Another all-gender skirt from ADIDAS

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.
gender free universe

Another all-gender skirt from ADIDAS

Post by gender free universe »

Another all-gender skirt from ADIDAS. Here's the link to the ADIDAS store featuring a new skirt that even a man can confidently wear. What do you think? It even seems available in Kuwait.
https://www.adidas.com/kw/en/blue-versi ... R3421.html
Modoc
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Another all-gender skirt from ADIDAS

Post by Modoc »

I like the idea of skirts made and promoted for males and nongener
is ok as well. I don't particulary care this skirt but the idea is good. I think a lot of companies may have been considering expanding or creating more genderless fashions, but the recent backlash against Targets may give them pause. Too bad. In business of course the bottom line is profit, so it's not likely that the established ones will be taking too big of a risk to produce or promote genderless fashions.
“And the time came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.”
― Anaïs Nin
STEVIE
Member Extraordinaire

Post by STEVIE »

gender free universe wrote: Mon Jul 31, 2023 5:01 pm Another all-gender skirt from ADIDAS. Here's the link to the ADIDAS store featuring a new skirt that even a man can confidently wear. What do you think? It even seems available in Kuwait.
https://www.adidas.com/kw/en/blue-versi ... R3421.html
Not in the UK it ain't! I guess Adidas are large enough to target specific parts of the world which is perfectly logical.
Just have to see how it goes, but past experience does not make for optimism.
ADIDAS make many skirts and dresses that "even" a man could confidently wear, this one is not really that much different.
Steve.
denimini
Member Extraordinaire

Post by denimini »

When people see you in the street most will not know that it was marketed as an all gender skirt. Rather than wait for more to be named as such, for a greater variety, it is quicker and easier to change your mindset to "all skirts are gender free=true".
My name is Anthony, please accept me for the person that I am.
Ozdelights
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Ozdelights »

I know there are some suppliers going down this path. I think there is two positives from this idea.

'All Gender' is a way for a supplier to indicate that the cut/style is suitable for most body shapes as opposed to one cut for the female or male form.

The other is we regularly hear 'a kilt could be an entry way to wearing skirts in general' perhaps a hesitant man might be comfortable to be able to say 'this is an all gender skirt' and use that as a starting point for greater experimentation.

But I'm happy buying and wearing what I find out there already.
greenboots
Member Extraordinaire

Post by greenboots »

I’d love to wear that, but it wouldn’t go down well at home :(
STEVIE
Member Extraordinaire

Post by STEVIE »

greenboots wrote: Sun Aug 06, 2023 2:34 pm I’d love to wear that, but it wouldn’t go down well at home :(
I guess the "all gender" tag wouldn't help very much either Greenboots.
It is a skirt, we can label it green cheese but that cuts no ice with the bulk of society.
The fact remains thar the majority of women do not approve of "their" men wearing skirts or any other item seen as feminine.
Steve.
Barleymower
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Barleymower »

STEVIE wrote: Sun Aug 06, 2023 5:17 pm
greenboots wrote: Sun Aug 06, 2023 2:34 pm I’d love to wear that, but it wouldn’t go down well at home :(
I guess the "all gender" tag wouldn't help very much either Greenboots.
It is a skirt, we can label it green cheese but that cuts no ice with the bulk of society.
The fact remains thar the majority of women do not approve of "their" men wearing skirts or any other item seen as feminine.
Steve.
If men as a group stopped worrying what women approve of and took charge of their own destiny, would the human race grind to a halt?
STEVIE
Member Extraordinaire

Post by STEVIE »

Barleymower wrote: Sun Aug 06, 2023 10:56 pm If men as a group stopped worrying what women approve of and took charge of their own destiny, would the human race grind to a halt?
We know it wouldn't BM but a hell of a lot of men just don't.
Besides, it's not women who have to learn it is the bulk of society.
For good, or bad, men in skirts will likely get the greatest resistance from their partners.
That is, if they find one in the first place!
Steve.
Barleymower
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Barleymower »

