What is traditional masculinity?

Clippings from news sources involving fashion freedom and other gender equality issues.
jamie001
Member Extraordinaire

Re: What is traditional masculinity?

Post by jamie001 »

The best thing to do is to embrace femininity and admit that femininity is superior to masculinity in any form. The world would be a lot more peaceful and violence would almost be eliminated.When we put on.a skirt and heels, it will be seen by society as elevating our status.
Uncle Al

Post by Uncle Al »

jamie001 wrote: Thu Apr 20, 2023 6:11 am The best thing to do is to embrace femininity and admit that femininity is superior to masculinity in any form.
The world would be a lot more peaceful and violence would almost be eliminated. When we put on.a skirt and
heels, it will be seen by society as elevating our status.
I've known many women who act real nice and 'genteel' with plenty of grace.
Yet, when push comes to shove, they turned into a wild beast. They were
more dangerous than a 20 year veteran of the Marines(merchant or otherwise).

They could cuss and drink anyone under the table, shoot a can at 50 yards
and never ruin their make-up.

Not THAT'S a "bad-a$$" :twisted:

Uncle Al
:mrgreen: :ugeek: :mrgreen:
Kilted Organist/Musician
Grand Musician of the Grand Lodge, I.O.O.F. of Texas 2008-2009, 2015-2016,
2018-202 ? (and the beat goes on ;) )
When asked 'Why the Kilt?'
I respond-The why is F.T.H.O.I. (For The H--- Of It)
Barleymower
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Barleymower »

Uncle Al wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 10:43 pm This may sound a bit 'sappy' but at 72, this is what I think "traditional masculinity" should be.

A man should be(in random order)-
  • A protector of the family unit
  • A forger- supporting(providing for) the unit
  • A guide/teacher for the young
  • Showing kindness and courtesy are to be honored
  • Showing respect for the Elders of the unit
  • The Elders wisdom, gained from experience, should guide you in life
  • Willingness to listen to the family unit
  • Civility first, aggression should be a last resort, when communicating or problem solving
There are "toxic feminists" through out the world. Do not let people, like Gloria Steinem, rule your life.
Yes, equal treatment for all, but, not oppression of men just because they are men.

Uncle Al
:mrgreen: :ugeek: :mrgreen:
This is a clear traditional definitive view of masculity.
What about all the niceties that go with it? These are the really big ticket items that still seem non negotiable. I'm talking about:
1. Going to war and dying
2. Being ultimately responsible for the bills
3. Giving up your kids in a family breakdown
4. Handing over everything you worked for in a marriage breakdown.
Women are not a sweet and nice, they are warriors. Anyone who believes otherwise has never been married.
The only advantage men had was they are bigger and stronger. And like Samsom they are now in chains. That is what radical feminism is about.
FLbreezy
Member Extraordinaire

Post by FLbreezy »

Barleymower wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 10:16 pm Let's have a random look at what the interweb has to offer googling 'men in skirts' since
There's your problem, f*ck the internet. As my mentor Jimmy Buffett would say "all that fiber optic gear still can't take away that fear like an island song."

I wore a skirt to the warehouse store yesterday in the middle of the day, it was crazy busy. Nobody cared. One of the free sample ladies stopped me to talk about the hockey game the night before, since I was wearing a team polo shirt. She looked down and said "nice kilt!". In a rare moment of inspiration I leaned in a bit and said "it's actually a skirt, but I won't tell if you won't" and she laughed.

I'll be out here living my life, being masculine in mind and deed and I don't care what anyone else wants to define it as, that's their problem. If I see something good on the internet, that's great. If I see something bad, that's fine too, whatever. It's not going to change me.
ScotL
Chatbot

Post by ScotL »

Uncle Al wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 10:43 pm
A man should be(in random order)-
  • A protector of the family unit
  • A forger- supporting(providing for) the unit
  • A guide/teacher for the young
  • Showing kindness and courtesy are to be honored
  • Showing respect for the Elders of the unit
  • The Elders wisdom, gained from experience, should guide you in life
  • Willingness to listen to the family unit
  • Civility first, aggression should be a last resort, when communicating or problem solving
Here’s MY problem with this definition of masculinity. Are these not also attributes that women should ascribe to? How are any of these traits specific for men and not specific for humans?

The more I have difficulty finding traits that should only describe a man or a woman, the more convinced I am that the terms masculinity and femininity are aged terms best left to rot alongside dinosaur bones where archeologists can debate their impact after society moves on from them and uses their byproducts to power their gas guzzling cars.

Outside of a woman giving birth, what are the unique characteristics of each sex that the other cannot perform?

NOTE: this post is NOT a personal attack on anyone but is meant to have a rational discussion with debate honoring all opinions. Any perceived slight is just that, perceived and not intended.
ScotL
Chatbot

Post by ScotL »

FLbreezy wrote: Thu Apr 20, 2023 11:59 am
Barleymower wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 10:16 pm Let's have a random look at what the interweb has to offer googling 'men in skirts' since
She looked down and said "nice kilt!". In a rare moment of inspiration I leaned in a bit and said "it's actually a skirt, but I won't tell if you won't" and she laughed.
That’s an awesome rejoinder! I usually think of such witty comebacks an hour later as I’m driving away when about my face stops blushing. Hahahaha
FLbreezy
Member Extraordinaire

Post by FLbreezy »

ScotL wrote: Thu Apr 20, 2023 12:17 pm That’s an awesome rejoinder! I usually think of such witty comebacks an hour later as I’m driving away when about my face stops blushing. Hahahaha
Oh for sure, me too. I think because we were already talking about hockey first my mind relaxed.
Barleymower
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Barleymower »

FLbreezy wrote: Thu Apr 20, 2023 11:59 am
There's your problem, f*ck the internet. As my mentor Jimmy Buffett would say "all that fiber optic gear still can't take away that fear like an island song."

I wore a skirt to the warehouse store yesterday in the middle of the day, it was crazy busy. Nobody cared. One of the free sample ladies stopped me to talk about the hockey game the night before, since I was wearing a team polo shirt. She looked down and said "nice kilt!". In a rare moment of inspiration I leaned in a bit and said "it's actually a skirt, but I won't tell if you won't" and she laughed.

I'll be out here living my life, being masculine in mind and deed and I don't care what anyone else wants to define it as, that's their problem. If I see something good on the internet, that's great. If I see something bad, that's fine too, whatever. It's not going to change me.
Hi FLb, I dont have a problem with the web. The internet is by no means real. It reminds me if some sort of alternate reality. It's a world that's full of colour and knowledge and at the same time it can be dark and unpleasant.

You will see me regularly in Costo in a skirt I don't get any problems. I met a lady a few weeks ago who liked my skirt and then proceeded to tell me about tea dancing in her youth. She was very sweet.