Hello from Colorado 2

If you're new to the Cafe, please grab a seat by the potted palm, settle down with a nice big latte, and tell us a little bit about yourself. Please also look here for forum principles and rules.
Modoc
Member Extraordinaire

Hello from Colorado 2

Post by Modoc »

Hello everyone: I am glad to have found this place and look forward to participating in some interesting interactions. I must apologize for being a bit out of order. After joining several months ago, I made my first post a couple of days ago and never had time to get back. So now I am taking the time to introduce myself.
I live in the Denver, Colorado, area and have been wearing skirts regularly for maybe four .years. Before that, I wore a kilt for a couple of special occasions. I must admit that after wearing a kilt for the first time, I knew it was something I wanted to do regularly, but it took a while to work up the gumption. Since then I have worn a variety of different skirts and enjoyed each experience.
I won't babble on, and I look forward to participating here.
“And the time came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.”
― Anaïs Nin
Faldaguy
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Hello from Colorado 2

Post by Faldaguy »

It sounds like you are already a "seasoned" MIS, and though you were not explicit, I gather you wear them in public now as well -- bravo. Yes, that first round or two takes plenty of gumption, but you quickly learn the world does not implode! I hope you have time to join in, and find it useful -- be it for the skirts, or all the tangents we seem to get into.

I think there are some fellow members from your neck of the woods. I know an ex-from Colorado Springs that wore skirts periodically, and I vaguely recall seeing a chap in a skirt in Boulder more years ago than I care to admit to!

Pura Vida, from Costa Rica
ScotL
Chatbot

Post by ScotL »

Modoc wrote: Mon Jun 12, 2023 2:49 am I must admit that after wearing a kilt for the first time, I knew it was something I wanted to do regularly, but it took a while to work up the gumption.
Welcome! This was exactly what I experienced also. The first time I wore a skirt to wear a skirt, I actually did wear a skirt that didn’t look like a kilt. Loved it. Now I’ve been wearing skirts called kilts because they are accepted as “for men.” Currently, I’m working up the gumption to wear skirts that don’t look like a kilt knowing likely most people will still call it a kilt. Which is fine with me. As long as I can wear what I want without getting chastised, names just do not matter.
bikesaurus

Post by bikesaurus »

Hello fellow Denverite!

Maybe I'll take some inspiration from your experiences around town and wear a skirt in public. I'm so happy to hear it works out well for you!
e2k2houck

Post by e2k2houck »

bikesaurus wrote: Mon Jun 12, 2023 4:32 pm Hello fellow Denverite!

Maybe I'll take some inspiration from your experiences around town and wear a skirt in public. I'm so happy to hear it works out well for you!
I'm in Ft. Collins and have never had a negative comment. I've travelled both by car and flown cross country and never had any negative comments. In fact I had a woman chase me down in an airport to ask me where I got the skirt I was wearing