STEVIE wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2023 4:49 am
Barleymower wrote: Sun Aug 06, 2023 10:56 pm If men as a group stopped worrying what women approve of and took charge of their own destiny, would the human race grind to a halt?
We know it wouldn't BM but a hell of a lot of men just don't.
Besides, it's not women who have to learn it is the bulk of society.
For good, or bad, men in skirts will likely get the greatest resistance from their partners.
That is, if they find one in the first place!
Steve.
Stevie I discounted men because I think their actions aren't relevant in this problem. Convince the women that a man is still very much a man and its game on. I don't think men really care what other men think when it comes to the opposite sex.
STEVIE
Member Extraordinaire

Post by STEVIE »

Barleymower wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2023 7:01 am I don't think men really care what other men think when it comes to the opposite sex.
You sure about that BM?
I rather feel they do and I have known a lot who just wanted to think "his" woman was the object of every other guy's desire.
Certainly there is an age and maturity factor too, I'd have cared more as a teenager but now well?
Men will certainly dress like the pack if they think if it will lose them an edge in the dating stakes.
Steve.
Barleymower
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Barleymower »

STEVIE wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2023 5:57 pm
Barleymower wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2023 7:01 am I don't think men really care what other men think when it comes to the opposite sex.
You sure about that BM?
I rather feel they do and I have known a lot who just wanted to think "his" woman was the object of every other guy's desire.
Certainly there is an age and maturity factor too, I'd have cared more as a teenager but now well?
Men will certainly dress like the pack if they think if it will lose them an edge in the dating stakes.
Steve.
Stevie I was thinking of my own experience. If I liked a girl and I thought I had a chance I went for it and probably got knocked back in the process. I was not fussed what anyone thought of her, I liked her and that was good enough for me.
Yes, if I was lucky enough to go out with a pretty girl then I was made up to have her on my arm.
In terms of clothes, hell yes I dress like everyone else. It was tough enough to get a girls attention. I wasn't goingbto jepodise my chances by wearing a skirt. I might as well leave it at home if I did that!
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

Barleymower wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2023 9:22 pmIn terms of clothes, hell yes I dress like everyone else. It was tough enough to get a girls attention. I wasn't going to jepodise my chances by wearing a skirt. I might as well leave it at home if I did that!
And right there we see the saddest part of the entire situation -- the guy can never really properly express himself lest he "frighten the prey". And thus we dress like drones.

This ought to be viewed as tragic, and I suspect if society was a bit more sensitive it would be viewed so. But, in the interim, all we can do is "wear the uniform" and conform.

At my age, I don't much give a whit as (1) I'm well above breeding age, (2) anyone I would hook up with would be as well, (3) I'm self-sufficient, and (4) have largely given up on anything meaningful. (4) is in there as a simple statement of fact as I remain one heck of a handful, don't take steering orders gracefully, am extremely opinionated about most things, and am generally a bit "prickly" even though I have a very kind and gentle heart. That heart has been broken a few too many times for me to be optimistic.

So, thus I buck the wallowing of the herd.
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
denimini
Member Extraordinaire

Post by denimini »

crfriend wrote: Tue Aug 08, 2023 12:24 am And right there we see the saddest part of the entire situation -- the guy can never really properly express himself lest he "frighten the prey". And thus we dress like drones.
I see it more positively; dress like drones you will attract drones (or the female equvalent). Being yourself is a good filter; you will only attract people that like you.
My name is Anthony, please accept me for the person that I am.
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

denimini wrote: Tue Aug 08, 2023 11:44 amI see it more positively; dress like drones you will attract drones (or the female equvalent). Being yourself is a good filter; you will only attract people that like you.
There is much merit in that sentiment, but it all depends on the guy in question -- and, make no bones about it, that's a tough row to hoe. It takes a lot of guts, even more chutzpah, and a very strong knowledge of whom one is and a great deal of comfort with that knowledge.
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!