Things that I wear or do that are considered femme by others

Discussion of fashion elements and looks that are traditionally considered somewhat "femme" but are presented in a masculine context. This is NOT about transvestism or crossdressing.
Barleymower
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Things that I wear or do that are considered femme by others

Post by Barleymower »

I might be getting some of that "Man Cave" wash for Christmas. Can't wait.
PS my wife and daughter keep nicking it off me.
JohnH
Member Extraordinaire

Post by JohnH »

You have to have females for reproduction. Males exist only for genetic diversity. So if you have to have only one gender it would be female.
Also, since I have been on estrogen I am a lot calmer and no longer drink to excess. But it's mighty hard to pass as a woman with my voice bordering on basso profundo. And since I am the only true bass in my church choir with times when I am the the only person singing the bass part I certainly don't want to compromise my voice by trying to sound like a woman.

John
KiltedBigWave
Distinguished Member

Post by KiltedBigWave »

jamie001 wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 5:06 pm
JohnH wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 4:49 pm I can't stand men's fragrances as it seems they have a sharp note to their scents. I guess they clash against my body.scent as I am on estrogen and have a feminine body scent. As a side note, I still regard myself as a man and NOT a trans-woman.

John
I also cannot stand men's fragrances because of the sharp note and the woody smell. After all, would you rather smell like a beautiful flower or a cedar tree? I regard myself as gender a gender non-conforming male who believes that women are the superior biological sex.

Happy Holidays,

Jamie
I agree, I love the women's fragrance, especially "Poison"
"Look at Scottish guys wearing kilts - you could look at them and laugh, but the way they carry themselves, how can you? You can wear some of the weirdest things and be cool. If you believe in it, that's what makes it cool."
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

JohnH wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 5:33 pmYou have to have females for reproduction. Males exist only for genetic diversity. So if you have to have only one gender it would be female.
Parthenogenesis has never been observed in mammals as far as I'm aware, thus both men and women are required to propagate the species. The astute individual will treat each with dignity and respect, which really should be the norm for humankind.
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
JohnH
Member Extraordinaire

Post by JohnH »

That may be true about mammals in real life; however I was writing about a hypothetical situation if there were no males and somehow female mammals reproduced without males.

My points are males are NOT superior to females and females are necessary for reproduction.

John