New Law?

Non-fashion, non-skirt, non-gender discussions. If your post is related to fashion, skirts or gender, please choose one of the forums above for it.
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Re: New Law?

Post by Sinned »

I don't know. Somehow I think that I would feel more uncomfortable walking around the neighbourhood in a furry costume as a cat, dog, rabbit or whatever, than walking around in a skirt or dress. :oops: I think that dressed as a furry those around me would consider me stark raving but in a skirt just odd, strange. Maybe that's just my perception and no, I haven't seen a furry around here, ever, even special occasions such as New Years Eve. The nearest I can think is that some onesies can be animal themed.
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
Ralph
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Ralph »

Furry went mainstream when Walmart started selling giant animal heads last year (side note: I can't even imagine what risks you expose yourself to by wearing something on your head that has sat on who knows how many countless other heads in various degrees of hygiene. No thank you!), and this year one-piece full body fursuits were on their costume racks. Yesterday I saw someone mid-teenage wearing one around the store -- this is a week past Halloween, mind you -- and nobody gave him a second look.

I suspect the appeal for most furries is that with adequate head covering they can be outlandish without being recognized. We're all willing to take greater risks when we don't have to worry about being held accountable!
Ralph!
mishawakaskirt
Member Extraordinaire

Post by mishawakaskirt »

I think I'll revive a old thread.
Sometimes I am loopy like that.

I was going to start a new thread and decided I'd search through old ones.
This one had the most mentions to furries so I m here to perform CPR.

I recently (April) started looking at some "safe for work" Furry artwork. After "net stumbling" upon a furry (little furs) themed web comic. At first I didn't realize it was a comic book, someone had shared a single page, I clicked on a Link that took me to the entire comic book.

There is all kinds of furry fandom. I prefer the non-x artwork. There is some amazing artistic talent!! When it comes to furries drawings and fursuit design and sewing.

Going further down the rabbit hole. I discovered that in my area that there is a small contingent of furries.
So in the name of science, I decided I am going to attend a meeting next month. I'll let you know how it goes.

Im not quite ready to run out and buy ears and a tail or a fur suit. But I am interested In meeting a seemingly larger than life fun loving part of the community.
Last edited by mishawakaskirt on Thu May 25, 2023 7:50 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Mishawakaskirt @2wayskirt on Twitter

Avoid the middle man, wear a kilt or skirt.
Fred in Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Fred in Skirts »

mishawakaskirt wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 6:24 pm Going further down the rabbit hole. I discovered that in my area that there is a small continent of furries.
So in the name of science, I decided I am going to attend a meeting next month. I'll let you know how it goes.
Im not quite ready to run out and buy ears and a tail or a fur suit. But I am interested In meeting a seemingly larger than life fun loving part of the community.
Do it skirted!!!!! :lol:
"It is better to be hated for what you are than be loved for what you are not" Andre Gide: 1869 - 1951
Always be yourself because the people that matter don’t mind and the ones that mind don’t matter.
mishawakaskirt
Member Extraordinaire

Post by mishawakaskirt »

Fred in Skirts wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 7:15 pm
mishawakaskirt wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 6:24 pm Going further down the rabbit hole. I discovered that in my area that there is a small continent of furries.
Do it skirted!!!!! :lol:

WHY DON'T BE SO SILLY!, everyone knows male anthropomophic animal characters don't wear skirts, they wear pants if they choose to wear clothes at all. THAT'S JUST NOT RIGHT your cray cray.

I jest with you Fred, had to dog you on just a little. I was thinking about it, (Wearing a skirt ) I would think they would be fairly open minded to "different".
After all it only seems fair. make fun of my skirt I'll make fun of your tail.

Of course if I do decide to join the furries, then the next big question needing to be answered is how do I wear my tail?
Under my skirt or over the skirt? There's a stumper.

I guess let's turn this into a little poll.

Tails and skirts how should they be worn?
Tail over? Tail under? Or third, tail attached to the seat of the skirt? What say ye? Gals and gents? What to do with the tail?
Mishawakaskirt @2wayskirt on Twitter

Avoid the middle man, wear a kilt or skirt.
Kirbstone
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Kirbstone »

Naw. Speaking about my side of the family, my forebears shed their tails aeons ago, so no-one I know now needs to worry what to do with one.

Tom
Carpe Diem......Seize the Day !
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

OK, for the sake of argument, we'll leave human evolution out of the matter where we shed out tails tens of thousands of years ago if not millions, and reduse it to an engineering problem.

Key points:

1) Desired tail length
2) Desired skirt length
3) Desired tail-holding profile (e.g. "up" or "down")
4) Desired tail texture (e.g. mammalian or reptilian)
5) Should the skirt have a proper "fitting" to accommodate a tail

All of those, and entirely likely a couple I missed on the initial pass all decide the ultimate choice. For instance, a long tail carried in an "up" position would rule out all but the shortest of skirts and likely result in something immodest. A very short tail could possibly be accommodated under a short skirt, A long tail carried "down" could work well enough with a short skirt, but not very well with a maxi. The texture might not matter all that much unless it "sheds" (mammalian).

The last point is most intriguing, and offers creative possibilities for designers. I'm not inclined at the moment to "go there".

Jus' sayin'.
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
Myopic Bookworm
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Myopic Bookworm »

mishawakaskirt wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 8:28 pm
Tails and skirts how should they be worn?
Tail over? Tail under? Or third, tail attached to the seat of the skirt? What say ye? Gals and gents? What to do with the tail?
I'd take my cue from seeing a ponytail worn with a baseball cap: you stick the tail through a convenient hole in the skirt.
STEVIE
Member Extraordinaire

Post by STEVIE »

Myopic Bookworm wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 3:40 pm I'd take my cue from seeing a ponytail worn with a baseball cap: you stick the tail through a convenient hole in the skirt.
I cannot remember if we discussed here before but I have seen a fake fox brush coming from under a dress.
The wearer was a young man in a very obvious drag outfit.
Turned out that the "tail" was probably attached to a device utilised by some gay men.
Until then, I had no idea that advertising had reached this level.
Doesn't particularly bother me but seen by the wrong person this could get the wearer hurt or worse.
Steve.