Vincent Van Gogh family tree

Non-fashion, non-skirt, non-gender discussions. If your post is related to fashion, skirts or gender, please choose one of the forums above for it.
Uncle Al

Vincent Van Gogh family tree

Post by Uncle Al »

From a friend on Facebook:

Well, after some exhaustive research I am pleased to present in it's entirety, the
complete Vincent Van Gogh family tree! If I've missed anyone, please let me know :D

OK, I'll go back under my rock and :hide:

Uncle Al
:mrgreen: :ugeek: :mrgreen:
Kilted Organist/Musician
Grand Musician of the Grand Lodge, I.O.O.F. of Texas 2008-2009, 2015-2016,
2018-202 ? (and the beat goes on ;) )
When asked 'Why the Kilt?'
I respond-The why is F.T.H.O.I. (For The H--- Of It)
rode_kater
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Vincent Van Gogh family tree

Post by rode_kater »

Lol! Took me a while to get because I was using the Dutch pronunciation rather than the English one. I understand: the Dutch pronunciation is difficult for basically everyone not Dutch :D. Though the Scottish ch (as in loch) is close enough.
Modoc
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Modoc »

Uncle Al wrote: Fri Aug 25, 2023 10:19 pm
OK, I'll go back under my rock and :hide:
No need to hide I found it to be clever indeed.
“And the time came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.”
― Anaïs Nin
geron
Member Extraordinaire

Post by geron »

rode_kater wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2023 9:33 am Lol! Took me a while to get because I was using the Dutch pronunciation rather than the English one. I understand: the Dutch pronunciation is difficult for basically everyone not Dutch :D. Though the Scottish ch (as in loch) is close enough.
It was the US English pronunciation rather than the UK English, which is usually much closer to the Dutch.
Myopic Bookworm
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Myopic Bookworm »

geron wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2023 9:46 pm
rode_kater wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2023 9:33 am Lol! Took me a while to get because I was using the Dutch pronunciation rather than the English one. I understand: the Dutch pronunciation is difficult for basically everyone not Dutch :D. Though the Scottish ch (as in loch) is close enough.
It was the US English pronunciation rather than the UK English, which is usually much closer to the Dutch.
I completely missed a lot of American references to the name until an American friend commented to me about the artist and I suddenly twigged.