Why heterosexual man are increasingly wearing skirts

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.
Barleymower
Member Extraordinaire

Why heterosexual man are increasingly wearing skirts

Post by Barleymower »

https://m.facebook.com/gorgeous.side/vi ... IWjH6&_rdr

Nothing really new in the video but a nice plug all the same.

Comments have some choice "real men don't"
Freedomforall
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Why heterosexual man are increasingly wearing skirts

Post by Freedomforall »

The comments reflect horrendous qualities that humans choose to perpetuate. These are self righteousness, jealousy, and a plethora of others. People seem to always judge those they feel superior to.
Uncle Al

Post by Uncle Al »

My comment:
I'm 72 years old and wear skirts and tank-top, solid color dresses. In this heat, these items help keep me cool.
I do wear a Hawaiian style shirt over the dresses. Western ideas need to re-think the possibility that a man
CAN RECLAIM a historical male garment. The male of the species has always been the flamboyant, brightly
colored member of any species.

Plus, I have no need to ride horseback so, why wear pants?

Uncle Al
:mrgreen: :ugeek: :mrgreen:
Kilted Organist/Musician
Grand Musician of the Grand Lodge, I.O.O.F. of Texas 2008-2009, 2015-2016,
2018-202 ? (and the beat goes on ;) )
When asked 'Why the Kilt?'
I respond-The why is F.T.H.O.I. (For The H--- Of It)
Barleymower
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Barleymower »

The comments seem to be split into (in no particular order):
1. Nothing new in it.
2. Live and let live.
3. It's ridiculous.
4. A man like that is not for me.
5. Not a real man.

I expect their definition of a real man is equally unrealistic.
Uncle Al

Post by Uncle Al »

Barleymower wrote: Fri Aug 04, 2023 7:26 pmI expect their definition of a real man is equally unrealistic.
A 100% accurate observation :!:

Uncle Al
:mrgreen: :ugeek: :mrgreen:
Kilted Organist/Musician
Grand Musician of the Grand Lodge, I.O.O.F. of Texas 2008-2009, 2015-2016,
2018-202 ? (and the beat goes on ;) )
When asked 'Why the Kilt?'
I respond-The why is F.T.H.O.I. (For The H--- Of It)
Barleymower
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Barleymower »

https://puheenvuoro.uusisuomi.fi/mannag ... at-miehia/

Found this article from Finland. Short article as old as the hills. The comments are leagues apart. That is they are all positive. Is that translating into opportunities for men in Finland ten years later?
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

Ah ye ole' comment section....

Someday we're going to find a way to generate electricity from dumb ass opinions and on that day we'll solve the world energy crisis for eternity... either that or rip a hole in the universe.... :lol:
-Andrea
The old hillbilly from the coal fields of the Appalachian mountains currently living like there's no tomorrow on the west coast.
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

Another thing to consider about blasted "comment sections" is how much of that is actually penned by real humans anymore. I'm completely convinced that nations hostile to the U.S. (Russia, China, etc) have completely infiltrated American/European social media with chatbots programmed to, sow discord and get the "real citizens" all fired up.

In the old days, Russia and China used to have to lease out buildings in the U.S. and set up what I like to call "bullsh!t mills" to turn out divisive propaganda on the internet. Now with A.I., it's run into overdrive. But there may be hope on the horizon. Many people are spending less and less time actually online, reading and commenting anymore. Everything has gotten so watered down, it's so hard to find real content anymore.

Oh sure, there are exceptions, there are actual people that sit down and pound out nasty remarks online, but take a moment to consider the poor sap wasting his/her life with this. Imagine having such a sh!tty life that you find it necessary to sit on social media on an otherwise beautiful day and pound out vitriol online. It's really quite pathetic, especially when you consider the fact that these opinions really don't matter. I repeat... they DON'T MATTER.

If you're going to waste your life, at the very least, do things to promote the soul, not kill it. Otherwise you'll wind up like my father, a broken down old man, sitting in a windowless basement room, hating everything, ranting constantly, and always thinking the world is about to come to an end... it's no way to live friends...

And yes, I realize I'm pounding out a useless OPINION right now, but you know what... consider the frequency of my commenting here lately. And I'm on call, and you all know when I'm on call, I sit on skirtcafe all day waiting on the phone to go off. But later today if I don't get paged to work, I'm taking my small charcoal grill to Johnson City to grill cheeseburgers with a 20 year old new hire spending two weeks with us to help us get caught up. Afterwards I intend to challenge him to a game of Super Mario Kart on my old Super Nintendo. That console is older than my coworker...

