Thrift Shop and discount stores

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.
big_daddy_thong

Thrift Shop and discount stores

Post by big_daddy_thong »

I was working on my work route and took my lunch break. I happened to come across a Goodwill Store. I'm always in the market for a thrift skirt shopping just for kicks. I found a black spandex pencil skirt to the knees with the ripped horizontal holes and a olive green calf length skirt. I took them to the cashier for check out. I still was not sure about my decisions to buy these to items, so I asked the sales lady at the counter what she thought and held them up to my body to get her opinion. She said they both looking fabulous on me. She was in her 70's if that matters, but seemed to have a good sense of fashion. I asked her if any men came in to buy skirts on a regular basis. She said not very much to her knowledge. But she was aware of the unisex or non binary clothing trend.

I have recently acquired 3 new skirts/ skorts from the local Goodwill' all for under 10 bucks. I have been obsessed with buying Skirts as of late. I have a new past the knee to the calf black skirt to match my tan skirt. I also bought 2 used skorts, one blue jean material and the other in black nylon and spandex(prefect outfit for work). My wife tolerates my skirt wearing but sometimes question my fashion sense. Like she is not sure if my clothes match my outfit.

I've gone all in on wearing skirts. I just bought 2 new ones last month. I found a navy blue yoga skirt at a local discount store called Gabe's. paid $3.99, can't wait for hot yoga class to try them on. These have above the knee compression shorts built in, like skorts and the have pockets on the legs like regular leggings. I also bought a light blue jean skirt Old Navy brand at the Goodwill for $4.75, recently I just purchased a similar black denim skirt from Old Navy for $40.00. I'm wearing the new blue ones tomorrow when I got out into the world.
I'm I going overboard with my new obsession?

I have also had good results finding skirts at Burlington Coat Factory, Marshalls, T.J. MAXX, ROSS DRESS FOR LESS and GABES
Faldaguy
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Thrift Shop and discount stores

Post by Faldaguy »

It would be hard to go 'overboard' with your buying at Goodwill! I often to it up 'one better' and buy the color of the week half priced items -- you can get a bunch for very little expense. And the Goodwill stores usually have great dressing rooms, ample room, good mirrors, privacy and hooks to easily try each item --- you will become more adept at picking sizes and styles that work for you, but often the try-on will save a trip back to return items that don't fit or just are not your style.

And now you've got a great opportunity to further engage your wife to help you learn what the little tricks of blending colors, fabrics, and styles that work synergistically.

Your other low end stores do often have nice things -- but your bucks will go a LOT further at the thrift shops and offer good wear along with an education. It is also easier to slip over to the purses, or other accessories for low cost complements while there. Most recently, I've seen several staff that appear to be on the trans spectrum; male clerks with nails done up; and often had a comment "cute skirt" or some such during checkout. Given I am always wearing a skirt, they 'know' the items are for me, even when it is both the wife and I shopping together.

Go forth, enjoy your obsession -- it is a cheap, harmless and fun thrill!
pelmut
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Thrift Shop and discount stores

Post by pelmut »

Faldaguy wrote: Thu May 11, 2023 6:31 am ... Go forth, enjoy your obsession -- it is a cheap, harmless and fun thrill!
...if you have the space to store it.
There is no such thing as a normal person, only someone you don't know very well yet.