Wife took over one of my skirts

Discussion of fashion elements and looks that are traditionally considered somewhat "femme" but are presented in a masculine context. This is NOT about transvestism or crossdressing.
big_daddy_thong

Wife took over one of my skirts

Post by big_daddy_thong »

I bought a long to the olive calf skirt from Goodwill. It e and cheap and an impulse buy. I hardly wore it and really didn't fit my fashion style, more like a feminine hippie skirt. This skirt is a front tie waist and a flowering bell type of hemline. My wife found it in my closet and asked if she could wear it. End result, it looks much better on her. But I still like to wear it from time to time. To get an idea of the size difference between us, I'm 6ft 5 and she is 5ft 4
phathack
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Wife took over one of my skirts

Post by phathack »

That would never happen in my life, I'm a size 24 and shes a size 4 :lol:
ScotL
Chatbot

Post by ScotL »

Bought a skirt on thredup and now it’s one of my wife’s favorites. Oops. Was comfortable but no pockets so… not a huge loss
Charlie
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Charlie »

I bought a denim skirt off ebay and the wife liked it so much that I bought another one just for her. Then she went on a diet and lost a lot of weight. Now the skirt was too big for her, so she gave it to me. I now have a spare skirt and a slim wife. Definitely a win - win :D
Charlie
If I want to dress like a woman, I'll wear jeans.
Faldaguy
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Faldaguy »

Though my wife fairly often will 'borrow' one of my skirts, she is rather reluctant to lend me hers -- as she sees them more as personal ID among friends. She also is not a fan of 'look alike'. I once spotted a skirt in a store close-out that I quite liked, and thought she would too. They had just two left one size apart and I had both in hand-- she took one and tried it, liked it and put in the basket to purchase -- but when I went to try on the other, and it fit nicely -- she put her foot down, no "twin" look with me!

Typically her borrowing is when we are travelling and neither of us have a full assortment of choices, and the pilfered skirt is usually a 'plain' item anyway -- but if it is something more colorful, I may have to raid her closet later to get it back! We are both fans of thrift stores and sometimes we will grab something without trying it on (too close to closing, or during covid) so when we get home and the item does not flatter in the hoped for way, it is offered up to the other and often that works, but sometimes it becomes a return for store credit. Getting your wife or S.O. engaged in skirt sharing is a great way to increase her comfort, ease and cooperation with MIS as a good, rather than just tolerated, thing!
TSH
Distinguished Member

Post by TSH »

Faldaguy wrote: Mon May 22, 2023 6:00 amI once spotted a skirt in a store close-out that I quite liked, and thought she would too. They had just two left one size apart and I had both in hand-- she took one and tried it, liked it and put in the basket to purchase -- but when I went to try on the other, and it fit nicely -- she put her foot down, no "twin" look with me!
I could imagine this going poorly if the sexes were reversed...