Long hair

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.
Barleymower
Member Extraordinaire

Long hair

Post by Barleymower »

I am bald but once I had hair, long hair. If I still had hair it would be long.

https://www.readysleek.com/what-does-lo ... out-a-man/

How does the group feel about wearing your hair long and wearing a skirt?
Freedomforall
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Long hair

Post by Freedomforall »

I started growing my hair about three years ago and never intend to cut it. I like having long hair and wearing skirts. What do you think of it with beards>
STEVIE
Member Extraordinaire

Post by STEVIE »

Long hair, short skirts, suits me!
Actually, long hair and pretty much any garment I fancy works too.
It isn't just about length alone but the scope that it offers to be a bit playful like
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Uncle Al

Post by Uncle Al »

With what little hair I have left, I let it grow.
316288989_10210353160742082_7538895848194984019_n.jpg
It helps with my "Seasonal" job :D :santa: :D

Uncle Al
:mrgreen: :ugeek: :mrgreen:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Kilted Organist/Musician
Grand Musician of the Grand Lodge, I.O.O.F. of Texas 2008-2009, 2015-2016,
2018-202 ? (and the beat goes on ;) )
When asked 'Why the Kilt?'
I respond-The why is F.T.H.O.I. (For The H--- Of It)
Barleymower
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Barleymower »

STEVIE wrote: Mon Jun 12, 2023 4:34 pm Long hair, short skirts, suits me!
Actually, long hair and pretty much any garment I fancy works too.
It isn't just about length alone but the scope that it offers to be a bit playful like
Cool, who did that for you? Do they light up?
STEVIE
Member Extraordinaire

Post by STEVIE »

A hairdresser, cost nowt either.
No lights but some were bells.
By the end of the day, the tinkling got a bit annoying.
Steve.
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

STEVIE wrote: Mon Jun 12, 2023 6:18 pmNo lights but some were bells.
I'd have been curious about the power-net to drive 'em if they lit up.

I can see the bells getting "annoying" at the end of the day, though!
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
Barleymower
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Barleymower »

Freedomforall wrote: Mon Jun 12, 2023 3:44 pm I started growing my hair about three years ago and never intend to cut it. I like having long hair and wearing skirts. What do you think of it with beards>
Long hair with a beard is fine very Viking

I posted it up because long is something unbecoming of men now. Yet like the skirt men used to wear their hair long.
I think it is relevant because for century's mens long hair had status. He was wealthy. he was a warrior. He also wore a skirt. Males having short, cut hair were in many cultures viewed as being under society's control.

Now mens long hair have been taken away along with their skirts. Their presence in society is controlled, devalued and male attributes are frowned apon.
Barleymower
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Barleymower »

STEVIE wrote: Mon Jun 12, 2023 6:18 pm A hairdresser, cost nowt either.
No lights but some were bells.
By the end of the day, the tinkling got a bit annoying.
Steve.
Very handy if you are near wild bears. Bears are very shy. 😀
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

I've been a devotee of long hair for decades and haven't had a formal "haircut" since the mid-1980s when I tried to make a then lover happy, It didn't work, of course, and I should have known better, but... In any event, what I have left (much of it is now falling out from stress) is still somewhat spectacular for a male.

Strike two on the romance notion, I suppose...
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
Kirbstone
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Kirbstone »

Looking back at my long adult life I still harbour a secret wish to have grown my hair out as both my sons have more than once. At the outset I chose to study for and enter the Medical/Dental profession, which in my day at least certainly proscribed wearing one's male hair long.

From age 50-odd the top thinning ruled any thoughts of long natural hair firmly out and wig-wearing is the province of drag artists and the like.

In my early 40s I grew a short hirsute beard, but invasive dandruff rendered it impossible to keep, so the razor rules since then.

Skirt wearing for me remains an entirely private pleasure and could never have featured in my workplace.

Tom
Carpe Diem......Seize the Day !
Barleymower
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Barleymower »

Kirbstone wrote: Mon Jun 12, 2023 9:56 pm Looking back at my long adult life I still harbour a secret wish to have grown my hair out as both my sons have more than once. At the outset I chose to study for and enter the Medical/Dental profession, which in my day at least certainly proscribed wearing one's male hair long.

From age 50-odd the top thinning ruled any thoughts of long natural hair firmly out and wig-wearing is the province of drag artists and the like.

In my early 40s I grew a short hirsute beard, but invasive dandruff rendered it impossible to keep, so the razor rules since then.

Skirt wearing for me remains an entirely private pleasure and could never have featured in my workplace.

Tom
I understand and you have your reasons. If you can make it outside its worth it, its very liberating.
Myopic Bookworm
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Myopic Bookworm »

I always liked and wanted long hair, though my mother would start making comments and paying for haircuts if it got longer than touching the collar. I once grew it almost to shoulder length as a student, but it was very thick and bushy, and I didn't think I could hack the "heavy metal drummer" look. Finally with Covid lockdown (and with my mother mellowed by cognitive impairment) I gave it another go, and now have it quite a way past shoulder length. I think the key is that so much of it has now gone grey, the texture is finer so it doesn't bush out so much.

But I generally make a conscious decision to tie it back when wearing a skirt, to avoid looking as though I am trying to dress up as a woman. If I am wearing trousers (which I still like to do sometimes) then I will venture to wear my hair loose, or just put the sides back in a claw-grip. At present, for me to have my hair down while wearing a skirt, I think I would have to have made a very definite "masculine" statement somewhere else in my outfit. (The obvious one would be to grow a beard, but though I had one through most of my twenties and would grow one again, my wife is not a fan.)

If I become more confident with an ambiguous look (call it androgynous, non-binary, or what you will), and depending on any reaction from the wife, I might well venture to combine skirt and long hair in public, but for now the hair band goes on when I step out of the door in a skirt. (Like this evening, when I gave my son and two friends a life home from Scouts, and had to make a snap decision whether to change out of the skirt or tie my hair back. I kept the skirt on, and I don't think any of them noticed it below the steering wheel.)
Jim
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Jim »

This is the first year in a few decades I've skipped my annual do-it-yourself spring haircut. I may still trim the beard a little this year but not greatly shorten it.
Last edited by Uncle Al on Tue Jun 13, 2023 3:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Fixed Typo
Midas
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Midas »

Like most who were a teenager in the late ‘60s/early’70s I used to have long hair. It isn’t an option now because it would take too long to grow to a decent length. The closest I have been is lockdown hair. It became annoying after a while and I was glad to get back to a short style.