Another all-gender skirt from ADIDAS

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.
Barleymower
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Another all-gender skirt from ADIDAS

Post by Barleymower »

crfriend wrote: Tue Aug 08, 2023 12:24 am
Barleymower wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2023 9:22 pmIn terms of clothes, hell yes I dress like everyone else. It was tough enough to get a girls attention. I wasn't going to jepodise my chances by wearing a skirt. I might as well leave it at home if I did that!
And right there we see the saddest part of the entire situation -- the guy can never really properly express himself lest he "frighten the prey". And thus we dress like drones.
Just a couple of thoughts on what you say.
I would not say that at the time I could not express myself least I frighten the prey. I have never seen women as prey or myself as a drone.

Prey? The most accurate way to describe courting women is : a man chases a women until she catches him. Women would pursue men, they are just as driven as we are but they are savvy enough to make men do the work. Unless of course she has set her sights on the pick of the bunch, then she will go for it.

Drones? I'm no drone or am I? A drone implies we are worker bees. We work/eat/sleep/die within the hive. I have worked in four countries and I felt like a drone in each of them -.it often felt like there was no escape. Wealth and position being the only out. Unless I walk the earth having adventures like Kane in the TV series Kungfu :). In terms of clothes, other men will poke fun if you don't fit it. It's all good if you are 6"6" and 100kg , then do as you like, the world is your playground. Otherwise the trick is to set yourself apart without being the object of ridicule.

That's the world we live in, no point in denying it saying things like "I have women falling all over me and I dress in full on fem mode". Sorry but that's not going to happen in any place but your dreams. We can and we are changing things. Men are being more widely accepted in skirts. We need to keep going out there and flying the flag.
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

Barleymower wrote: Tue Aug 08, 2023 1:12 pmPrey? The most accurate way to describe courting women is : a man chases a women until she catches him. Women would pursue men, they are just as driven as we are but they are savvy enough to make men do the work. Unless of course she has set her sights on the pick of the bunch, then she will go for it.
Just a gentle reminder: I use figurative terms quite liberally in both my writing and in my day-to-day speech, and if someone takes me literally he's quite likely to get the wrong impression. Everybody who knows me understands this and takes it in stride. Those who don't know me can be put off, but if I detect that I'll quickly point up what was going on so understanding can be reached quickly and painlessly.
That's the world we live in, no point in denying it saying things like "I have women falling all over me and I dress in full on fem mode". Sorry but that's not going to happen in any place but your dreams. We can and we are changing things. Men are being more widely accepted in skirts. We need to keep going out there and flying the flag.
Men are becoming more accepted in skirts, but it remains a dangerous proposition because of women's tendency to not accept it on their guy with a few exceptions -- and the guy who has such a partner is a very lucky bloke indeed. I'm hoping to see meaningful change in this during my lifetime, but I am not particularly encouraged by what I see at the moment, and that's going to be the case until it becomes acceptable and commonplace for a woman to be seen with her partner who happens to be wearing a skirt.
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
Barleymower
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Barleymower »

crfriend wrote: Tue Aug 08, 2023 3:12 pm
Barleymower wrote: Tue Aug 08, 2023 1:12 pmPrey? The most accurate way to describe courting women is : a man chases a women until she catches him. Women would pursue men, they are just as driven as we are but they are savvy enough to make men do the work. Unless of course she has set her sights on the pick of the bunch, then she will go for it.
Just a gentle reminder: I use figurative terms quite liberally in both my writing and in my day-to-day speech, and if someone takes me literally he's quite likely to get the wrong impression. Everybody who knows me understands this and takes it in stride. Those who don't know me can be put off, but if I detect that I'll quickly point up what was going on so understanding can be reached quickly and painlessly.
Men are becoming more accepted in skirts, but it remains a dangerous proposition because of women's tendency to not accept it on their guy with a few exceptions -- and the guy who has such a partner is a very lucky bloke indeed. I'm hoping to see meaningful change in this during my lifetime, but I am not particularly encouraged by what I see at the moment, and that's going to be the case until it becomes acceptable and commonplace for a woman to be seen with her partner who happens to be wearing a skirt.
Yes I have noticed the terms you spread liberally in your writing and I know its just your style.
My comments were more aimed at the follow up post that seemed to place me in the drone box.
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

Barleymower wrote: Tue Aug 08, 2023 5:32 pmMy comments were more aimed at the follow up post that seemed to place me in the drone box.
Placed you in the "drone box"? Heck, it dropped me in there as well! If I'm going to write in generalities, I'm in that mix just the same as everybody else! (I'd like to think I've got decent company.)
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!