The Times of Israel: Genderless collection hits runway on last day of Fashion Week

News from High Street, for the Fashionistas among us! Couture only here please; if you can buy it off the rack, try another forum.
Grok
Member Extraordinaire

Training Wheels May Be The Next Fashion Statement.

Post by Grok »

Coder wrote: Sun Mar 26, 2023 6:32 pm While I don't like the look myself, I don't see any issues with wearing a skirt over jeans. It's a style/fashion choice - they have theirs, we have ours.
My first purchase was a Utilikilt (Mocker variant). Right away I wore it out and about, but not with trousers or leggings.

It occurred to me that members may be among the boldest of the bold.

Others, though, while interested in experimenting, may not be quite so bold. They may need, in effect, training wheels.

I will give this guy credit for at least venturing out of his comfort zone. If I met him, I would be willing to give him moral support.
phathack
Member Extraordinaire

Re: The Times of Israel: Genderless collection hits runway on last day of Fashion Week

Post by phathack »

STEVIE wrote: Sat Mar 25, 2023 8:56 pm
Barleymower wrote: Sat Mar 25, 2023 6:10 am How long does it normally take for fashion houses runway to arrive in retail stores?
Does it ever?
If the price is right, modified version of catwalk pieces can hit the shops within a week.
Primark, apparently was very good at it.
NB this doesn't extend to skirts for men, that is still due on the 12th of Never.
Steve.
I can't ever remember seeing anything in a store that looked anything like what was on a catwalk at a fashion show so they must be highly modified.
STEVIE
Member Extraordinaire

Re: The Times of Israel: Genderless collection hits runway on last day of Fashion Week

Post by STEVIE »

phathack wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2023 3:22 am I can't ever remember seeing anything in a store that looked anything like what was on a catwalk at a fashion show so they must be highly modified.
Phatback.
Have a look at Farfetch.com, tons of designer high end stuff which probably first appeared in one of the major fashion weeks.
Sweep Amazon for similar looks and you will find them.
Naturally highly modified and inferior but, hey if no one looks too closely?
Steve
Kirbstone
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Kirbstone »

Farfetch quote outrageous prices for their stuff, some of which is rather nice. I'll make do with the likes of Asos, Shein and Amazon, all of which are more down-to-'earth.

Tom
Carpe Diem......Seize the Day !