Vicarious Skirting

Discussion of fashion elements and looks that are traditionally considered somewhat "femme" but are presented in a masculine context. This is NOT about transvestism or crossdressing.
ScotL
Chatbot

Re: Vicarious Skirting

Post by ScotL »

mishawakaskirt wrote: Mon May 08, 2023 3:52 am
My wife wife doesn't understand why I would want to wear skirts, she sees them as inferior to trousers.
Ive tried to explain why I like them, but I don't think she fully understands it. There is a time and place for both, I just want to have the opportunity to have both in my closet.
This is the part I wish others would see how myopic they are being. Your wife doesn’t understand why you want to wear a skirt because HER beliefs are that they are worse than trousers. Would your wife be happy if you held disdain for her trouser wearing because YOUR belief was trousers are worse than skirts?

Can’t we all realize what we like has no bearing on what another should like?
STEVIE
Member Extraordinaire

Post by STEVIE »

mishawakaskirt wrote: Mon May 08, 2023 3:52 am Skirt s are one of those things you got to wear First hand and not vicariously to fully enjoy them. That's like looking at travel magazines and then saying I really enjoyed my vacation.
I really like this quote Mishawaka.
Just wish that I had thought of it myself.
Simple fact is that life is a hell of a lot more fun in a skirt or a dress. The human experience can be drab enough, it doesn't need anything to make it worse.
Steve.
Midas
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Midas »

mishawakaskirt wrote: Mon May 08, 2023 3:52 amMy wife wife doesn't understand why I would want to wear skirts, she sees them as inferior to trousers.
Women don’t understand the discomfort of trousers because they lack the dangly bits that make them uncomfortable. Theirs is a different experience.
Last edited by Uncle Al on Mon May 08, 2023 7:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Fixed/Corrected quoting format
STEVIE
Member Extraordinaire

Post by STEVIE »

Midas wrote: Mon May 08, 2023 5:13 pm Women don’t understand the discomfort of trousers because they lack the dangly bits that make them uncomfortable. Theirs is a different experience.
Not so sure about that Midas, I decided that I didn't want to wear trousers long before I had enough dangly bits to worry about.
I'd agree about the different experience though.
My take is that women take their clothing choices for granted because many nowadays have never known the restrictions that their female forebears had to contend with.
Comfort can come in many guises and be highly subjective too.
For myself, the physical comfort of skirts is not the only, nor my prime, motivator for wearing them.
I prefer to say my choice, my freedom and little more.
Steve.