Men in skirts links

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.
SkirtedWalker

Re: Men in skirts links

Post by SkirtedWalker »

I list my skirted experience at http://skirtedwalker.com
I am working on an overall summary page of the couple dozen skirts, kilts, and dresses I’ve tried.

73/sw
Faldaguy
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Faldaguy »

I am looking forward to reading the expanded listing, with perhaps full body shots and walking partners/groups to provide a better sense of their utility and normalcy. The limited selection and emphasis on brand in the link tends to look like a paid endorsement.
SkirtedWalker

Post by SkirtedWalker »

Faldaguy wrote: Thu May 11, 2023 6:45 amI am looking forward to reading the expanded listing, with perhaps full body shots and walking partners/groups to provide a better sense of their utility and normalcy. The limited selection and emphasis on brand in the link tends to look like a paid endorsement.
No paid endorsement - 16 years of searching, purchasing, and wearing practical skirts and dresses. I paid instead - quite a bit in some cases. I publish the list of all the skirts and dresses I’ve tried for hiking, backpacking, working, driving, leisure, etc. As far as normalcy, see my post about a day wearing my skirt about town.
SkirtedWalker

Post by SkirtedWalker »

Several men with blogs are hiking the Appalachian Trail in Purple Rain kilts and Sport Kilts this year. Here’s one example of a hiker in the Sport Kilt.
Skirt18220

Post by Skirt18220 »

Fred in Skirts wrote: Tue Aug 21, 2018 10:10 pm
Grok wrote:When I try the link for Canadian Casual Kilts, I get the message "Safari can't find the server".
When I try it I get a search page with suggestions for skirts and kilts. I think they have gone toes up. :(
In Canada look under Affordable Kilts or Kilts for every budget. based in Vancouver, British Columbia. Lower priced Kilts for 100.00 Canadian, upper priced Kilts at 150.00 Canadian.
Damn I sound like a commercial. I have bought one of the lower priced Kilts looks good wears well so far.
Grok
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Grok »

KiltedBigWave
Distinguished Member

Post by KiltedBigWave »

SkirtedWalker wrote: Sat Jun 24, 2023 2:16 pm
Faldaguy wrote: Thu May 11, 2023 6:45 amI am looking forward to reading the expanded listing, with perhaps full body shots and walking partners/groups to provide a better sense of their utility and normalcy. The limited selection and emphasis on brand in the link tends to look like a paid endorsement.
No paid endorsement - 16 years of searching, purchasing, and wearing practical skirts and dresses. I paid instead - quite a bit in some cases. I publish the list of all the skirts and dresses I’ve tried for hiking, backpacking, working, driving, leisure, etc. As far as normalcy, see my post about a day wearing my skirt about town.
Thanks for this link, it is great full of great resources. I know I love my Sport Kilt for hiking and running and tend to go with the women's length for comfort on the trail.
"Look at Scottish guys wearing kilts - you could look at them and laugh, but the way they carry themselves, how can you? You can wear some of the weirdest things and be cool. If you believe in it, that's what makes it cool."
Grok
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Grok »

At this point the automated system for Macabi seems to be functioning okay. I just ordered another of the (original) Macabi, in terra cotta color. Perhaps certain colors were lagging in popularity, while other colors are deemed viable.
Grok
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Grok »

The Union Kilt link now leads to web site that sells Irish rings.
greenboots
Member Extraordinaire

Post by greenboots »

Grok wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 1:21 am The Union Kilt link now leads to web site that sells Irish rings.
That’s sad. 😔 During the pandemic I bought a black denim utility kilt in the closing down sale. At the time , the owner said he’d sold the business. Clearly it never got off the ground again.