Kilt length - advice requested

Kilt-based fashions, both traditional and contemporary. Come on guys, bring on the pleats!
Tazzmac

Re: Kilt length - advice requested

Post by Tazzmac »

KiltedBigWave wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 1:42 pm I for one love the 18 inch length kilt, it seems perfect me especially for running and hiking.
I normally would not wear 18 " and in that case it was worn to hip height to demonstrate to my friend what it looks like compared to a regular length kilt ..I was in a mood enough to be silly about it I guess .. If I'd worn it like girls do I'd say at the waist it wouldn't be that dramatic .. That said I quite liked the feeling .. Something else that I did a few days before that and something I had never done before was shave my legs ..I wish I'd done a before and after photo .. As I've got older my leg hair has become patchy and spindly for some reason ..hardly any at the back calf and hairs in spots around the front.. One morning early in the new year I decided to shave it . A competitive cyclist friend does this all the time who is a lot more hairy than me and it look really clean . So I did it .. Two things will happen .. It'll grow back more consistent which will be good or it'll grow back the same patchy look .. If it does I'll shave them again and keep them so because it is preferable personally to the patchy one now I've done it .
Tell you what, it feels cleaner too and probably would suit a shorter kilt or skirt look .
r.m.anderson
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Kilt length - advice requested

Post by r.m.anderson »

It makes one heck of a difference in how that mini kilt - non-regulation length is worn.

Positioned on the navel waist -
Actual (smallest portion of that hour glass) waist -
Or if able the hip waist.

The mini-kilt if worn at the navel is in extremely dangerous territory of exposure !
If worn at the natural waist this is much better but what is worn in conjunction with this tells a tale - - -
Think a shirt/blouse sweater yoga top covering much of the waist band.
General modesty is sufficiently covered there being no undo radical movements
At the hip waist a tunic top would best be considered unless showing off that 6-pak stomach.
The bottom length now safely covering more potentially exposed territory.

Also consider that a kilt hugs the torso more so than an "A" line skaters skirt with a flare.
Something else to note the kilts made for the other side of the aisle have a slight flaring
to compliment a hour glass shape ***
*** as far as I can see in wearing my mini (14-16 inch hem) kilts (SportKilts)
"YES SKIRTING MATTERS"!
"Kilt-On" -or- as the case may be "Skirt-On" !
WHY ?
Isn't wearing a kilt enough?
Well a skirt will do in a pinch!
Make mine short and don't you dare think of pinching there !