Tescos uniform policy

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.
Barleymower
Member Extraordinaire

Tescos uniform policy

Post by Barleymower »

It's as old as the hills but shows how a bit courage can make all the difference

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/t ... y-23604258
shadowfax
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Tescos uniform policy

Post by shadowfax »

Barleymower wrote: Sun Jul 02, 2023 10:05 pm It's as old as the hills but shows how a bit courage can make all the difference

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/t ... y-23604258

Here are two SkirtCafe threads about the male Tesco worker who prefers to work in a uniform skirt, from March 2021.
viewtopic.php?p=223428
viewtopic.php?p=223492
Happyskirt97007

Post by Happyskirt97007 »

Good for him. I work for a big bank and they are very "be yourself" friendly. I work from home and there is a threat of going back to the office and should it happen, I will be in a skirt a few days a week.
Barleymower
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Barleymower »

Happyskirt97007 wrote: Fri Jul 14, 2023 12:46 am Good for him. I work for a big bank and they are very "be yourself" friendly. I work from home and there is a threat of going back to the office and should it happen, I will be in a skirt a few days a week.
Well done and good for you Happy Skirt. It's a big step and takes some getting used to on both sides.
Have you decided what to wear?
bikesaurus

Post by bikesaurus »

From the article:
“Basically, I’m a guy who wears a skirt and I feel a lot happier now I can just be myself and get on with life.”
That's the kind of energy I can totally relate to! It really doesn't need to be such a big deal. I know for myself most of my worries around wearing skirts are in my head.
STEVIE
Member Extraordinaire

Post by STEVIE »

This is a quote of my comment last year
"It is a fact that what anyone wears is no skin off of anyone else's nose.
However, it is also a fact that some folk are so highly prejudiced that they cannot just mind their own business.
Look at the damn title of the thread, especially "finally"! If it was "just clothes", why did he have to wait to finally be himself!
If it was just clothes, it would have never made the paper. We wouldn't have had a human interest story and Tesco a PR coup if it was just clothes.
But really it is just clothes and if other folk could just butt out, the mental health of the rest of us could be dramatically improved.
I think we all know of people who place quite severe judgements on us for our fashion choices, is it just clothes to them?
Steve."
Happyskirt97007 wrote: Fri Jul 14, 2023 12:46 am Good for him. I work for a big bank and they are very "be yourself" friendly. I work from home and there is a threat of going back to the office and should it happen, I will be in a skirt a few days a week.
It is good for him and good for you too Happyskirt.
However, do not downplay the step that you are taking.
Barleymower is absolutely correct, it is a big one, with a wonderful learning curve ahead of you.
Bikesaurus also mentions fears being "in his head". Sure they may never happen, but that doesn't make them any less real.
Don't let them paralyse you but never ignore them either. That way the pleasure of the experience can only be enhanced.
Good luck to all of you.
Steve
Happyskirt97007

Post by Happyskirt97007 »

Barleymower wrote: Fri Jul 14, 2023 5:20 am
Well done and good for you Happy Skirt. It's a big step and takes some getting used to on both sides.
I have a couple Banana Republic cargo skirts (in khaki and green) that can be pulled off in a male mode and I wear it out all the time.
Barleymower
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Barleymower »

Happyskirt97007 wrote: Fri Jul 14, 2023 7:29 pm
Barleymower wrote: Fri Jul 14, 2023 5:20 am
I have a couple Banana Republic cargo skirts (in khaki and green) that can be pulled off in a male mode and I wear it out all the time.
It's great that you are comfortable and can pull off a cargo skirt. However why should you/we have achieve anything against the odds? Women wear whatever they want, men can too. If anyone doesn't like it then they don't have to look.
Fred in Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Fred in Skirts »

Barleymower wrote: Sat Jul 15, 2023 4:57 pm It's great that you are comfortable and can pull off a cargo skirt. However why should you/we have achieve anything against the odds? Women wear whatever they want, men can too. If anyone doesn't like it then they don't have to look.
If we as men wear what we want then we are a free people. If we as men wear what we are told to wear then we are slaves to whom ever has told us what to wear. I am not going to be a slave to some butt wipe that does not like what I wear.
I am a free man and will wear what I like when and where I like!
"It is better to be hated for what you are than be loved for what you are not" Andre Gide: 1869 - 1951
Always be yourself because the people that matter don’t mind and the ones that mind don’t matter.
Barleymower
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Barleymower »

Fred in Skirts wrote: Sat Jul 15, 2023 6:35 pm
Barleymower wrote: Sat Jul 15, 2023 4:57 pm It's great that you are comfortable and can pull off a cargo skirt. However why should you/we have achieve anything against the odds? Women wear whatever they want, men can too. If anyone doesn't like it then they don't have to look.
If we as men wear what we want then we are a free people. If we as men wear what we are told to wear then we are slaves to whom ever has told us what to wear. I am not going to be a slave to some butt wipe that does not like what I wear.
I am a free man and will wear what I like when and where I like!
If we keep that in mind we won't go far wrong.