We'll see if I've still got it, and can this old midaged balding man throw down with this younger generation??

Not if I'm able to select Koopa Troopa. :mrgreen:

It will be a 16bit fight to the finish.... and nary a comment section in sight!
Last edited by moonshadow on Sat Aug 05, 2023 4:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-Andrea
The old hillbilly from the coal fields of the Appalachian mountains currently living like there's no tomorrow on the west coast.
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

moonshadow wrote: Sat Aug 05, 2023 4:34 pmSomeday we're going to find a way to generate electricity from dumb ass opinions and on that day we'll solve the world energy crisis for eternity... either that or rip a hole in the universe.... :lol:
We have a problem here. If we hook "Artificial Intelligence" to such a device we shall have achieved "Perpetual Motion" which is well-known as a physical impossibility. Something will have to give here.
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

crfriend wrote: Sat Aug 05, 2023 4:55 pm
moonshadow wrote: Sat Aug 05, 2023 4:34 pmSomeday we're going to find a way to generate electricity from dumb ass opinions and on that day we'll solve the world energy crisis for eternity... either that or rip a hole in the universe.... :lol:
We have a problem here. If we hook "Artificial Intelligence" to such a device we shall have achieved "Perpetual Motion" which is well-known as a physical impossibility. Something will have to give here.
Ah, but you forget, we're living in a simulation, situated on a Earth that is simultaneously flat and hollow at the same time. Nothing is impossible when nonsense is on the menu.
-Andrea
Barleymower
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Barleymower »

moonshadow wrote: Sat Aug 05, 2023 4:34 pm Ah ye ole' comment section....

Someday we're going to find a way to generate electricity from dumb ass opinions and on that day we'll solve the world energy crisis for eternity... either that or rip a hole in the universe.... :lol:
That's a perspective that I keep forgetting, that is that what people are writing on the Web is to a greater extent.. a crock.
It's also wearing that the people most likely to comment are people spreading hate and vitriol. In their own little world they are always right and all this new stuff needs to be stopped.
However.
I took the time to post the Finnish comments because they were so good. Very complementary about MIS and for some reason the benefit to the hunter. This was mixed in with how men outside of Western couture are still enjoying the freedom brought by skirts.
That said tonight I'm am at a 50th birthday party and here, gender norms ie menswear/womenwear is still firmly entrenched and isn't bufging one inch and I'm in my regulation trousers and shirt. My youngest is still in his skirt. He couldn't care less!
Freedomforall
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Freedomforall »

moonshadow wrote: Sat Aug 05, 2023 4:52 pm Another thing to consider about blasted "comment sections" is how much of that is actually penned by real humans anymore. I'm completely convinced that nations hostile to the U.S. (Russia, China, etc) have completely infiltrated American/European social media with chatbots programmed to, sow discord and get the "real citizens" all fired up.

In the old days, Russia and China used to have to lease out buildings in the U.S. and set up what I like to call "bullsh!t mills" to turn out divisive propaganda on the internet. Now with A.I., it's run into overdrive. But there may be hope on the horizon. Many people are spending less and less time actually online, reading and commenting anymore. Everything has gotten so watered down, it's so hard to find real content anymore.

Oh my goodness!! Thank you for saying this. I have been thinking I must be crazy for wondering if this has been happening. It is very much like the old days of propaganda such as occurred in World War 2 where leaflets were dropped over cities.
tbryant2k12

Post by tbryant2k12 »

Barleymower wrote: Fri Aug 04, 2023 7:26 pm The comments seem to be split into (in no particular order):
1. Nothing new in it.
2. Live and let live.
3. It's ridiculous.
4. A man like that is not for me.
5. Not a real man.

I expect their definition of a real man is equally unrealistic.
The definition of a "real man" for many is George Straight. That perfect jean wearing manly cowboy. I've seen so many Facebook memes that portray him as the ideal male.
tbryant2k12

Post by tbryant2k12 »

There are many things that heterosexual men used to wear and do that are now the domain of women.
Barleymower
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Barleymower »

tbryant2k12 wrote: Sun Aug 06, 2023 9:18 pm There are many things that heterosexual men used to wear and do that are now the domain of women.
And the list for men is reaching the bare minimum.