Schoolboy wear girls uniform

Clippings from news sources involving fashion freedom and other gender equality issues.
skirted84
Distinguished Member

Schoolboy wear girls uniform

Post by skirted84 »

https://www.glasgowlive.co.uk/news/lana ... hCBEQW-iL4

That's how it's done. Not a trans kid or even a shorts protest. Just wearing the dress like it's the most normal thing.
Uncle Al

Re: Schoolboy wear girls uniform

Post by Uncle Al »

This has been posted before under the Skorts thread.
Re: Skort Question

#20 Post by STEVIE » 19 Sep 2023, 21:02
......and here is a kid after my own heart, our future rests with such as this little Wee Free Man:

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/lifestyle/fam ... e286&ei=20

Steve.
Uncle Al
:mrgreen: :ugeek: :mrgreen:
Kilted Organist/Musician
Grand Musician of the Grand Lodge, I.O.O.F. of Texas 2008-2009, 2015-2016,
2018-202 ? (and the beat goes on ;) )
When asked 'Why the Kilt?'
I respond-The why is F.T.H.O.I. (For The H--- Of It)
skirted84
Distinguished Member

Post by skirted84 »

Well anyone who missed it in that thread (like me) has another reference. :? Can't overstate the significance of these.
shadowfax
Member Extraordinaire

Post by shadowfax »

The MSN web site story, linked in the skorts thread post by Stevie, had photos cropped at the waist but contained a link to the Daily Record story which had complete photos.

Schoolboy in pinafore dress with his supportive parent.
(Image from Daily Record story)
STEVIE
Member Extraordinaire

Post by STEVIE »

skirted84 wrote: Wed Sep 20, 2023 10:44 pm Well anyone who missed it in that thread (like me) has another reference. :? Can't overstate the significance of these.
I posted it under the skort question and I wholeheartedly agree 84!
If there is a hope for men's fashion freedom, it lies with kids like him.
Many big bad assed adult men could take a leaf out of his book.
Sadly, there has also been comments around "the parents will rot in hell" for allowing their son to be happy.
Sure they will ignore the eejits and I hope the wee man can keep it up for a long time to come.
Steve.
Stu
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Stu »

I am in two minds about this. If I were Theo's parent I would have absolutely no issue about him wearing the dress as a garment option. Boys should be able to wear pinafores just as girls can choose trousers. This isn't just the dress, though. He's choosing a girl's shirt and a girl's coat and he has a girl's hair pin and that suggests he is choosing the dress because he sees it as a feminine garment. So this is about gender rather than extending boys' clothing choices.

He's only seven years old and at this stage I wouldn't be too worried as he's experimenting with gender as some children do and it's likely to be a phase he'll outgrow. But I would keeping an eye on him.
greenboots
Member Extraordinaire

Post by greenboots »

What a positive story!

As usual, the comments reflect the attitude that no boy would want of his own free will to wear a pinafore dress.
STEVIE
Member Extraordinaire

Post by STEVIE »

Stu wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2023 8:43 am He's choosing a girl's shirt and a girl's coat and he has a girl's hair pin and that suggests he is choosing the dress because he sees it as a feminine garment. So this is about gender rather than extending boys' clothing choices.
He's only seven years old and at this stage I wouldn't be too worried as he's experimenting with gender as some children do and it's likely to be a phase he'll outgrow. But I would keeping an eye on him.
Stu,
How can you tell it's a girls coat and shirt that he is wearing and actually, does it matter.
The hairpin can only be for a girl or at best, unisex because society says so.
To him, the clothes he chooses are not necessarily feminine but simply those that only his female peers can wear so I believe he is definitely pointing toward greater choice for all boys.
Finally, "outgrow the phase", I didn't and my parents kept a hell of a close eye on me.
If it ever transpired that he is forced into conformity, the world will be a poorer place for that.
Steve
Stu
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Stu »

Stevie

His mum has said it's a girl's coat. He is choosing a pink schoolbag. He is choosing a hair pin made for girls who have longer hair. He is choosing items expressly because they are feminine, including the dress. That says it's a gender issue rather than a purely sartorial choice.

I am not saying that's wrong but, as that appears to be the case, then he is into trans-territory and we should not expect other boys to follow his example.
skirted84
Distinguished Member

Post by skirted84 »

We don't know the exact motivation of course but "gender issues" feels so ingrained we don't see the contradiction even when its before our very eyes. Women have rightly pushed back on gender roles, time for men to step up.
denimini
Member Extraordinaire

Post by denimini »

Good to see. I would like to think that there are many more examples out there that haven't made the news, which is nicer to be understood and accepted by the school and local community than be exposed in the media, to the ire of bigots.
Anthony, a denim miniskirt wearer in Outback Australia
rivegauche
Member Extraordinaire

Post by rivegauche »

I long for the day when this sort of thing is no longer news. It bodes ill for the future if even people on this site are determined to see his clothing choices as transgender (in the widest sense). let him wear what he likes and accept that he just likes it and leave it at that. Looking for signs that he might be trans is just weird.
STEVIE
Member Extraordinaire

Post by STEVIE »

Stu wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2023 12:33 pm Stevie
His mum has said it's a girl's coat. He is choosing a pink schoolbag. He is choosing a hair pin made for girls who have longer hair. He is choosing items expressly because they are feminine, including the dress. That says it's a gender issue rather than a purely sartorial choice.
I am not saying that's wrong but, as that appears to be the case, then he is into trans-territory and we should not expect other boys to follow his example.
I really do apologise Stu, the first line does say it all and I have no valid excuse for not reading it properly.
However, "trans territory" or not, there is no reason to think that he could not start a trend among boys who may be actually supported by their parents.
Can I just stress that I knew beyond any doubt by age ten that I wasn't "trans", but I would have gladly worn a "whole" girls rig at the same age.
What I can never know is whether it would have been different if I had been allowed the same freedom but I rather doubt it to be honest.
My own father would have seen it as potential for homosexuality, transgenderism was still pretty much a rarity in 1969 when he died.
I am perfectly sure that I would have been soundly thrashed and the outcome of that, who knows?
Harbouring the secret was damaging enough so I really can relate to wee boys who hanker after girls' clothes and I do hope that in the 21st century that we will be able to lay all prejudice and judgement aside for kids like Theo and all the rest.
Steve.
Barleymower
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Barleymower »

Stu wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2023 12:33 pm Stevie

Stu you may well be right that it is a gender issue. However that cannot be judged by what he is wearing. We must apply the same rules to boys as well girls. If a girl chooses to wear boys clothes nobody would notice. On that rational it is not a gender issue.
greenboots
Member Extraordinaire

Post by greenboots »

I see nothing in here that suggests transgender identity. He is clearly behaving as a “typical” boy in other respects and switches between trousers and dresses at will. Of course him mum calls them girls clothes , because that is how they are marketed.

How can we claim that we should be able to wear what we want without being labelled if we immediately label this boy, who we do not know personally?