A deep curtsey!

If you're new to the Cafe, please grab a seat by the potted palm, settle down with a nice big latte, and tell us a little bit about yourself. Please also look here for forum principles and rules.
BouffantBelle

Re: A deep curtsey!

Post by BouffantBelle »

Myopic Bookworm wrote: Sat Jun 10, 2023 10:09 pm Me too: never saw that one. Nice skirt! It is the kind of thing that I would love to wear on a special occasion, but I don't think my wife would approve and I haven't a chance of hiding a skirt that size in the wardrobe!
Thank you! :D Yes, the space they take up is insane. I designed and had made a cylindrical bag to pack it away when not in use, but it still ends up being the size of a bean-bag chair. Woe betide anyone who happened to mistake it for one though. :evil:
phathack
Member Extraordinaire

Post by phathack »

Welcome BouffantBelle,

Since retiring in 2020 I have gone full-time skirt-wearing. I like a Skater or A-Line skirt that's an elastic pull-on type. Today I was out in a Tank Top and Skort running Door Dash deliveries all day, to make a few extra dollars to cover the bills for a retired old man.

My friends know I wear skirts and I am just as likely to show up in a skirt or dress when we meet for lunch or dinner as I am to show up in Shorts or Pants.

I have fully embraced the clothing has no gender idea, now some stuff is not cut for my body so I'm not going to wear them and in all honesty, they are probably not available in a 24W to 26W size anyway.
TheSkirtedMan
Member Extraordinaire

Post by TheSkirtedMan »

I'm a casual participant on this site. At times without logging on.

I have read this thread with interest and sadness. Many often post on this site about wives, partners or girlfriends saying no, yet not for their preferences. I can concur with responses made especially on the subject of society perceptions of masculinity and anything feminine from the past is seen as lower, secondary. I will not offer any advice on wives, partners and girlfriends as it is very personal as to what creates a relationship and differs from person to person. I do know what I would do though based upon the attitudes of many women I encounter in life. My wife is like Moon's wife, fully accepting and in public and wears dkirts dresses herself as a preference. Yes hesitant when going public was a reality due to unknown public reactions but there was none apart from the odd stare, very rare giggle but then that happens in all aspects of life for other situations. I have had a handful of challenges in 12 years but I speak bluntly back. We have a very good friend, very good relationship with her husband and quite OK with me as are many women I encounter in life. This friends husband has an injury which seriously curtailed his shared outdoor life of running and walking. His wife still goes out walking, running even other outdoor activities and no issue from him. She did say to me even if he did I would still do it! So there we go.

Another comment I noted was that women who accept men in skirts could not be attracted to them as well. One reply disagreed. I too this agree. Yes more perhaps would choose the man in trousers, back to the masculinity subject. Since being married of some 32 years I had two approaches when I wore trousers and enjoyed the Bruce Willis experience of the reply, whilst rocking my wedding ring, I'm happily married and watch them flaunt off. However, whilst in skirts I have had several approaches and most of those are from when I decided that my slips and camisoles are part of my public outfit as I do not consider them as underwear unlike knickers and bras, the latter I do wear. I do not try to be a woman, man through and through and quite like my bald head. I have even had two women in the last two years touch me very intermently, clearly making a move but I just quietly step away. So I do not agree that women cannot be sexually attracted to a man in a skirt. Didn't report latter two incidents I am very aware of society in this situation.

For any man out there who has no partner problem and remains very private as to skirt wearing, that's your choice, but all I will say is there is a very contented life out their as a man in a skirt, even more from the society labelled female wardrobe as a man. I invade this wardrobe as a man except bra, makeup and obviously wig, in all aspects of life except where trousers are more practical. I have expanded on this area elsewhere on this site, and this does include restaurants, theater, dentists, doctors, hospitals, even as a patient. My public volunteering role, including digital public presentations included. I believe freedom of choice, expression and individuality applies to all not just the female sex and I will embrace that freedom. Be you, be yourself is another of my quotes. My choice is simply due to character, personality and colour that skirts and related items offer and just like BouffantBelle if today's females want to abandon them in preference for the male wardrobe styles then I too will wear them. As for understanding why women do not understand why some men prefer skirts I don't, I'm back to freedom of choice and what's good for the goose is good for the gander as well.
Be yourself because an original is worth more than a copy.
BouffantBelle

Post by BouffantBelle »

TheSkirtedMan wrote: Wed Jun 14, 2023 1:35 pm anything feminine from the past is seen as lower, secondary.
I'm not sure I would agree. I would argue that it's just seen as soft, not necessarily lower or secondary. And of course, there's supposedly never a good reason for men to want to be soft.
Women wanting to be "hard" on the other hand? Oh, yea! Gimme summa that! (until they figure out that having to be hard all the time isn't all it's cracked up to be. :( )

Thanks for sharing!
TheSkirtedMan
Member Extraordinaire

Post by TheSkirtedMan »

BouffantBelle wrote: Wed Jun 14, 2023 2:32 pm
TheSkirtedMan wrote: Wed Jun 14, 2023 1:35 pm anything feminine from the past is seen as lower, secondary.
I'm not sure I would agree. I would argue that it's just seen as soft, not necessarily lower or secondary. And of course, there's supposedly never a good reason for men to want to be soft.
Women wanting to be "hard" on the other hand? Oh, yea! Gimme summa that! (until they figure out that having to be hard all the time isn't all it's cracked up to be. :( )

Thanks for sharing!
Same conclusion/outlook and down to perception. Masculinity is perceived strong therefore primary image to have and to hold, hence why default dress code these days is very much based upon the society labelled masculine or male wardrobe and why promoted and if not questioned. Soft, hard is the same just different words.

For me, it's irrelevant, sadly for some who prefer the masculine look it's not. Clothing does not define the person their persona does.
timemeddler
Distinguished Member

Post by timemeddler »

mishawakaskirt wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2023 5:45 am Scotl.
Thank you for your comments.

Actually my wife wears skirts about 10 percent of the time. The rest of the time she is wearing jeans or shorts depending on weather conditions.

Trying to appear random I have asked her why she is wearing a skirt at times or wearing pants.
I usually get a because I felt like it or because I can.
I've pointed out that she gets to choose, however I don't get the option of choice, or having the right to feel like wearing a skirt.
Men's feelings are irrelevant. I've tossed just about every reason that I can think of and it gets me nowhere.
I even made the attempt to switch to kilts as a compromise.
She still insults the and refers to them as my "legal skirts"

Legal skirts? Have you subjected her to the jokes about passing legislation banning women's pants, leggings, and high heels since they were men's only at one point in history? :D
Last edited by denimini on Sun Oct 08, 2023 11:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Fixed quotation formatting
TheSkirtedMan
Member Extraordinaire

Post by TheSkirtedMan »

ScotL wrote: Sun Jun 04, 2023 2:32 am I think you can both like the way women look in skirts and like to wear them. Actually I know you can, because I do.

Welcome.
Fully agree. Clothing should be freedom of choice, expression and individuality for all. For me skirts and many items in the still society labelled womenswear have far more character and personality than the male attire.

Welcome to the forum from an adhoc member.