Let's never speak this word again

Discussion of fashion elements and looks that are traditionally considered somewhat "femme" but are presented in a masculine context. This is NOT about transvestism or crossdressing.
STEVIE
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Let's never speak this word again

Post by STEVIE »

Barleymower wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2024 7:59 pm Such a simple thing. What's wrong with people?
Simple, they are "people", it's a kind of human condition, not necessarily a good one.

Steve.
Barleymower
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Barleymower »

STEVIE wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2024 9:35 pm
Barleymower wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2024 7:59 pm Such a simple thing. What's wrong with people?
Simple, they are "people", it's a kind of human condition, not necessarily a good one.

Steve.
I saw a documentary on 'Einsatzgruppen'. The men did it because if they didn't they were ostracised by the group, had to menial tasks like clean the toilets and were called sissy.
The commentator said, one of the worst things you can do to a person is ostracise them. It's unbearable to most people.
STEVIE
Member Extraordinaire

Post by STEVIE »

Barleymower wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2024 10:00 pm The commentator said, one of the worst things you can do to a person is ostracise them. It's unbearable to most people.
................and "society", human or animal knows that only too well!
The taboos around MIS and all the other variations of non-conformity derive their power from that very premise.
As I said elsewhere, nasty and it destroys a lot of lives!
BTW, "The Einsatzgruppen", were effectively formed to destroy/murder any people and communities any area the Nazis wanted to further their Lebensraum policy during the war.
I'm not sure if I can think of a nastier example of "human" behaviour than that.
In the context of the thread, creating further taboos around words and discussion really solves nothing.
Secrets and silence also destroy lives.
Steve.
Barleymower
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Barleymower »

STEVIE wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 7:12 am

................and "society", human or animal knows that only too well!
The taboos around MIS and all the other variations of non-conformity derive their power from that very premise.
As I said elsewhere, nasty and it destroys a lot of lives!
Secrets and silence also destroy lives.
I don't underestimate the courage of the guys who are prepared to go out there and face down gender norms and wear what they want too.

On a lighter note I've just got a new skirt from Toast (thrift of course).
Screenshot_20240304_114809_Photos.jpg
To balance things a little my daughter has some thrifty addidas 3/4 lengths which are a cool addition to her wardrobe and Mrs BM has a Tatty Devine necklace.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Mouse
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Mouse »

Very coordinated BM with the navy and the grey.
Daily, a happy man in a skirt...
Barleymower
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Barleymower »

Hi mouse not quite as coordinated as I might look. The phone camera is playing tricks. The tights are black. The skirt brown and the jumper is navy. Either way, thanks.

I'm drawn like a moth to the pretty stuff flame. Sad but true.

I've been looking at your work and play posts. I'll post on that thread.
Mouse
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Mouse »

It is amazing how different a phone camera can make a picture look. The camera may never lie, but the phone camera certainly does.
Daily, a happy man in a skirt...