Never mind the ******** here's the Sex Pistols

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.
Barleymower
Member Extraordinaire

Never mind the ******** here's the Sex Pistols

Post by Barleymower »

I was having a chat with my daughter and they reminded me that the Sex Pistols were a manufactered band. I vaguely rememebered this and looked it up. Yes they were put togther to promote Vivenne Westwoods store 'Sex'. John Lydon (Jonny Rotten) is the genuine article though as he already had they look they wanted.

Here is the article:
https://history333.courses.uwgb.org/mus ... x-pistols/

WHY IS THIS RELEVANT TO MEN IN SKIRTS??

As a group we are promoting a look for men which is going against the established norms. We all agree that we can largely go around without much hassle but individually many of us have taken flack for the way we look.

In a way we are like the punks of the 70's, we are challenging the way society is organised. A society which dictates and controls the lives of the people and in which people are not allowed to disagree.
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Never mind the ******** here's the Sex Pistols

Post by moonshadow »

Something that always invokes a bit of pride for me is the fact that nobody, no business, no advertisement, no influencers (woke or MAGA), no TV, no radio, no YouTube, no posters, no social media, nothing....

I started wearing skirts during a three year period where I lived completely cut off from the world, renting a house on an RV park, right along the Appalachian trail.

I was inspired to try on a skirt for the first time when I was in the local grocery store and saw one of the hippy hiker guys wearing a long tie die skirt in the aisles, and I thought "that looks like fun... I think I'll give it a try..."

I tell you, you just never know who you might inspire. I wonder if that old hiker dude knows the fire he lit inside my spirit that day...
-Andrea
The old hillbilly from the coal fields of the Appalachian mountains currently living like there's no tomorrow on the west coast.
Barleymower
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Never mind the ******** here's the Sex Pistols

Post by Barleymower »

You had the courage to go against the grain. Something that all guys who are out there in skirt share. No disguise just being yourself.
It's not easy, I know I don't find it easy.

I wonder if anyone here has met anyone who they inspired another to take the plunge?