Hiking Skirts - Who Wears What?

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.
e2k2houck

Re: Hiking Skirts - Who Wears What?

Post by e2k2houck »

I use the adventure skirts to run in, all I run in anymore even my ultras and use the kilts, and skirts to wear for every day, it comes down to how I'm feeling. I have 3 of the skirts and 4 kilts
quasisp571

Post by quasisp571 »

quasisp571 wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 12:44 am
quasisp571 wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 12:46 am For me, it is my blue denim mini skirts. I pair them up with polo shirts and hiking shoes. And below is a picture of me wearing one of my skirts -- and it is one of the few that I have when I go hiking.
And here is another recent picture I have of me in a skirt. As you can see, these blue denim mini skirts pair quite well with my polo shirts...Skirted Again!.jpg
And here is an update. I have decided to take a new picture of me in one of my skirts -- it is a full body image of me. Hope you like it...Image
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by quasisp571 on Tue May 23, 2023 11:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
john62
Member Extraordinaire

Post by john62 »

Looks very good and natural.
Kirbstone
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Kirbstone »

For me, the problem with straight-cut denim skirts is that the pockets are all too small and tight. I'm not into handbags.

Tom
Carpe Diem......Seize the Day !
Jim
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Jim »

Kirbstone wrote: Tue May 23, 2023 9:38 am For me, the problem with straight-cut denim skirts is that the pockets are all too small and tight. I'm not into handbags.

Tom
I need an aid to remember to carry my phone, keys, wallet, handkerchief, and pocket knife. A belt back works well; a handbag wouldn't work for me because I'd probably leave it somewhere. At home, a carpenter's nail apron works fine for the knife and handkerchief.
tnwheels

Post by tnwheels »

As far as the small pockets in denim skirts. I can see a little and it is extremely easy to make a new pocket cut the bottom and side out of the small pocket and see a new one in. That is the first thing I do when I buy a new skirt that has small pockets.
SkirtedWalker

Post by SkirtedWalker »

Thanks for the image. Since this is a hiking skirt topic, you might reconsider using a blue denim skirt. Any cotton-based clothing, socks, t-shirts, skirts, etc. is bad news when hiking. When it gets wet, it gets heavy and doesn’t dry out. I would never wear any-percentage cotton clothing while hiking or backpacking because of the hypothermia issue. The material Purple Rain Skirts uses is idea for hiking and backpacking, and the pockets make it possible to carry essentials without a fanny pack.

The best option is the Purple Rain Dress, with a shirt over it for sun protection and making it look like a skirt.
nzfreestyler
Member Extraordinaire

Post by nzfreestyler »

Offkilter69 wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 5:55 pm
FLbreezy wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 3:08 pm
Offkilter69 wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 1:50 pm ...without hips to hold it up, the wide waistband tends to fold and ride down.
I often wind up folding the waistband over on the skirt, makes a big difference.
Actually I do that too— good follow up suggestion.
I think that style is a high waisted style so you need to wear it up over your hips - which granted is tricky without hip width.

perhaps a low hip style of skirt/skort? I have several running skirts/tennis skorts that are worn lower - that style might be good too for a straighter figure?

Best advantage of my hips is tramping - my waistband puts the load on my hips - which relieves my back.shoulder so much - but I do get tender hips from the pressure. My friends get tired more easily than I do. Thats a real bonus!

NZF