Hi, glad to meet you

If you're new to the Cafe, please grab a seat by the potted palm, settle down with a nice big latte, and tell us a little bit about yourself. Please also look here for forum principles and rules.
Myopic Bookworm
Member Extraordinaire

Hi, glad to meet you

Post by Myopic Bookworm »

I think I may have been a member once, but it's so long ago I have forgotten any user details I once had!

I always liked the idea of a kilt, and bought myself one from a travelling Scottish trader when I was a postgraduate student. (I was talked into taking up Scottish dancing as a result: I've no regrets about that, it helped me to catch a girlfriend!)
After a few years I plucked up the courage to buy a plain tweed kilt in Edinburgh and started wearing that too (girlfriend having become wife).
I now have lots of kilts: six tartans of varying weight, tweed, plain, corduroy, denim, and an Amerikilt that I picked up at a Celtic festival in the US.

It still bugged me that, as a man, I was allowed to wear a skirt just so long as it was knee-length and pleated (and preferably tartan). So this year I started cruising the charity shops, and have been wearing a comfortable mid-calf length skirt at home. Today was my first public outing. If anyone noticed they didn't say anything. (I went to a quiet park, not to a busy shopping centre!)

I guess the next step is to test the wife's reactions...wish me luck!
Kirbstone
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Hi, glad to meet you

Post by Kirbstone »

Welcome and I wish you joy, MB. I too am nuts about kilts and have several. SW England is big place. Lived there for nigh-on a quarter of a Century and have a raft of family scattered about there. Good that you have your OH on board, but as you say, she mightn't take to something other than a kilt.

The main thing is, Have fun. That's why we are here.

Tom
Carpe Diem......Seize the Day !
Bikerkilt
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Bikerkilt »

Welcome to the calf.
New-in-Skirts

Post by New-in-Skirts »

Welcome to the cafe. Enjoy your time here and share away.
Myopic Bookworm
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Myopic Bookworm »

Synchronicity is a thing. I have very rarely seen a man in a skirt (other than a kilt or someone cross-dressing), but I join this forum and "boom": I was out shopping today and I met a guy in a medium-short coat over tights and knee boots. No idea what he had on under the coat but I'm pretty sure it must have been a short skirt. I wasn't going to try and exchange life stories in the middle of Decathlon (and I was in jeans), but I did comment that I couldn't get boots like that in my size, and he recommended Primark.
Maybe it was one of you guys. If so, I hope to meet you in town again some time. I found it very encouraging that someone in my home area is pushing the envelope in the field of male clothing.
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

Nice one BK. I can just see up all dancing around a huge golden young bull. The image brought a smile to my lips.

Anyway welcome to the Skirted Ones Cafe. Join in to discussions, you'll get more out of it then.
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
SkirtsDad
Member Extraordinaire

Post by SkirtsDad »

Myopic Bookworm wrote: Mon Feb 07, 2022 9:58 pm So this year I started cruising the charity shops, and have been wearing a comfortable mid-calf length skirt at home. Today was my first public outing. If anyone noticed they didn't say anything. (I went to a quiet park, not to a busy shopping centre!)

I guess the next step is to test the wife's reactions...wish me luck!
Glad you have chosen to join us (again!). It's always nice to have another voice added to the throng, so welcome!!!

Sounds like your first skirted outing went just as many do, more or less unnoticed, so congratulations on that. Skirt wearing for men, really should be a non-event, but sadly that still isn't true everywhere. On the positive side, it has given us Skirt Cafe and the opportunity to meet a passionate bunch of like minded individuals. I hope you enjoy your time here.

Good luck, of course, showing your skirt to your wife. Do keep us posted :-)