to new levels.
Thank you!!