Shopping Online for Skirts

Discussion of fashion elements and looks that are traditionally considered somewhat "femme" but are presented in a masculine context. This is NOT about transvestism or crossdressing.
phathack
Member Extraordinaire

Shopping Online for Skirts

Post by phathack »

When I first started shopping for Skirts I had to determine what my size was, 24-26 3XL in some 4XL or 5XL in others.

The Last 3, Torrid, Venus, and Amazon are where Im shopping for Skirts and other stuff today.

One Stop Plus which is 14 different stores in one website thought the fashion is boring and quite bland.

Long Tall Sally All of my "Mens" jeans are from here as are quite of few skirts and a few tops. While not as boring as On Stop Plus but still Kind of the plane. They used to carry shoes in my size (15W) I bought quite a few pairs of 2" & 3" heels here over the years but 4 or 5 years ago they quit carrying the larger sizes.

Torrid is a plus-size women's store in many Malls all across America size 4, I have bought quite a few Dresses, Skirts, and lots of tops, and Underwear and Swimwear.

Venus first came on my radar back in the 80s when they were just a swimwear company known for edgy cuts and bright colors. Then they branched out by adding women's clothing in sizes up to 26 (3XL) I have bought quite a few dresses, Skirts, and lots of tops here

And the Big one Amazon Women's Plus-Size Fashion, the problem here is every seller has different sizing some of these stores are selling directly from China so long delivery times and you need to buy a 5XL from them and others you can just order 1 3XL skirt and your fine. If the Item says Prime it's in a US Warehouse and will be a 2-day delivery.
Brands that stick out at Amazon, The Drop, Romwe, MakeMeChic, BALEAF, and WDIRARA
ScotL
Chatbot

Re: Shopping Online for Skirts

Post by ScotL »

Yeah, I’m new to this skirt wearing but I can’t figure out the sizes to save my life.
Coder
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Coder »

Sizing is pretty straightforward - not sure why it is difficult for anyone.

Read the size conversion chart - find your natural waist width, follow it to the number or letter size. Write that down. For example, 32" waist --> "L"

Read reviews, google the brand, read fashion forums. Determine whether the brand runs large or small.

Fire off a chat to the company selling the skirt - ask them how it fits, of they can provide actual measurements. You will almost universally get a response, "see our size charts", though occasionally a small enough retailer will measure the skirt for you. Sometimes they will give you fitting advice.

If people complain about the brand being too tight, bracket your purchase starting at "L" and moving up two sizes ("L", "XL", "XXL"). If normal fitting by one smaller, one in your size, and one in a larger size ("M", "L", "XL"). If too large, buy two sizes smaller than indicated and your normal size ("S", "M", "L").

After receiving your skirt, return all three sizes, and order the correct size.

Return that one, because it will be too tight/loose, and order the next size in the direction you need it to be.

Return that one, because at this point you've decided you don't really like it - but it does fit.

Realize "it would have looked better at the waist / natural waist" and order the correct size.

(not really trying to get you to laugh - this is more sarcasm than humor)

-----

Most of the above "advice" is for fitted skirts. Skirts with belt loops or elastic allow a bit more size adjustment.

Elastic skirts avoid much of this hassle - you can wear them at the navel or hips, letter sizes usually encompass a wide range of waist sizes, and they don't (generally) require wide hips.
ScotL
Chatbot

Post by ScotL »

Ha! Thanks Coder for putting it so eloquently
Faldaguy
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Faldaguy »

Thanks Coder for the pragmatic application of higher mathematics -- I have learned well as I have skirts from a petite small, a size 2 'womens' and some up to a 3xl that all fit wonderfully. You will find the bell curve has a very broad peak -- mine running 10-18 that all fit perfectly as they are so accurately selected by advanced algorithms--never a need for a fitting room. You might find a wide audience for your treatise, perhaps titled: Skirt sizing for Dummies'? :D