Registrations currently disabled

Discuss recent changes, make suggestions, etc.
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Registrations currently disabled

Post by moonshadow »

ScotL wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 11:58 am Not sure if you were answering my inquiry or not.

I’m wondering why are they doing this not what does it do to the site.

What’s the advantage to the person who started the bot in terms of making so many accounts in this cafe?
If I had to guess, (and I'm NOT an expert on this... it's just a guess...)

These bots are programmed to infiltrate "western" social media websites, online forums, BB services, etc with any of the following:
1) Data garbage and clutter to bog down and crash networks
2) Political unrest (I suspect this is a MAJOR problem among the big social media networks) **
3) Scamming users

** I suspect this is one of the reason for the rapid appetite for authoritarianism here in the west in addition to the overall social divisions plaguing our society today. There's no need for nukes and standing armies when armies of artificial intelligence "bots" are brainwashing us to hate and kill each other from within.
-Andrea
The old hillbilly from the coal fields of the Appalachian mountains currently living like there's no tomorrow on the west coast.
ScotL
Chatbot

Post by ScotL »

Thanks Carl, Coder and Moon. Seems the bots just infiltrate everything and are generally just a Pain in the backside.

Good luck Carl
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

ScotL wrote: Sun Jun 04, 2023 4:47 am Thanks Carl, Coder and Moon. Seems the bots just infiltrate everything and are generally just a Pain in the backside.

Good luck Carl
I know a place to escape....
fog_woods.jpg
No bots here!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-Andrea
The old hillbilly from the coal fields of the Appalachian mountains currently living like there's no tomorrow on the west coast.
ScotL
Chatbot

Post by ScotL »

moonshadow wrote: Sun Jun 04, 2023 4:50 am

fog_woods.jpg

No bots here!
Wow, where’s that? I’m a huge camper. Love to hit the state forests and just find a place off the beaten path to set up a tent and chair and sit and listen to the loudness of nature.
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

ScotL wrote: Sun Jun 04, 2023 4:52 am

fog_woods.jpg

No bots here!
Wow, where’s that? I’m a huge camper. Love to hit the state forests and just find a place off the beaten path to set up a tent and chair and sit and listen to the loudness of nature.
If I'm not mistaken, I believe that's White Top Mountain.
-Andrea
ScotL
Chatbot

Post by ScotL »

moonshadow wrote: Sun Jun 04, 2023 5:03 am
ScotL wrote: Sun Jun 04, 2023 4:52 am

fog_woods.jpg

No bots here!
If I'm not mistaken, I believe that's White Top Mountain.
Six hours from where I grew up. Love that whole area.